Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: West Coast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: West Coast

I guess their board has to ‘do something’. This is getting really serious.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Swans have now kicked over 200 points.
    I am not looking forward to playing them on August 20
    "It's over. It's all over."

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Took the words right outta my mouth.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The strongest club in the AFL in terms of financials etc is really struggling to put a competitive team on the park.

Hard to know if they should just stick with it until the end of the season or make a coaching change but it's probably not going to make much difference.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Same, and that's legit my birthday just to rub some salt to the wound
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

7. Likes bulldogtragic, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Took the words right outta my mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Same, and that's legit my birthday just to rub some salt to the wound
    Now I can't tell if you guys have missed the joke or are in on the joke or if it's just not a good joke.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The strongest club in the AFL in terms of financials etc is really struggling to put a competitive team on the park.

Hard to know if they should just stick with it until the end of the season or make a coaching change but it's probably not going to make much difference.
    Fold em up and send them to Tassie.

Post Thanks / Like

Now I can't tell if you guys have missed the joke or are in on the joke or if it's just not a good joke.
    You know where you do that thing where you think you're almost finished an assignment and going to bed at a reasonable hour and then all of a sudden Powerpoint f**ks you over and you spend an ungodly amount of hours trying to fix the problem you never knew you had and then get to bed in the AMs and then a 7 year old lands on you before 6am and your ability to comprehend information the next day is somewhat impaired? Currently suffering from that. [slaps forehead]
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

10. Likes EasternWest, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don?t understand them going all in on Naughton. Seems the exact opposite move they need right now. I like the hypothetical scenarios that throws up for discussion, but they need to rebuild and going after expensive contracted high value trades seems not something I?d like as a supporter of theirs. Especially the loose rumours of Pick 1 somehow involved. Surely it?s all baseless rumour as surely they just need to slowly rebuild.
    Shhhhhhh
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    You know where you do that thing where you think you're almost finished an assignment and going to bed at a reasonable hour and then all of a sudden Powerpoint f**ks you over and you spend an ungodly amount of hours trying to fix the problem you never knew you had and then get to bed in the AMs and then a 7 year old lands on you before 6am and your ability to comprehend information the next day is somewhat impaired? Currently suffering from that. [slaps forehead]
    Ha ha. I love how you didn't tell me which one it was and now I'll be awake all night thinking about it and the longer I do the shittier the joke will seem in my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

The big mark against them is that their 'best' mids played yesterday.
    Yeo, Shouey, Kelly & Duggan were all part of that team yesterday. Kelly is absolutely trying his heart out.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    The big mark against them is that their 'best' mids played yesterday.
    Yeo, Shouey, Kelly & Duggan were all part of that team yesterday. Kelly is absolutely trying his heart out.
    And Gaff. What a bust that contract has been.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Adam has full backing of the board

Chair's message from Paul FitzpatrickBy Paul Fitzpatrick - 4 hrs ago

Yesterday?s defeat at the Sydney Cricket Ground was one of the darkest days in the history of the football club.

Losing in the way that we did to Sydney was unacceptable. The 171-point margin aside, what we produced on the field was not representative of what the West Coast Eagles has stood ? and still stands ? for.

We know our members and fans are hurting and so is everyone inside the football club. We all take a degree of responsibility for where we sit currently and equally we are all committed to fighting our way through this situation.

It is important to get games into young players and fast track their development. We had nine players under the age of 21 take the field against the Swans and we expect them to be very good AFL players.

But we need our senior players to set a better example for them. With a couple of exceptions many of the experienced players were well down yesterday.

Obviously Adam Simpson and his coaching staff have been limited with what they can do with such a long injury list, but regardless we cannot tolerate performances of that nature and we expect a strong response against St Kilda next Sunday.

We do have faith that Adam can take this team forward and we also believe in the path we need to take to fight our way back.

It will take time because the long-term strategy revolves around bringing in more high-end young talent through the draft to lay solid foundations for the next era.

In closing, we do hear you and we urge you to stick with us through this. We need you more than ever. It will turn because everyone at the club is prepared to roll up their sleeves and get it done.

We can do it together.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Et tu brute

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reckon Adam feels better or worse for that public statement?

Post Thanks / Like

Reckon Adam feels better or worse for that public statement?
    How long before he is gone
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.