Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  82
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Carlton

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton

Assuming Carlton land Betts, Martin and Papely how much stronger will that make them?

We know first hand how their tall forwards can perform and I guess if you throw in a mixture of quality small forward it should make them a high scoring team

How do you rate their chances in 2020?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carlton

Not as Good as ours��
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d call them top 8 potential for certain. On paper they have an outstanding list with quality players right across the ground.

They seem to get in their own way more than anything, and clearly do not have a winning culture anymore.

If I was a blues diehard, I’d be wanting 10-12 wins next year.

4. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I’d call them top 8 potential for certain. On paper they have an outstanding list with quality players right across the ground.

They seem to get in their own way more than anything, and clearly do not have a winning culture anymore.

If I was a blues diehard, I’d be wanting 10-12 wins next year.
    Totally agree with this. The first four or five games is critical, they absolutely must get some wins on the board. If they can do that, they could have a year like us in 2015.

Post Thanks / Like

My wish is they reach bottom 4
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Assuming Carlton land Betts, Martin and Papely how much stronger will that make them?

We know first hand how their tall forwards can perform and I guess if you throw in a mixture of quality small forward it should make them a high scoring team

How do you rate their chances in 2020?
    Betts could be passed it , other two great gets but it’s all about team gel and I am not sure they have the right culture/management to bring that.
    They still have arrogance at the top.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton potentially have a very potent forward line and a strong midfield which in the second half of the year didn’t rely solely on Cripps. They are very light on for a dominant ruckman with kruzer getting on in age and increasingly unlikely to stay on the park.
    The other unknown is what style of game plan will Teague look to implement.
    The big question for mine is can they continue to improve their defence which clearly is their biggest weakness. If they can they should win 10-12 games.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Carlton potentially have a very potent forward line and a strong midfield which in the second half of the year didn’t rely solely on Cripps. They are very light on for a dominant ruckman with kruzer getting on in age and increasingly unlikely to stay on the park.
    The other unknown is what style of game plan will Teague look to implement.
    The big question for mine is can they continue to improve their defence which clearly is their biggest weakness. If they can they should win 10-12 games.
    Their backline isn't bad either with Jones, Weitering, Marchabank, Plowman, Newman, Simpson and the returning Docherty plus Casboult can play a few positions for them. I agree they need to find another ruckman but it's going to be a significantly better balanced side in 2020

Post Thanks / Like

What's their midfield like if Cripper gets a 12 week injury?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Their backline isn't bad either with Jones, Weitering, Marchabank, Plowman, Newman, Simpson and the returning Docherty plus Casboult can play a few positions for them. I agree they need to find another ruckman but it's going to be a significantly better balanced side in 2020
    There's a lot of height but not a lot of class ball users in that back half though. Put a bit of pressure on them and they will wilt.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    What's their midfield like if Cripper gets a 12 week injury?
    Not great, Dow, Murphy, O'Brien, Petrevski-Seaton, Kennedy, Stocker, Walsh, Cunningham and Setterfield

Cripps is certainly the key to their midfield, we must tag him when we play them

Post Thanks / Like

Not great, Dow, Murphy, O'Brien, Petrevski-Seaton, Kennedy, Stocker, Walsh, Cunningham and Setterfield

Cripps is certainly the key to their midfield, we must tag him when we play them
    I love you eternal hope we will tag and nullify the best opposition player to try to help win games of footy. I've given up hope, but serious respect for believing we'd do this. I hope it comes true.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I love you eternal hope we will tag and nullify the best opposition player to try to help win games of footy. I've given up hope, but serious respect for believing we'd do this. I hope it comes true.
    We did in the 2nd game we played them and his impact was reduced
    Part of my interest in Bonar is the hope he could bring a defensive work ethic and approach for us

Post Thanks / Like

It’s more likely Bevo plays a second ruckman than tags anyone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    It’s more likely Bevo plays a second ruckman than tags anyone
    I think he might have changed his approach just a fraction.