Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  121
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Keath

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alex Keath

Sam Landsberger at the hun:

Cricket legend Shane Warne says Western Bulldogs trade target Alex Keath is made of the right stuff

Shane Warne says defender Alex Keath’s resilience to fightback from the worst night of his sporting career shows the Western Bulldogs-bound defender is made of the right stuff.

Keath — who will miss a chunk of his first pre-season at Whitten Oval after leg surgery — played under Warne at Melbourne Stars in the early seasons of the Big Bash League.

But the all-rounder had a forgettable night when Shaun Marsh blasted 27 runs off one over that flipped a semi-final in 2012-13 against Perth Scorchers, which the Stars eventually lost on the final ball.

“Either me or him were going to bowl that one over, and I decided to back ‘Keathy’ in,” Warne told the Sunday Herald Sun.

“It was a wet ball and I was like, ‘I should bowl this over, we’ve got one to make up … nah I’ll give it to Keathy, this’ll be good for him’.

“I saw how distraught and how upset and how disappointed he was with how the over went. “So I was interested to see how he responded from it, because some people go either way.

“And to see him playing footy now, he’s a really determined fella and he really cares.

“Watching him after that over I wanted to put my arm around him and say, ‘It’s OK — it happens, it’s all right’.

“And I just think he’s got it. He’s a really smart person in a sporting sense, I think he cares, he’s passionate about it, he’s a hard trainer and he can read the play really well.

“He’s a good thinker, so I think he’s a very good sportsman. The Dogs will be very happy to have him.”

Keath was 20 when Marsh carted him for five consecutive boundaries and two years later he was on the Crows’ list as a Category B rookie.

But while Marsh got hold of the Shepparton talent, few AFL forwards have been able to.

Keath, 27, has since played 30 promising games as an intercepting star and is certain to be traded before Wednesday’s 7.30pm deadline.

While Adelaide wanted to involve pick No.13 in the Keath trade, the Dogs are determined to take their first-round pick to next month’s national draft.

Keath knocked back interest from St Kilda and Hawthorn to choose the Dogs in a big boost, given the departures of Marcus Adams (Lions) and Dale Morris (retired).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Sam Landsberger at the hun:

Cricket legend Shane Warne says Western Bulldogs trade target Alex Keath is made of the right stuff

Shane Warne says defender Alex Keath’s resilience to fightback from the worst night of his sporting career shows the Western Bulldogs-bound defender is made of the right stuff.

Keath — who will miss a chunk of his first pre-season at Whitten Oval after leg surgery — played under Warne at Melbourne Stars in the early seasons of the Big Bash League.
    Have we missed the trade paperwork go through??
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's time Alex do his part. Be the first caller to Justin Reid and quote the 'phrase that trades':

"Do the trade for bugger all now or in two hours I do an open press conference about every single *!*!*!*!ed up thing about the camp."

Hey presto, he's a Western Bulldogs player for a third rounder.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Dry Rot, ratsmac, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Justin Reid would be well advised to make this happen. If He doesn't he will get a bad rap from player managers and I don't think the new regime at the Crows would want players & their managers being reluctant to deal with them. Keath is out of contract after all.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Get Bruce done, then both remaining 3rd rounders for Keath.

Keeping pick 13 plus getting Bruce and Keath is cartwheels territory. Outstanding trade period.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Justin Reid would be well advised to make this happen. If He doesn't he will get a bad rap from player managers and I don't think the new regime at the Crows would want players & their managers being reluctant to deal with them. Keath is out of contract after all.
    They have paperwork on the table for him I thought - 3 years at $500k. That’s a fair reason to negotiate for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Get Bruce done, then both remaining 3rd rounders for Keath.

Keeping pick 13 plus getting Bruce and Keath is cartwheels territory. Outstanding trade period.
    Agreed, we were never going to be big players but that would be a great result
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Getting a bit worried this one doesn't get done.

Will save the 'what a waste of time' diatribe until we do miss out, but it will come if we do.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

12. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Getting a bit worried this one doesn't get done.

Will save the 'what a waste of time' diatribe until we do miss out, but it will come if we do.
    It may already be done. No trades can be submitted until 3pm at the earliest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    It may already be done. No trades can be submitted until 3pm at the earliest.
    True - though the signs aren't great (from AFL journos - so will bite my tongue for now)

Seems (again, according to said journos) that the Bruce deal is far more straight forward.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Gold Coast will strongly consider selecting out of contract Adelaide defender Alex Keath if he slips through to the pre-season draft.
    Foxfooty.com.au understands the Suns have discussed the possibility of luring the left-footer back to his first AFL club and are broadly in favour of the concept.

Rival clubs are aware of Gold Coast’s interest in the 27-year-old.

The pre-season draft, if it goes ahead, will be held on Friday November 29. It’s gone out of vogue in recent years with clubs using up their list spots via trades, rookie selections and the national draft.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...b96b674d5f48ed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Gold Coast will strongly consider selecting out of contract Adelaide defender Alex Keath if he slips through to the pre-season draft.
    Foxfooty.com.au understands the Suns have discussed the possibility of luring the left-footer back to his first AFL club and are broadly in favour of the concept.

Rival clubs are aware of Gold Coast’s interest in the 27-year-old.

The pre-season draft, if it goes ahead, will be held on Friday November 29. It’s gone out of vogue in recent years with clubs using up their list spots via trades, rookie selections and the national draft.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...b96b674d5f48ed
    This is actually fantastic for us. Adelaide can give him to us for a return or let him go to the PSD for nothing.

17. Likes azabob, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    This is actually fantastic for us. Adelaide can give him to us for a return or let him go to the PSD for nothing.
    And probably hugely piss off Alex and the rest of their already combustable playing group in the process.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    And probably hugely piss off Alex and the rest of their already combustable playing group in the process.
    Let’s call that a fringe benefit 😁

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I'd much rather us get him than have him walk. Consider upgrading future picks if need be.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers