Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  27
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: West Coast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: West Coast

The Harley Reid stuff is over the top, has Jack Watts vibes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    If you’re in WA it would be huge .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    If you’re in WA it would be huge .
    Well...if you get all your footy info from WOOF like me (and themongrelpunt) it actually isn't too bad.

I watched the practice game on the weekend and given some of the lack of effort by the Eagles players my thoughts were that they need to make a coaching change. I pretty much never ever say that but I just can't see the point of Simpson continuing.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

4. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    How many seasons before he comes back to Vic?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well...if you get all your footy info from WOOF like me (and themongrelpunt) it actually isn't too bad.

I watched the practice game on the weekend and given some of the lack of effort by the Eagles players my thoughts were that they need to make a coaching change. I pretty much never ever say that but I just can't see the point of Simpson continuing.
    Yeah I agree , didn’t see much urgency at all.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

The only problem for Eagles is that his salary would have to come out of the footy department spend and that would inhibit them in a big way going forward.
    I think they would make the change if they could because it's not really a money consideration for the club as they are one of the richest of clubs in the competition and they could afford it but because the money has to come out of the footy depart they need to lose a lot of staff.
    Are they any names being mentioned in the west as a possible replacement for Simpson?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The only problem for Eagles is that his salary would have to come out of the footy department spend and that would inhibit them in a big way going forward.
    I think they would make the change if they could because it's not really a money consideration for the club as they are one of the richest of clubs in the competition and they could afford it but because the money has to come out of the footy depart they need to lose a lot of staff.
    Are they any names being mentioned in the west as a possible replacement for Simpson?
    He's out of contract end of next year. The Eagles could easily pay the luxury tax for going over their soft cap if they wanted. Estimates last year is it would've cost them $7mil to sack him. That goes down as each month passes.

Dean Cox is the presumptive heir I believe.

9. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Peter Sumich now. He is right and stands by it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Had a chuckle about it.

Honestly, it goes both ways. The media shouldn’t be building him up as frequently as it seems they are. Sumich probably shouldn’t go too hard at a kid who hasn’t played a game yet (not sure he was going too hard mind you). Great to not be the #1 pick in some ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Had a chuckle about it.

Honestly, it goes both ways. The media shouldn’t be building him up as frequently as it seems they are. Sumich probably shouldn’t go too hard at a kid who hasn’t played a game yet (not sure he was going too hard mind you). Great to not be the #1 pick in some ways.
    Remember The bulldogs copped it for not playing JUH, the media chose to leave out the facts that he couldn’t play
    VFL due to covid shutting the comp down so he wasn’t playing at all.
    The fact he was picked up by side that was playing finals and not a bottom side.
    He was a tall skinny forward who needed to put on some weight.
    Then two years later they are congratulating Bevo for not playing him early.
    Your right the last thing you want as an 18 year old is being pick 1.
    Bring back the biff

13. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post