Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  69
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: St Kilda

Post Thanks / Like

St Kilda

Apparently 5 players have nominated the Saints as their preferred destination

Howard joins Butler, Jones, Hill and Ryder have nominated the Saints as their preferred destination

Since when are the Saints a destination club?

I'm honestly surprised that Howard would pick them over North unless there is something else happening behind the scenes
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Apparently 5 players have nominated the Saints as their preferred destination

Howard joins Butler, Jones, Hill and Ryder have nominated the Saints as their preferred destination

Since when are the Saints a destination club?

I'm honestly surprised that Howard would pick them over North unless there is something else happening behind the scenes
    Bruce might want to stay now

Post Thanks / Like

Haha. They're throwing the money around that's for sure. They got no marquee talent to pay and are likely paying overs for who they are bringing in. Our list is so far ahead of theirs it's not funny. Actually yes their list is pretty funny.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Bruce might want to stay now
    No money left to pay him is the take away for me. Good for them though.

I suspect Bruce, Acres, Newnes & McKenzie are in the outs column though. Possibly future picks too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Haha. They're throwing the money around that's for sure. They got no marquee talent to pay and are likely paying overs for who they are bringing in. Our list is so far ahead of theirs it's not funny. Actually yes their list is pretty funny.
    buuuuuut - they beat us. in the second half of the year when we had the flow
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

If I was a Saint supporter, I'm not stoked. I don't think the list they have is good enough without going to the draft and they're going to lose one, if not two first rounders bringing these guys in.

Surely they're paying well over the odds in terms of wage too.

8. Likes 1eyedog, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Howard is a great get for them - changes their off season in my eyes

Butler is fringe - Zak Jones solid and hopefully for them Brad Hill elite

Post Thanks / Like

Saints have never been any good at the trade table. Either get embarrassingly rolled or offer ridiculous overs for players to get them in. Offering plum draft picks for Hickey and Longer to play the same position in consecutive years is a particularly funny highlight.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Paddy Ryder, despite nominating St Kilda, spotted down at Carlton land today getting the tour.

At minimum it's interesting he's nominated St Kilda but still checking out other clubs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Saints give picks 6 and 59 to GWS and get picks 12 and 18 in return
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Saints give picks 6 and 59 to GWS and get picks 12 and 18 in return
    Makes Hill even harder to get now.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-...-the-hill-deal

ST KILDA and Fremantle are at a stalemate on Brad Hill, with the Dockers asking for the Saints' 2020 first-round selection to be part of the deal – on top of this year's pick six.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    What Fremantle are asking to receive in exchange for Hill is madness. He's a good outside player but he's no Tim Kelly.

Pick 6 by itself would almost be overs, considering the kind of quality you can get at pick 6 in recent times includes Stephenson, Wingard or Macrae - and for a whole career, not just five years.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

It's hilarious that the Saints probably shot themselves in the foot by trading away pick 6. Should've just stood firm about offering pick 6 and Freo would have probably ended up taking it. Instead Freo are going to be even more likely to turn it down because pick 18 will get eaten up by their NGA kid.

They got too clever and it's probably gonna bite them on the arse.

17. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    What Fremantle are asking to receive in exchange for Hill is madness. He's a good outside player but he's no Tim Kelly.

Pick 6 by itself would almost be overs, considering the kind of quality you can get at pick 6 in recent times includes Stephenson, Wingard or Macrae - and for a whole career, not just five years.
    Mate, absolutely!

I just don't see how Hill is worth what Fremantle is asking for him, like you I don't see him being worth pick six.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

19. Thanks whythelongface thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    It's hilarious that the Saints probably shot themselves in the foot by trading away pick 6. Should've just stood firm about offering pick 6 and Freo would have probably ended up taking it. Instead Freo are going to be even more likely to turn it down because pick 18 will get eaten up by their NGA kid.

They got too clever and it's probably gonna bite them on the arse.
    I actually sympathise with them in this instance - they do have 5 players who have nominated to come to St Kilda, and pick 6 and some late picks weren't going to cut the mustard. Splitting pick 6 at least gives them more currency to get a number of these other deals done. It's not just about Hill.

Also it means they now will probably have to tap into next years first pick which hinders their currency for Ben King.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

21. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post