Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  69
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: St Kilda

Post Thanks / Like

Re: St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They said they would swing the axe, but 3 out due to injury and dropped 2
    They swung the axe, but there was nothing but dead wood left!

Their list is totally stuffed, they cannot even drop Hill. Geeze, Freeman might have been a handy pickup.

Post Thanks / Like

Ratten came out today and essentially said they don't have enough depth to drop anyone!

Thought he was going to say it was because of COVID seeing as though no VFL means the dropped players couldn't play this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Ratten came out today and essentially said they don't have enough depth to drop anyone!

Thought he was going to say it was because of COVID seeing as though no VFL means the dropped players couldn't play this weekend.
    What they have to tell themselves to sleep at night. They don’t want the headlines of dropping Hill which they should’ve done. I mean, we dropped Tom Boyd in 2016 and he came back a different player late in the season to the GF. We did a similar thing with Stringer too. No one should be safe from pathetic performance no matter their surname or salary. I guess that’s why we are at where we are at and they’re a dumpster fire.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember those crazy rumours about us chasing Jack Lonie. If they were true thank god we woke up. Averaging over 8 games just 12 disposals, two tackles and a grand total 4 goals, 4 behinds. His four goals came in two games, so 6 games he’s gone goalless. As an experienced forward.

He’s every chance to be delisted. And I’m even more wrapt he’s not clogging up our list.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Remember those crazy rumours about us chasing Jack Lonie. If they were true thank god we woke up. Averaging over 8 games just 12 disposals, two tackles and a grand total 4 goals, 4 behinds. His four goals came in two games, so 6 games he’s gone goalless. As an experienced forward.

He’s every chance to be delisted. And I’m even more wrapt he’s not clogging up our list.
    Also a very good reason to not be too concerned with other clubs cast offs

How many were bemoaning us missing Dan Butler. He should have been dropped ahead of Bytel at least.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

I was into it but had doubts over his quickness, which has become all the more important for players in his spot. He’s fallen way behind and seems destined to kick 200 goals in the VAFA next year.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I was into it but had doubts over his quickness, which has become all the more important for players in his spot. He’s fallen way behind and seems destined to kick 200 goals in the VAFA next year.
    What leads to players such as Butler, Lloyd, Gowers etc??

Fringe player at a club after having done some random good things for them. Gets traded to another club and in the first year absolutely kills it to win the goal kicking. Then after that they plummet back to their typical lows and soon enough delisted from recognition. I find it strange how they can play good enough to lead a club in goal kicking for a year and then basically vanish after that.

Post Thanks / Like

What they have to tell themselves to sleep at night. They don’t want the headlines of dropping Hill which they should’ve done. I mean, we dropped Tom Boyd in 2016 and he came back a different player late in the season to the GF. We did a similar thing with Stringer too. No one should be safe from pathetic performance no matter their surname or salary. I guess that’s why we are at where we are at and they’re a dumpster fire.
    I was wrong on Hill. His 6 disposals in 103 minutes of time on field was clearly the difference in beating North by 20 points.

10. Likes DOG GOD, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wrong on Hill. His 6 disposals in 103 minutes of time on field was clearly the difference in beating North by 20 points.
    I never thought Ratten to be a weak coach, but it seems he is. Hill should’ve been made an example of 4 weeks ago, and where to now for the match committee. A saints friend of mine said Hill should be dropped but they only had 28 players to choose from against NM. I replied “yeah but some young kid playing his first game would’ve got more than 6 disposals against NM”. Ratten needs to pull some heads in...very very quickly.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

There are some things to learn from both the Saints this year and us last season.

The Saints haven't been able to get the two ruckman that served them well last season on the park on a regular basis and we have looked a lot better since embracing having two ruckman in the line-up.

We stuck with the out of form Bruce last year and the Saints are doing the same this year with Hill. I think it sends a bad message across the playing group when players are selected regardless of form.

When we played poorly last year we coughed up some big losses and the Saints are doing the same this year.

After winning a final last year and having an impressive season the Saints thought it was just a case of topping up for 2021 and in comparison we added the experience of Martin, Treloar, Hannan and of course the number one draft pick.
    Who knows what our approach to managing the list will be at the end of this season but there could be some lessons to learn from the way the Saints went about it.

For me, I think it just goes to show how quickly form and therefore the perception of how strong your list is can change at a club.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

13. Likes DOG GOD, macca, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There are some things to learn from both the Saints this year and us last season.

The Saints haven't been able to get the two ruckman that served them well last season on the park on a regular basis and we have looked a lot better since embracing having two ruckman in the line-up.

We stuck with the out of form Bruce last year and the Saints are doing the same this year with Hill. I think it sends a bad message across the playing group when players are selected regardless of form.

When we played poorly last year we coughed up some big losses and the Saints are doing the same this year.

After winning a final last year and having an impressive season the Saints thought it was just a case of topping up for 2021 and in comparison we added the experience of Martin, Treloar, Hannan and of course the number one draft pick.
    Who knows what our approach to managing the list will be at the end of this season but there could be some lessons to learn from the way the Saints went about it.

For me, I think it just goes to show how quickly form and therefore the perception of how strong your list is can change at a club.
    And it would be the confidence Marshall/Ryder would’ve brought to the group. At one stage both weren’t playing and the team looked VFL standard. Hill, butler, coffield and a few others, look shadows of their former selves. With no defensive pressure Howard looks like a deer in headlights after looking so strong last year. The new additions of Higgins and Crouch haven’t set the world on fire. My saints mate reckons they are in for some serious pain if they can’t get Marshall back to 100% fitness.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton legend Stephen Silvagni has been announced as St Kilda's new list manager.

Good luck with that one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton legend Stephen Silvagni has been announced as St Kilda's new list manager.

Good luck with that one.
    He's a good list manager.

Did I hear Gubby Allan is also heading their way?

They've done very well with their additions to the club.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with that one.
    GWS fringe players have entered the chat.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with that one.
    So all the A listers get poached by Richmond and the failed 1st rounders go to St Kilda instead of Carlton. Got it.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

19. Likes Grantysghost, jeemak liked this post