Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  82
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Carlton

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Maybe Mission Foods can employ big Sav as chief taco taster but secretly he spends his time teaching the likes of Naughton how to slot sausage rolls?
    Sav’s food of choice is Ice cream and ice magic.

He was asked on RSN when he kicked 90 odd goals one year what did he change. And his answer was ice cream!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I met Anthony* last year - now I'm 6'2 and 90+kgs and he made me look like a child.
    It might be cheaper to pay Sav in gold ingots than in the amount of tacos I reckon the Rocca boys could put away.

* Ripping bloke, one of the good guys.
    Both the Roccas are nice guys. Let's get Sav onboard, I am all for that. He is the Twodogs gold standard goalkicking coach. I love what he did with Casboult. A few very simple (it is extraordinarily easy to load up too much information) rules got the job done.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I met Anthony* last year - now I'm 6'2 and 90+kgs and he made me look like a child.
    It might be cheaper to pay Sav in gold ingots than in the amount of tacos I reckon the Rocca boys could put away.

* Ripping bloke, one of the good guys.
    I walked past Anthony while I was working at Marvel one night. I was wearing a ballistic vest and carrying a firerarm, baton and an OC Spray. I've never felt so physically insignificant.

5. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching Carlton getting spanked by Adelaide (at the moment), I was thinking can we entice any players to the Dogs and who would we chase? After all their number one draft picks, and years of losing, not making finals, there may be a few players who want a change of scenery.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Cripps would be handy.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Watching Carlton getting spanked by Adelaide (at the moment), I was thinking can we entice any players to the Dogs and who would we chase? After all their number one draft picks, and years of losing, not making finals, there may be a few players who want a change of scenery.
    I wouldn't mind de Koning. Looks the ideal ruck/forward partner for Tim English.

Perhaps we could swap him for double Josh (Bruce and Schache)
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I wouldn't mind de Koning. Looks the ideal ruck/forward partner for Tim English.

Perhaps we could swap him for double Josh (Bruce and Schache)
    Not a bad idea. Getting De Koning that is. I don't think Carlton would consider taking either Josh off our hands.

10. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Not a bad idea. Getting De Koning that is. I don't think Carlton would consider taking either Josh off our hands.
    Well I know I wouldn't if I was them.

Surely Terry can put in a word. I would even accept Sam from Geelong to get a Bulldog family where they belong. Someone else can work out the detail.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Well I know I wouldn't if I was them.

Surely Terry can put in a word. I would even accept Sam from Geelong to get a Bulldog family where they belong. Someone else can work out the detail.
    Yeah we are ideas guys! The club pays people to pay attention to the details.

13. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely not, given we couldn't land folks that they landed preseason there's no way we'll land anyone they have now given they think they're the next big thing in the AFL.

Let's just sit back and wait until they find out just how *!*!*!*!ing hard it is to be good in this competition and actually spend years as a middling team before they eventually might challenge for top four.

The Blues won't make a prelim in Cripps time in all likelihood.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure Weitering is on a good wicket. If not, we should see if he wants a good wicket with us.

If not for Collingwood, their list management would be ‘the’ head scratcher borne of over estimating their list.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

There are quite a few head scratchers there but handing an injury prone medium forward averaging 1.4 goals a game a 5 year $800k deal is hall of fame territory. Billy Gowers got delisted with a similar record. Perhaps someone in the back office got Mitch mixed up with Jeremy?

Post Thanks / Like

Other than Walsh and MacKay, the rest of that list has not played their best footy or got injured. What a headache they have!

Its staggering only Martin is paid less than 500K, and the rest are over 500K. Only MacKay and Walsh would be worth their $$ on current form.

8 players on estimated total of $ 5.15 M, for maximum 44 players on list.

2021 Salary Cap: Player payments, including ASAs, are $13,165,950 = 39% of Cap
    2022 Salary Cap: Player payments for 2022 are slated to be $14,769,322 = 35%

With reference to Age Article
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...27-p57em2.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Other than Walsh and MacKay, the rest of that list has not played their best footy or got injured. What a headache they have!

Its staggering only Martin is paid less than 500K, and the rest are over 500K. Only MacKay and Walsh would be worth their $$ on current form.

8 players on estimated total of $ 5.15 M

2021 Salary Cap: Player payments, including ASAs, are $13,165,950 = 39% of Cap
    2022 Salary Cap: Player payments for 2022 are slated to be $14,769,322 = 35%

With reference to Age Article
    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...27-p57em2.html
    I think Martin was front loaded, so got a big chunk of his money early