Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  82
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Carlton

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    John Elliott has died aged 79.
    So he wasn’t a fan of the Voss appointment?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    John Elliott has died aged 79.
    Tragic man, tragic history
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes ratsmac, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He'd had it up to here with our tragic history

Post Thanks / Like

He couldn't bare watch our so called tragic club win another flag in 5 years so he tapped out. What a tragic man.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

7. Likes bornadog, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard some very fawning interviews and media discussion re uis passing this morning. Just to balance the ledger:

https://www.crikey.com.au/2021/09/24...rce=newsletter
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

9. Thanks The Underdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I heard some very fawning interviews and media discussion re uis passing this morning. Just to balance the ledger:

https://www.crikey.com.au/2021/09/24...rce=newsletter
    An arrogant, racist, sexist buffoon who should have been jailed (like more than one Carlton president).
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Cerra has nominated Carlton as his preference and the Blues are confident they will add Hewett as well.
    An offer of a 4 x 450k deal for Hewett might be sufficient.

Voss is getting off to a fast start if they land Cerra and Hewett to Walsh, Cripps, Martin and Newnes. I'm not sure that that means for Dow, Setterfield, Curnow and Stocker.

They'll just about have to Sam Petrevski-Seton go to free up some room.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    An arrogant, racist, sexist buffoon who should have been jailed (like more than one Carlton president).
    TBT Beast Mode enabled.

Thoroughly agree, legendary summary of a complete piece of shit.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    TBT Beast Mode enabled.

Thoroughly agree, legendary summary of a complete piece of shit.
    I concur

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago I was playing cricket at a ground near the Shrine (beautiful ground, has a bluestone wall half covering it at the back. Aesthetically one of the most pleasing grounds I have ever played at) Anyway it was stinking hot so one of the other guys who was already out and me went to 7-11 to grab slurpees. As we approached a group of people sitting outside a cafe I recognised John Elliott's voice and realised that it was him and Derryn Hinch sitting there with a carafe of wine between them.

This is when the guy I was with went absolutely off-tap screaming abuse and as he ran towards them I realise for the first time that he had bought his bat along with him and was swinging it above his head while yelling "Elliot you *!*!*!*!ing *!*!*!*!, I've been waiting years for this day. You're about to cop yours you prick"

Luckily I managed to bring him down from behind and get the bat away from him before he did any physical damage! Elliott and Hinch were just sitting there with their jaws on the ground.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

15. Likes jeemak, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Years ago I was playing cricket at a ground near the Shrine (beautiful ground, has a bluestone wall half covering it at the back. Aesthetically one of the most pleasing grounds I have ever played at) Anyway it was stinking hot so one of the other guys who was already out and me went to 7-11 to grab slurpees. As we approached a group of people sitting outside a cafe I recognised John Elliott's voice and realised that it was him and Derryn Hinch sitting there with a carafe of wine between them.

This is when the guy I was with went absolutely off-tap screaming abuse and as he ran towards them I realise for the first time that he had bought his bat along with him and was swinging it above his head while yelling "Elliot you *!*!*!*!ing *!*!*!*!, I've been waiting years for this day. You're about to cop yours you prick"

Luckily I managed to bring him down from behind and get the bat away from him before he did any physical damage! Elliott and Hinch were just sitting there with their jaws on the ground.
    Should have just let him go.

I kid, but only a little. Two worse humans I struggle to think of.
    "It's over. It's all over."

17. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Should have just let him go.

I kid, but only a little. Two worse humans I struggle to think of.
    The thing that raised my eyebrows was Hinch who had just had a liver transplant was not only drinking red wine but was in a about with a well known drunkard like Elliott.

I would have let him go but we needed him to keep when we were all out. I don't know if the other mob would have let us field a 12th man because one of our guys got locked up for beating someone to death. Sometimes it pays to be pragmatic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The thing that raised my eyebrows was Hinch who had just had a liver transplant was not only drinking red wine but was in a about with a well known drunkard like Elliott.

I would have let him go but we needed him to keep when we were all out. I don't know if the other mob would have let us field a 12th man because one of our guys got locked up for beating someone to death. Sometimes it pays to be pragmatic.
    Hinch is a hypocrite, fraud, charlatan and liar. After being sacked from every job he's every had and lost every intimate relationship he's ever been involved in, he still thinks everyone else in the room is the idiot.

He's never got off the wine either. He's a joke.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Hinch is a hypocrite, fraud, charlatan and liar. After being sacked from every job he's every had and lost every intimate relationship he's ever been involved in, he still thinks everyone else in the room is the idiot.

He's never got off the wine either. He's a joke.
    I know someone who used his resources to get elected to the Victorian upper house as a Justice Party candidate and then promptly quit his party to sit as an independent!

I have never agreed with her politics but I've always voted for her at local council elections because she does what she says she will do and she will listen to other people's ideas. Dicking Hinch around was just gravy as far as I'm concerned.

Oh and she's a huge bulldog supporter!

Post Thanks / Like

And now they poached Hansen.
    Still throwing dirty money around.