Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  127
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 WB Membership Thread - Target 50,000

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Hit the nail on the head.
    Yeah. Retail theory is pretty interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Interesting read.
    Music has a big effect on retail habits. I heard a long radio report about it the other day.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We need a bit of a boost to our membership levels to get get close to our ambitious target of 50K so I wonder if our game against North in the JLT might be able to provide a spark?

A good win showcasing some of our younger talent players could do wonders for our memberships
    This is where I get frustrated.

The club should be talking about this NOW. I want to know what the pre season plans are but the footy dept are so cagey that we never know what is going on. Play a young side. Tell everyone that weightman and west are playing...do it weeks out. Set a tone...give us something. Bevo does these heartfelt member exclusive videos after losses...let's see that sort of passion used for good rather than for arse covering (sorry, that’s how they come across to me).

He’s a great coach. I love the club. The list is exciting...start building some excitement.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

3. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes strebla, bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fully agree MJP, I just wonder that we don't want to set expectations and then for some reasons not meet them

I'd rather us get on the front foot and set a foundation of what we are intending to use the JLT for

As you say, tell the members we are backing Smith and West from last year, we are fully intending to see what Weightman and Butler can offer us and that the likes of Lewy Young, Lachie Young, Lipinsk, Vandermeer and Greene will be playing as well. Throw in Bruce and talk English up as well

Many of our members will immediately start to build towards the game.

The only other thing I can think of is that we don't want to distract from our AFLW side
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Fully agree MJP, I just wonder that we don't want to set expectations and then for some reasons not meet them

I'd rather us get on the front foot and set a foundation of what we are intending to use the JLT for

As you say, tell the members we are backing Smith and West from last year, we are fully intending to see what Weightman and Butler can offer us and that the likes of Lewy Young, Lachie Young, Lipinsk, Vandermeer and Greene will be playing as well. Throw in Bruce and talk English up as well

Many of our members will immediately start to build towards the game.

The only other thing I can think of is that we don't want to distract from our AFLW side
    Or talk about Bruce and Keath and the young captain, and how English is developing. We have an exciting team.

I hate how supporters want to wiat and see if it is worth getting a membership, give them something now to make them decide before the start of he season.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The challenge is retaining the members through the tough years as well as the good years. Easier said than done. We got 47K in 2017 after our premiership win - the challenge to retain the 47K member mark in years when we aren’t doing as well but from our 2019 season going into 2020 there should be lots to be excited about.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    15 Statistics That Should Change the Business World – But Haven’t

-Price is not the main reason for customer churn; it is actually due to the overall poor quality of customer service – Accenture global customer satisfaction report 2008.
    -A customer is 4 times more likely to defect to a competitor if the problem is service related than price or product related – Bain & Company.
    -The probability of selling to an existing customer is 60 – 70%. The probability of selling to a new prospect is 5-20% – Marketing Metrics.
    -For every customer complaint there are 26 other unhappy customers who have remained silent –Lee Resource.
    -A 2% increase in customer retention has the same effect as decreasing costs by 10% – Leading on the Edge of Chaos, Emmet Murphy & Mark Murphy.
    -96% of unhappy customers don’t complain, however 91% of those will simply leave and never come back – 1st Financial Training services.
    -A dissatisfied customer will tell between 9-15 people about their experience. Around 13% of dissatisfied customers tell more than 20 people. – White House Office of Consumer Affairs.
    -Happy customers who get their issue resolved tell about 4-6 people about their experience. – White House Office of Consumer Affair.

-70% of buying experiences are based on how the customer feels they are being treated – McKinsey.
    -55% of customers would pay extra to guarantee a better service – Defaqto research.
    I always intuitively suspected this in the far off days when I worked in sales/service and I CANNOT understand why companies don't prioritise service more highly.

Post Thanks / Like

retail theory is a very long stretch to sports. Professional sports are the only commodity in the world where you can passionately love or hate a product based solely on a jumper colour, very rarely it is related to service

In a town like melbourne - you either inherit your team, follow your mates or live in the area. Whether dormant or new supporters buy a membership is based on winning and location.

Yeh we’d have sold some memberships on the day, and yes this group is a far skew from the average fan (so service doesn’t affect us) but to truly move the needle we need to either advertise or win - Preferably both

9. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Axe Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    I always intuitively suspected this in the far off days when I worked in sales/service and I CANNOT understand why companies don't prioritise service more highly.
    They think it saves money and it probably does in the very short term. They can't see the forest for the trees though because if you followed that logic then closing the entire membership department down would be a huge saving. Imagine all the labor costs you would save?

Of course we wouldn't have any members but lets worry about that next year-I've just saved us a fortune.

Post Thanks / Like

Success usually = membership increases but is this always the case?
    The aim is as I said good and bad years = need to retain as many members as we can - big challenge
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Success usually = membership increases but is this always the case?
    The aim is as I said good and bad years = need to retain as many members as we can - big challenge
    North got a very minimal bump from their 96/98 flags. Or their 75/77 flags for that matter.

Post Thanks / Like

14. Thanks bornadog, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...e-west-in-2020

Belong to the West in 2020
    Join us on the journey and Belong to the West by becoming a Western Bulldogs member in 2020

There’s something uniquely special about being a Western Bulldogs supporter.

It’s a sense of belonging, of passion and commitment, of immense pride in who we are and what we stand for.

It’s Marcus Bontempelli streaming out of the centre, or Aaron Naughton clunking a huge grab in the goal square. It’s Brooke Lochland snapping a left foot goal. It’s a life’s course altered by the impact of the Sons or Daughters of the West programs.

It’s a feeling, innate and sometimes indescribable, that leaves us satisfied, but always wanting more.

01:00
    MINS
    Your Story. This Place.
    'Red, White and Blue. These aren't just words to us, they're a way of life.' Join us on the journey and Belong to the West by becoming a Western Bulldogs member in 2020.
    Published on 7 hrs

There’s a fire that burns in us, and it’s fuelled by the work we put in. Our intensity won’t waver. We won’t hold back.
    Everyone remembers the barnstorming finish to the 2019 season and the surge into the finals. But nobody has forgotten how it ended, either.

The summer has been one of optimism and renewed hope, of a promising future in a young, talented and loyal playing list, led by an inspiring and effervescent coach.

Since the journey to the promised land those years ago, a rejuvenation has taken place. The new wave of young guns is here, and they’re hungry to help carry us back up the mountain.

But our greatness doesn’t just come from the 22. It comes from the thousands, the ones whose journey has led them here.
    Ask any player, and they’ll tell how important it is - the unwavering passion of the Bulldog pack.

They can hear it over the fence at Marvel Stadium, at VU Whitten Oval in the icy cold breeze of a VFL season, and in the summer months when our women come out to play.

Now, we need your support more than ever. In 2020, we’re on a journey towards 50,000 members for the first time in our history.

We all have our own story, but no matter what side of the bridge you’re from, your story belongs here.

It doesn’t matter who you are, or what your background is. All are welcome at this club.

Join us on the journey and Belong to the West by becoming a Western Bulldogs member in 2020.

Visit our membership website to find out which package best suits you, or call 1300 GO DOGS (46 36 47).

16. Likes Bulldog Revolution, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Disappointing increase really given the 12 days since the last update and that their have been two AFW home games (albeit one badly rain affected) and a fine Marsh Marvel performance during this period.

18. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post

Disappointing increase really given the 12 days since the last update and that their have been two AFW home games (albeit one badly rain affected) and a fine Marsh Marvel performance during this period.
    It looks like it might be a struggle to get close to the 50K mark but a fast start in the home and away series might kick start it.
    14K is a lot of ground to make up.

I wonder what might be stopping some people from joining up early?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It is disappointing. Saints hit 40k prior to their 1st pre-season fixture.