Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  121
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Alex Keath

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alex Keath

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I'd much rather us get him than have him walk. Consider upgrading future picks if need be.
    Spot on Mofra. Let’s not try to be too clever. The easiest person to outsmart is often yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd much rather us get him than have him walk. Consider upgrading future picks if need be.
    I agree. I meant it in a way to say that not facilitating the trade is probably the stupidest move the Crows can make right now.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    This is actually fantastic for us. Adelaide can give him to us for a return or let him go to the PSD for nothing.
    Disagree, we convince a player to pick us and then we don't manage to get him to the club.
    Not good from any point of view.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Getting a bit worried this one doesn't get done.

Will save the 'what a waste of time' diatribe until we do miss out, but it will come if we do.
    Confident it will go OK.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Disagree, we convince a player to pick us and then we don't manage to get him to the club.
    Not good from any point of view.
    There are two sides to every transaction. It isn’t the responsibility of the dogs to get the deal done - it’s the responsibility of both parties.

This trade period more than any other I can remember has demonstrated universal stubbornness around player value from the seller. Given his circumstances, we’ve placed a value on him and now the crows have a choice to make - something or nothing.

As for Keath himself - it isn’t his first choice, but I imagine he is relieved he has a fallback plan of playing for the suns. He’ll be pissed he didn’t nominate the saints and likely can fall back on the crows worst case.

Post Thanks / Like

Dodoro Jr saying they're holding a line, and they'll bring him back into the club. Then asked if he's happy for Keath, who is uncontracted, to walk out for nothing didn't say he was. Just there's 3 hours to go.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Justin Reid says strategy wise, they are going to the draft. So I guess they want plenty of picks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Dodoro Jr saying they're holding a line, and they'll bring him back into the club. Then asked if he's happy for Keath, who is uncontracted, to walk out for nothing didn't say he was. Just there's 3 hours to go.
    Wouldn't be surprised if Keath deal done in last 5 minutes after we see off their bluff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if Keath deal done in last 5 minutes after we see off their bluff.
    I'm not sure they are bluffing given they will probably only have 6 list spots and have 5 picks from other players and trades.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure they are bluffing given they will probably only have 6 list spots and have 5 picks from other players and trades.
    Time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

I swear if the first player to nominate us with other options on the table maybe ever doesn’t actually come across I’ll throw bricks.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes The Pie Man, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BlackSoul paying out on Dodoro Jr for the way he's handing the Keath negotiations.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Some talk that Gold Coast will re-draft Martin through the PSD, meaning Keath probably gets through to us...if it gets that far.

Post Thanks / Like

Power needs to hold. If he bends over now he will bend over every other trade period from then on...LADS it's Adelaide

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funke disco View Post
    Power needs to hold. If he bends over now he will bend over every other trade period from then on...LADS it's Adelaide
    Double-edge sword isn't it? If we hold, the danger is that players will hesitate to nominate us in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I swear if the first player to nominate us with other options on the table maybe ever doesn’t actually come across I’ll throw bricks.
    I am more for ... working to advance the guys who were nominating us. We are not Essendon!
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela