Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  82
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Carlton

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He could do a deal now. Carlton stick with Teague and he comes in next year?
    That would destroy their club. So I’m all for it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That would destroy their club. So I’m all for it.
    Essendon and Carlton my number one hated teams. GWS is different, hate them differently, it is a rivalry hate.

I won't be able to stand it if we lose Sunday.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes Dry Rot, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Just like it didn't help when they got rid of Ratten and appointed Malthouse
    Lyon coming out and saying he had guys like Steve Kernahan telling him he should be coach would have to be warning enough, wouldn't it?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Coach has been sacked.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Lyon coming out and saying he had guys like Steve Kernahan telling him he should be coach would have to be warning enough, wouldn't it?
    I think Lyon should be one of the 18 coaches. He's gotten 2x clubs to Grand Finals...2x clubs who have basically been perennially terrible when anyone other than him was the coach.

He will get Carlton to defend and they will become a top 8 side basically straight away.

I feel a touch sorry for Teague given the 'review' and the way it played out adjacent to the season but I think Carlton doomed him from the start due to the circumstances of his appt.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Coach has been sacked.
    I hope there’s some disenfranchised Carlton players. Time to start ringing a few player agents.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Teague has been hung out to dry in a terrible fashion.
    Their defensive system is terrible so questions have to be asked but has any coach been treated in a worse fashion by their own club in living memory?

Let's not forget he is a staunch Carlton man, a former B&F winner and as a player was considered the 'most courageous' player in the comp more than once by his peers.

I hate Carlton but I do feel for Teague.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

9. Likes bulldogtragic, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.afl.com.au/news/662277

Teague gone. Fifth coach to depart in 9 years.

Carlton are the gift that keep on giving.

Post Thanks / Like

An relevant club. Pigs arse!!

12. Likes Twodogs, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Lyon will be a terrific coach for them personally. Not a fan myself, he comes across as a pig of a bloke but he'd straighten them up quick smart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I think Lyon will be a terrific coach for them personally. Not a fan myself, he comes across as a pig of a bloke but he'd straighten them up quick smart.
    Cerra apparently not willing to go to Carlton if Lyon is appointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Cerra apparently not willing to go to Carlton if Lyon is appointed.
    Would look good in R,W&B.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Would look good in R,W&B.
    Good idea , how would we trade for him ?

One of tbe reasons carlton sacked Bolton because he was trying to instill a defensive skillset into a young team
    Teague sacking ,, with one of the reasons circulating they had no defensive system

Sure Rose lyon will fix it , amd they will be on tbe way to be one of the most boring teams to watch.

I still dont understand why they got rid of Rattem , the players highly respected him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I think Lyon should be one of the 18 coaches. He's gotten 2x clubs to Grand Finals...2x clubs who have basically been perennially terrible when anyone other than him was the coach.

He will get Carlton to defend and they will become a top 8 side basically straight away.

I feel a touch sorry for Teague given the 'review' and the way it played out adjacent to the season but I think Carlton doomed him from the start due to the circumstances of his appt.
    I think Lyon's a good coach, though it's not as if he took over a basket case when he went to St Kilda - who had made the 04 and 05 preliminary finals and the finals in 06 when Thomas was sacked. He did a great job at Fremantle but they weren't a team bereft of talent, while the Saints were fairly endowed at the top end as well.

Agree with you that he'll get Carlton to defend, but I don't think it'll be enough for them to play finals. There's just too many other teams who are better.

Anyway, this is so on-brand for Carlton. I look forward to history repeating in three years time.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think Lyon's a good coach, though it's not as if he took over a basket case when he went to St Kilda - who had made the 04 and 05 preliminary finals and the finals in 06 when Thomas was sacked. He did a great job at Fremantle but they weren't a team bereft of talent, while the Saints were fairly endowed at the top end as well.

Agree with you that he'll get Carlton to defend, but I don't think it'll be enough for them to play finals. There's just too many other teams who are better.

Anyway, this is so on-brand for Carlton. I look forward to history repeating in three years time.
    They never learn, do they?

There's more to that club than the coaches and players. They've never properly moved on from the arrogance of the John Elliott era. They've got no clue how to reestablish a culture.

Gold Coast will win a final before this mob.