Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
Josh Bruce - Go find another club, like now.
Paddy McCartin - For your own good, you're delisted.
Max King - I know you haven't played a single game, I know you've done an ACL, but no pressure you're the one.
Josh Battle - 11 goals in three years as mainly a defender, but no pressure but you are also the one as a KPF.
Paddy Ryder - We expect you to kick a goal this season for every birthday you've had. 43.
Tim Membrey - It's all on you.

Really? They knew McCartin was going, they knew Battle has limited games and more limited goals, they knew King has yet to debut, they know Ryder isn't what he used to be. And the priority was moving out Bruce so they could bring in Zac Jones?

Don't get me me wrong I'm very happy for us, but if I was a St Kilda member I'd be wondering what the hell is going on here. Leaving aside 12 outgoing players.
Sometimes a crisis creates opportunities
12 months earlier we backed Tom Boyd to play two key roles for us in 2019 (key forward and 2nd ruckman) knowing full well of his mental health challenges and the fact that his 2018 season was curtailed by a back injury and that didn't eventuate. We were lucky we sent a 19yo forward at late notice in a JLT game even though he worked with the defenders all summer and it ended up working out exceptionally well for us.
My biggest bugbear is that many clubs just don't plan for injuries or the loss of players even when they are clearly struggling.

The Saints at least now have some time to review their list