Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    First Clarkson says no.
    Then Lyon says no.
    Then they sack their ceo, who is on the coach selection panel
    Then Clarkson says no again and tells the footy world it on 360
    All the assistant coaches have left

They have a shitload of work to do putting an entire coaching staff together for preseason which isn’t far off for them. They don’t even have a playing style, systems or game plan as a result. The list manager is going to be doing their own thing without coach input at this stage. This is amateur stuff.
    The speculation is that Voss is now the likely front runner to the coaching job.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Clarkson is completely disheveled and cooked. His bags under his eyes tell the story, I've not seen anything like it. He actually needs tissue to be taken from his arse and put on his face.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes bornadog, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Clarkson is completely disheveled and cooked. His bags under his eyes tell the story, I've not seen anything like it. He actually needs tissue to be taken from his arse and put on his face.

your best work is done in the middle of the night
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's about to get paid $900k+ to sit on his arse next year.

Yeah, I'd take that over being the coach of a rabble thanks.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

7. Likes jeemak, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He's about to get paid $900k+ to sit on his arse next year.

Yeah, I'd take that over being the coach of a rabble thanks.
    Carlton could have kept Teague for one year more and likely lured Clarko at the end of 2022 without all this BS they've tipped on themselves.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Carlton could have kept Teague for one year more and likely lured Clarko at the end of 2022 without all this BS they've tipped on themselves.
    Let them have Voss who is not rated.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The speculation is that Voss is now the likely front runner to the coaching job.
    It's not exactly the biggest vote of confidence for an incoming coach, is it?

"We couldn't get Al Clarkson or Ross Lyon but you were our next choice".

11. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post

The Ross Lyon one probably doesn't come into the equation. The boss was trying to short circuit the process.
    Clarkson would beat a lot of other candidates just on his name alone. Bevo would play him on a break now.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    First Clarkson says no.
    Then Lyon says no.
    Then they sack their ceo, who is on the coach selection panel
    Then Clarkson says no again and tells the footy world it on 360
    All the assistant coaches have left

They have a shitload of work to do putting an entire coaching staff together for preseason which isn’t far off for them. They don’t even have a playing style, systems or game plan as a result. The list manager is going to be doing their own thing without coach input at this stage. This is amateur stuff.
    In a hypothetical world called the AEFL, here is what actually happened

Naysayers : ACalrko come coach us, your best in the biz, we will pay you 1 billion in AEFL tokens a year for 5 years
    AClarko: I heard that’s what you told that young fella, Bolta, he lasted 24 months
    Naysayers: he wasn’t winning us games, I was telling him, he had to win games
    AClarkko: you need a defensive game and some foundations in your squad first.
    Naysayers: we haven’t got time for that. InTreague offered he could win us games , so we got rid of Bolta. Couldn’t stand the guy, he was always into processes and the systems. I want downhill skiing type of footy.
    AClarko: thanks but no thanks. ( hangs up the phone)

Naysayers calls Bross Lion: hey Bross, you want to coach? Job is yours mate.
    BROSS the boss: funny you mention that. I was having a talk to my mate, Leighton Mathieus. The holy one. He pickled my interest back into the coaching

Naysaers: the jobs yours, I just have to clear it with a few people.

Next morning talking with the CEO: Kane BigLittle
    Naysayers : We found a new coach, its Bross the Boss. His almost won 2 premierships, except for a shocking turn of luck. Really it was the footy’s fault for not being round, if it was round it would have cleanly bounced across the goal line.
    Kane BigLittle: Has he applied through the coaching selection process ? We have a coaching selection panel you know? . You know the one I am on.

Naysayers : we don’t need all this talk. Bross knows footy, his on TV every night talking about it with all the experts like Carott and McClooney. Wtf do you know about winning premierships ?
    Kane BigLittle: I just come from a club that won 3 ( coughs , and mentions Richmond)
    Nasayers: but you left in 2017 and joined us, so technically you weren’t there ?
    Kane BigLittle: I laid the foundations. That what it takes to build a dynasty.
    Naysayers: building, whats that ? We are CFC, we can just buy it and they will come. Look at what who we managed to get in: ACeSalad and DIAMOND Williams they going to win us premierships. DiamondWilliams going to dominate the midfield

Kane BigLittle: I beg to differ. You still need to get himto go through the coaching selection process. I am not going to sign off on it.

Naysayers: Well then , your fired!

Later that day on Twitter feedback:
    https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1436152563296976922

Naysayers calls BROSS later to tell him the good news.
    Naysayers: I cleared it with the CEO, your a good chance, but have to go through the coaching selection panel process.
    BROSS: why do I need that ? Its going to mess with my media and burgeoning property empire schedule. Stuff that . Im going to tell the world how busy I am on TV tonight.

Later in the week. CFC sacks their coach for doing what he promised to do: play attacking brand of footy.

2 weeks later, all the assistants coaches are gone.

By the end of September AClarko had to go on national TV to ask CFC to stop harassing him to become their coach. No amount of begging or even generous employment "opportunities" with BVisy. His got gainful enjoyment with his 1 mio a year payoff from generous HFC.
    Last edited by macca; 22-09-2021 at 11:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post

"And we asked Al Clarkson 12 times just to make sure. Actually he had to go on TV in the end and say no just to get the message across. In fact we'll probably keep asking him even after you've taken the job.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

He's probably been hiding under a bush to avoid Carlton.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Voss just named as new Carlton head coach.

17. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually like Voss.
    I don't think head coach is the only problem at Carlton.

They kind of rebuilt, then traded in a bunch of guys on big contracts. Incoherence is their problem.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

So the coach infamous for tanking a whole club through frenetic player movement gets hired by the club most susceptible to frenetic player movement. This should end well.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

20. Likes jeemak, azabob, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

John Elliott has died aged 79.
    More of an In Bruges guy?