Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  127
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 WB Membership Thread - Target 50,000

You really can't look at the numbers this year, it is futile to say the least. The western Suburbs is always one of the hardest hit during economic downturns, and therefore membership. Once supporters knew we would not see games live and that they have lost their livelihood, membership was the least of their concern. Paying the mortgage, feeding the kids etc on Jobkeeper is tough.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There would be a number of sporting clubs around the world that would love to have our sort of membership numbers
    If we can get back into top 4 contention for a couple of years I suspect we will set all sorts of records
    That is exactly what I am saying. Do you honestly see us back in top 4 contention. What has happened recently to make you confident?

And I don’t recommend comparisons with non AFL clubs because they are not who we have to outshine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    That is exactly what I am saying. Do you honestly see us back in top 4 contention. What has happened recently to make you confident?

And I don’t recommend comparisons with non AFL clubs because they are not who we have to outshine.
    I'm having a look at Richmond at the moment and I honestly think we have a better playing list than theirs and yet they have been successful for a few years now.
    The window should be well and truly open and challenge for us is to maximise the strength in our playing list and success should come
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having a look at Richmond at the moment and I honestly think we have a better playing list than theirs and yet they have been successful for a few years now.
    The window should be well and truly open and challenge for us is to maximise the strength in our playing list and success should come
    Tigers still have about 5 out don't they, maybe more? I think their list is far far more balanced than ours and they certainly have as many, if not more genuine superstars.

I know they just lost to Port who were phenomenal, but I wouldn't sleep on Richmond.

Post Thanks / Like

I defer to your expertise. I don’t think we have used our list well but, because I don’t watch much football other than our games, I will take some confidence from what you say.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    I defer to your expertise. I don’t think we have used our list well but, because I don’t watch much football other than our games, I will take some confidence from what you say.
    That is the challenge for us, we must get the best out of what is a pretty good list. At the moment we aren't there yet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Tigers still have about 5 out don't they, maybe more? I think their list is far far more balanced than ours and they certainly have as many, if not more genuine superstars.

I know they just lost to Port who were phenomenal, but I wouldn't sleep on Richmond.
    I think it's closer than many might think. Richmond are more confident and better organised at the moment. If we can close that gap we will improve a fair bit and our membership numbers will continue to grow