Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  121
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Alex Keath

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alex Keath

Not sports related but when I was in grade 6 primary school this kid and I were have a little bit of a push and shove disagreement in the play ground and we got sprung by the PE teacher.
    He promptly grabbed both of us took us to an area away from the other kids and told us to sort it out.
    This other kid and I then sorted it out for the next 5 mins until the PE teacher called the blood rule.
    I can say that I never had another altercation for the rest of my school life and the kid I fought never had words again either.
    Times were different then.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest, 1eyedog, bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Not sports related but when I was in grade 6 primary school this kid and I were have a little bit of a push and shove disagreement in the play ground and we got sprung by the PE teacher.
    He promptly grabbed both of us took us to an area away from the other kids and told us to sort it out.
    This other kid and I then sorted it out for the next 5 mins until the PE teacher called the blood rule.
    I can say that I never had another altercation for the rest of my school life and the kid I fought never had words again either.
    My school PE teacher at Newtown Primary School in Geelong was ex-Geelong CHF Stephen Reynoldson. Renno was a great teacher and thought it was fantastic that I always wore my Footscray woollen jumper to school everyday. Every class photo from grade 3 to grade 6 had me with my long-sleeved retro dogs jumper on. The only kid at school who supported the Dogs and man were we pretty shit back then. I think I had his respect for that as he used to give me a fair bit of his time. He used to get his Geelong mates to come down to the school for PE sessions, Ray Card, Paul Jeffries and Michael and Nigel Kol came down together as well. It was ok because I got them all to sign my footy cards.

He let me and Jason Cordello go at it in the shelter shed after school one day and only stopped the slaughter when I managed to sit on Jason and started some ground and pound. I hated Geelong FC with a passion and my hatred is very deep seeded but I really liked Renno. He spent a lot of time with me helping me with my footy skills.

His lessons, including the shelter shed fiasco, were invaluable.

Speaking of hard nuts having at it somehow in the early 2000s a very skinny looking Mark Yeates somehow found his way into my mate's shed for beers and pool every weekend. I'm seriously 5cm taller and was at least 20kg heavier than him and he just looked so scrawny. Unbelievable what he did that day. He was a good guy as well but I never once talked about footy with him. I wish I had.

4. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, EasternWest, azabob, jeemak, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    ee gads....those were the golden days of eduction.

Lloordoo giving Keath kudos for an outstanding season. Poor Ross having problems remembering who Brisvegas are playing.
    I'd appreciate never hearing him say Danni-har again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    My school PE teacher at Newtown Primary School in Geelong was ex-Geelong CHF Stephen Reynoldson. Renno was a great teacher and thought it was fantastic that I always wore my Footscray woollen jumper to school everyday. Every class photo from grade 3 to grade 6 had me with my long-sleeved retro dogs jumper on. The only kid at school who supported the Dogs and man were we pretty shit back then. I think I had his respect for that as he used to give me a fair bit of his time. He used to get his Geelong mates to come down to the school for PE sessions, Ray Card, Paul Jeffries and Michael and Nigel Kol came down together as well. It was ok because I got them all to sign my footy cards.

He let me and Jason Cordello go at it in the shelter shed after school one day and only stopped the slaughter when I managed to sit on Jason and started some ground and pound. I hated Geelong FC with a passion and my hatred is very deep seeded but I really liked Renno. He spent a lot of time with me helping me with my footy skills.

Speaking of hard nuts having at it somehow in the early 2000s a very skinny looking Mark Yeates somehow found his way into my mate's shed for beers and pool every weekend. I'm seriously 5cm taller and was at least 20kg heavier than him and he just looked so scrawny. Unbelievable what he did that day. He was a good guy as well but I never once talked about footy with him. I wish I had.
    I bet Jason Cordello had it coming to him though.
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Likes 1eyedog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    That's completely nuts, but aligns with my story pretty well. The craziness of PE teachers of the 70s to 90s could be a thread of it's own and if we keep this up either Axe or BAD will tell us that it needs to be!

So anyway for context, when I said my PE teacher after kicking me, injuring me and being told he's a *!*!*!*!ing *!*!*!*! for it, got really weird and said to me that's the type of thing his daughter says to him when he hits her.

Everyone knew at the time his daughter was a little person.

He apparently went on to become a DVP/ VP and then a P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post

Love these stories.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like I missed out by not attending some sort of Dickensian school with sadistic PE teachers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I feel like I missed out by not attending some sort of Dickensian school with sadistic PE teachers.
    One of our early PE teachers was an ex Olympian ( Bill Earle) and he really pushed us to do athletics, which most kids hated and just wanted to play footy. He was your angry PE teacher and never ever smiled.

The girls had a stunning PE teacher that made us all drool in year 8.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember the girls challenged the boys to a soccer game. We were smashing them 9-0 and I was goalie - just a total impassable wall. I laughed at their puny attempts on goal.

Then Mr Waugh stepped up to the plate to even things up for the girls. I have clear memories of him blasting the ball and watching its trajectory thinking "that's going to hit me in the face".

I have less clear memories after that.

12. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I remember the girls challenged the boys to a soccer game. We were smashing them 9-0 and I was goalie - just a total impassable wall. I laughed at their puny attempts on goal.

Then Mr Waugh stepped up to the plate to even things up for the girls. I have clear memories of him blasting the ball and watching it's trajectory thinking "that's going to hit me in the face".

I have less clear memories after that.
    This might explain a lot...

14. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I bet Jason Cordello had it coming to him though.
    Bullied me for two years he's lucky Renno pulled me off him.

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Despite the facial trauma EW is still a fine looking man.

18. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Accurate.

Bullied me for two years he's lucky Renno pulled me off him.
    I've got such a justice boner right now.

Disturbingly accurate.

Hey you guys.

20. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stupid Sexy EW

22. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stupid Sexy EW
    I heard that is inaccurate and he gives Wood a run for his money

24. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I heard that is inaccurate and he gives Wood a run for his money
    Maye but that soccerball to the face, from close range, might add more credence to the photo of Chonk above.