Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Woofer Insight

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Belgrave/Lilydale train line

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: early 2000s

Where do you sit for Bulldog home games: Marvel Stadium Level 1, Aisle 34

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): I’ll go the Bont!

Favourite Footy Ground(s): MCG, Marvel Stadium (play our home games there) and Whitten Oval of course (been there a number of times now and plan on going there again for the family day)

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: 2016 after our GF win there - amazing being part of that 30K celebrating our flag

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - loved the win this year in R21 v Bombers also when we beat the Tigers in 2014 by 2 points in Round 3 at Marvel.

Favourite Bulldog final moments: The entire 2016 finals series

Current Bulldog players from your school: None

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: None

Most Hated Team(s) GWS massively nowadays, Tigers, Bombers

Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won:

Other Teams You Support: Man United (EPL), Australian National Football Team (Socceroos), Australian National Cricket Team
    Last edited by Eastdog; 25-01-2020 at 08:48 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Woofer Insight

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: It would take maybe two days so I won't take the train.
    When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: Late 60's
    Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): I'm a team player so as long as they wear the colours they're my favourite.
    Favourite Footy Ground(s): Whitten Oval, spent the whole day there watching three full games of football back in the day. Didn't mind Waverley.
    Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: 2016 final unless I was older then 54 might come into play but I wasn't even a twinkle in my fathers eye.
    Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - I wasn't there in person to see but round 21 1997 has an emotional spot
    Favourite Bulldog final moments: 2016 GF win and the 2016 PF win are my favourites (Ditto on that one Easty)
    Most Hated Team(s) GWS, Bombers and Collingwood
    Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: None
    Other Teams You Support: Toronto Maple Leafs but that was while ago.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ll bite Eastie

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Upfield or Crazyburn
    When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: arguably from birth, wavered for a time during school, jumped back on early 2000s
    Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): The Bont, closely followed by Bailey Smith
    Favourite Footy Ground(s): Don’t mind really
    Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: 2016 PF and had the privelige of attending in person, it was such a special night. The 2016 Grand Final not far behind. The 2012 Hall if Fame dinner also gets a mention - my father had been really unwell & hospitalized, but he rallied to make it in person & see my granddad inducted. My father then died 10 days later.
    Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - not strictly H&A, but the NAB cup win where Barry Hall kicked a bag was lots of fun
    Favourite Bulldog final moments: 2016 for a clean sweep
    Current Bulldog players from your school: None - an all girls school hasn’t turned out too many yet, hopefully that changes
    Most Hated Team(s) GWS
    Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: NA
    Other Teams You Support: I like to keep an eye on the Darebin Falcons
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Haven't caught public transport this decade
    When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: 95'
    Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Libba, Dale, Naughton, Bont
    Favourite Footy Ground(s): Marvel, it has a roof.
    Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: 2016 flag run
    Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter: Anytime we beat GWS
    Favourite Bulldog final moments: GWS Prelim 2016
    Most Hated Team(s) GWS, Richmond fans (Teams alright), Essendon
    Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won:
    Other Teams You Support: Soccoroo's, ManU, soft-spot for GSC
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

7. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: St Albans/Watergardens
    When you started supporting the Bulldogs: exactly (not approx) 9 months before 16 march 1964
    Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Rhylee West, The Bont, Bailey Dale, Bailey Smith
    Favourite Footy Ground(s): Whitten Oval, Yarraville Oval
    Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: 1985 v Essendon. Just after halftime Purser gets the tap to a flying Brian Royal who kicks it down Doug Hawkins's throat at CHF and then kept running for the handball receive. The Hawk handballs it back to Chocco who promptly goes BANG and kicks the goal. We beat a rampaging Essendon!
    Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter -us 33.15 213 v St Kilda 16.10 106 or round 19 2000 V Carlton at Optus Oval-Bob Murphy's debut and we knock over Carlton (who had won their last 14 games and were due to play an undefeated Essendon the next week, didn't we *!*!*!*! that little party up?) by less than a goal after a very dodgy umpiring decision
    Favourite Bulldog final moments: 2016 GF win and the 2016 PF win were great. Also the atmosphere leading up to the 1985 Qualifying Final v Hawthorn was brilliant. We hadn't played a final at the MCG since 1961. The crowd was going off it's head as the boys run onto the ground and the sense of excitement leading up to the game was palpable. Geez that feeling went downhill about 30 seconds into the game!
    Current Bulldog players from your school: Rohan Smith
    Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Ijlia Grgic, Ted Whitten sr. Quite a few kids who played a few games (Terry Love, Darren Murray and a couple of others)
    Most Hated Team(s) North, GWS, North, Tigers, Bombers, North, Geelong, North, Collingwood, West Coast, North, Adelaide, Freo, North, St Kilda, North, Carlton, North, Melbourne, North, North and, ummmm, North Melbourne. Did I mention the Cow *!*!*!*!ers? I really hate them.
    Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Kingsville/Yarraville-heaps.
    Other Teams You Support: Arsenal (EPL), Chicago Bears, Australian cricket team (the Baggy Greens) Australian National Football Team (Socceroos)
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

9. Likes N/A, HOSE B ROMERO, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice reading so far. I would say my best finals moments would be the entire 2016 finals series. All those games were great.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Ballarat

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: 1974

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Bont

Favourite Footy Ground(s): Whitten Oval

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: Too many to choose from.

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - the Kolynuik goal to beat the pies

Favourite Bulldog final moments: 2016 GF win and the 2016 PF win

Current Bulldog players from your school: I have no idea.

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Tottenham Nth Primary and Braybrook high in the 70s, way too many to mention here

Most Hated Team(s) GWS and the Bombers

Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Melton sth , I have no idea.

Other Teams You Support: Southampton, England in cricket and soccer but like to see Aussies do well in everything but the ashes
    Bring back the biff

12. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: N/A

When you started supporting the Bulldogs: when I was 11 (1983)

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): The Bont, Lin Jong, Dunkley

Favourite Footy Ground(s): MCG, Marvel

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter:

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter:

Favourite Bulldog final moments: 2016 GF win. I was watching the game in LA on holiday (booked 12 months in advance) at a GF party held by the LA dragons. Lots of aussies there and majority going for Dogs. Unbelievable night.
    Current Bulldog players from your school:

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school:

Most Hated Team(s) GWS..................then Carl, Rich, Coll.

Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won

Other Teams You Support: Dallas Stars (NHL), Oakland Raiders (NFL), Washington Wizards (NBA), Kansas City Royals (MLB) Pakistan Cricket Team.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sunshine Nth

Sunbury Line. Get on at Tootenham or Sunshine.

The Bont, Shache

VUWO, Gillon Rsv and The G

Dougie breaking the games record.

V EFC this year or 2001.

2016 Prelim. Also the 5 mins or so outside the G pre GF just absorbing the last few moments of a life defined by the Drought.

Dallas Patterson

GWS, EFC

No local footy club anymore. Geographic is Braybrook.

Boston Bruins, Melbourne Ice, Melbourne Aces.

15. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Favourite current players update: Bont, Macrae, Naughton, JJ and next year very likely Bruce.

Post Thanks / Like

She's a long time between drinks from now until our first pre-season injury, so why not ...

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Yeah nah, walking distance.

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: As a pup in the deep disconsolate depths of the early 80s

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Head says Jack Macrae, heart screams Libba, hopes pinned on Baz Smith.

Favourite Footy Ground(s): Whitten Oval & Willie Cricket Ground

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: That sweet, resounding final siren in the '16 prelim, as much for Libba's reaction than anything else.

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - Impossible to overlook this one, for the moment, and confirmation the tide was turning, fast.

Favourite Bulldog final moments: Wiping the stars from my eyes watching the Bont do as he freakin' pleased in the '16 2nd semi versus the reigning premiers. It began to feel real.

Current Bulldog players from your school: Zero

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Shagga Corcoran, Paul Satterley, Robert Bloom!

Most Hated Team(s) Esserdon, comfortably ahead of Melbourne, the Handbaggers and GWS.

Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Norf technically and stuff them.

Other Teams You Support: New Jersey Devils, and anyone who beats Esserdon.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

18. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve put an extra heading in “Where do you sit for Bulldog home games” you can add it in to your insight if you have already posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    She's a long time between drinks from now until our first pre-season injury, so why not ...

Your train line to the footy when you take the train: Yeah nah, walking distance.

When you started supporting the Bulldogs approx: As a pup in the deep disconsolate depths of the early 80s

Favourite Current Bulldog Player(s): Head says Jack Macrae, heart screams Libba, hopes pinned on Baz Smith.

Favourite Footy Ground(s): Whitten Oval & Willie Cricket Ground

Favourite WO moment in your time as a supporter: That sweet, resounding final siren in the '16 prelim, as much for Libba's reaction than anything else.

Favourite Bulldog H&A win in your time as a supporter - Impossible to overlook this one, for the moment, and confirmation the tide was turning, fast.

Favourite Bulldog final moments: Wiping the stars from my eyes watching the Bont do as he freakin' pleased in the '16 2nd semi versus the reigning premiers. It began to feel real.

Current Bulldog players from your school: Zero

Not current Bulldogs players that went to your school: Shagga Corcoran, Paul Satterley, Robert Bloom!

Most Hated Team(s) Esserdon, comfortably ahead of Melbourne, the Handbaggers and GWS.

Current Local Footy Club and how many flags they have won: Norf technically and stuff them.

Other Teams You Support: New Jersey Devils, and anyone who beats Esserdon.
    Shannon Corcoran? He’s from Adelaide , went to sacred heart

21. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Shannon Corcoran? He’s from Adelaide , went to sacred heart
    This is true, right before the club drafted him and duly plonked him in a school in the outer western burbs of Melbourne.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

23. Thanks Throughandthrough thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I can think
    A few current players who went to schools near mine: Hayden Crozier, Tom Boyd who has retired,
    Not Current: Kieran McGunniess