Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Marcus Bontempelli eclipse Scott West’s Record if 7 B&Fs?

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You didn't rate Chris Grant.?
    Not enough people did.

Most underrated player to ever play the game. While people were completely fixated on Carey, Hird and Buckley, Chris Grant was doing things nobody of his size and positions could both sides of the body at pace, influencing games like a midfielder would.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Not enough people did.

Most underrated player to ever play the game. While people were completely fixated on Carey, Hird and Buckley, Chris Grant was doing things nobody of his size and positions could both sides of the body at pace, influencing games like a midfielder would.
    I can honestly (IMHO) say he is in the top three ever from the Dogs
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes chef, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is hard to compare them, as I didn't see EJ play, but for me the Bont only needs to maintain his current level for the remainder of his career to be the best since EJ. If he improves, which most of us would have faith he will, then it might be a discussion of 'best ever bulldog?'.

Post Thanks / Like

If he leads us to a couple of flags as captain then he's going to eclipse pretty much everyone the club has had through the doors.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

It's still Chris Grant for my money but gee whizz I love the Bont .
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Listening to his acceptance speech you have to pinch yourself to remember he is 23. What an outstanding human being.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You didn't rate Chris Grant.?
    Sure but KTs 78-80 seasons were the best I've ever seen live. BAD you remember those years every time the ball came in high to our forward line the crowd came alive like no other player I can remember except Ablett Snr. KT was god-like.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Sure but KTs 78-80 seasons were the best I've ever seen live. BAD you remember those years every time the ball came in high to our forward line the crowd came alive like no other player I can remember except Ablett Snr. KT was god-like.
    If KT was god like EJ was God. I know a lot on WOOF didn't get to see the great man but you don't get the moniker "Mr. Football" easily. I was lucky enough to see Ted and he was the best I've seen by a long way.

12. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    If KT was god like EJ was God. I know a lot on WOOF didn't get to see the great man but you don't get the moniker "Mr. Football" easily. I was lucky enough to see Ted and he was the best I've seen by a long way.
    The Best by a long way we have had some excellent players wish I had the pleasure your a very lucky man B4L
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

14. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Ranked in the top 5 to have ever played in most polls.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Not enough people did.

i could never understand why all we would here is how good Carey , Hird, Buckley and Jackovich where, when Grant would regularly beat them. He was an absolute gun at both ends. No one his size had such depth touch on both feet. He was a very skilful big man.

The Bont is something special though. Will win a Brownlow or two in our time. 23 years old doing what he does. One of the boys summed it up in a interview I can’t remember who said it. Think it was Daniel. That Bont has made this his team. I think it is time to do just that and make him the captain. Win win all round. The Bont elevates to another level we haven’t seen and Wood frees up to dominate the air once again. Boak is the perfect example of how being free from the captaincy has elevated his game back to where he belongs.

Post Thanks / Like

Ranked in the top 5 to have ever played in most polls.
    I can only go on the players I have seen play. No doubt there were champions before Ted too. But Ted was better than Matthews and Carey in my humble opinion. Probably a bit bias too to be honest. You can't help be. KT was a great player no doubt. Seen him kick a lot of his goals. Followed his career from the reserves when he was kicking bags.

Post Thanks / Like

Aaron Naughton did it for an hour against the Tigers and its the most fun I've had at the footy (finals excluded). I can only dream about what watching KT was like.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Aaron Naughton did it for an hour against the Tigers and its the most fun I've had at the footy (finals excluded). I can only dream about what watching KT was like.
    The day KT kicked 15.9, is one of the best days of my football life (outside finals), that is closely followed by the Naughton Show smashing Tigers by 47 points ( and don't tell me they were undermanned, as I checked they only had Riewoldt and Cotchin as significant outs). The Essendon drubbing also one of the best days ever.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.