Thanks Thanks:  52
Likes Likes:  87
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Fixture

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Fixture

Looks like the AFL has bent over backwards to support the no 1 scoring team from the second half of the year.

The club must be over the moon with that draw.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Looks like the AFL has bent over backwards to support the no 1 scoring team from the second half of the year.

The club must be over the moon with that draw.
    I think the club should be well chuffed with what they have been able to achieve. We are now well placed to attract more members and with many premium timeslots this should inspire our sponsors.

It's over to Bevo, the coaches and the footy department now to get this team prepared for a big season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Is there a single thing about the draw that the club would change?
    7 Saturday night games - Saturday nights are not big drawing games. Not sure what the TV ratings are like
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Have circled in The TIgers at the G Rd19; North at Marvel Rd21 and Doges v WCE in Rd 23.....may go to the Mars Stadium game as well (though that may be stretching the wife and kids a little).

6. Likes Twodogs, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will have to play devils advocate. Funny thing about the draw is that it is great for this years competition. Unfortunately we know teams go up rapidly and teams go down rapidly. Looks good who we play twice at the moment but which teams improve and which teams struggle is going to be interesting to watch.

congratulations to the office staff they have fought well for a great draw. And well done to Bevo and the boys as they played great footy, that has perked the attention of the broadcasters and they want to see more of it. Well done Western Bulldogs

8. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Have circled in The TIgers at the G Rd19; North at Marvel Rd21 and Doges v WCE in Rd 23.....may go to the Mars Stadium game as well (though that may be stretching the wife and kids a little).
    Drop the kids off at Sovereign Hill - they will love it.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Twodogs, I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/new...-games-in-2020

Five must-watch games in 2020
    Nov 2, 2019 1:54PM

Okay, we know every Western Bulldogs game is a must-watch game.
    But if there are five you should pay extra-close attention to ahead of what looms as a big 2020 campaign…

Round 1 vs Collingwood

Friday 20 March
    7.50pm AEDT
    Marvel Stadium

Round 1. Prime Time.
    Does the start of the season get any better than that?
    Maybe. It’s a home game. There will be a huge crowd. And we’re playing Collingwood.
    The season starts with a bang.

Round 3 vs GWS Giants

Friday 3 April
    7.50pm AEDT
    Manuka Oval, Canberra

The gloves are off.
    There’s no love lost between the boys in red, white and blue and the new kids on the block.
    A rivalry is building between the teams from the western suburbs of Melbourne and Sydney.
    The Bulldogs ended the Giants’ finals campaign in 2016. The Giants returned the favour in 2019.
    This will be one that both sides’ players have highlighted in the diary.

Round 4 vs North Melbourne

Friday 10 April
    4.20pm AEST
    Marvel Stadium

After two years on the outer, we’re back.
    Good Friday Football.
    What an occasion to be part of, and an opportunity to raise much-needed funds for the Good Friday Appeal and Royal Children’s Hospital.
    Plus, recent games against the Kangaroos have been hard to split, with four of the last five decided by single-figure margins.

Round 15 vs Essendon

Friday 26 June
    7.50pm AEST
    Marvel Stadium

We know how much our supporters love a win against Essendon.
    Regardless of when and where, clashes between the Bulldogs and Bombers are always big.
    But prime time, Friday night lights?
    Even bigger.
    And there’s bound to be even more in it, after the Bulldogs’ big, big win in 2019.

Round 19 vs Richmond

Sunday 26 July
    1.10pm AEST
    MCG

The reigning premiers on their home turf.
    We have three day games in Melbourne in 2019, and this shapes as a potentially crucial one.
    It’s one of our two outings at the MCG. It’s a month out from finals – and here’s hoping we’re in that picture at this time of year.
    And it’s Richmond.
    We’ve won five of our last six against them – with the loss by just three points.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

12. Likes Dancin' Douggy, S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    That is a fantastic fixture. 13 prime time games!
    Commercially fantastic and really good to be playing a lot on Saturday as well. Ameet mentioned we like the Saturday night games at Marvel. Really we can’t complain.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Not really, interstate games are spaced apart nicely and the teams we double up against are pretty good ones for us as well

We should be confident we have a great draw for 2020 and as comrade said "no *!*!*!*!ing excuses"

Damn *!*!*!*!ing straight there are no more excuses.

Go dogs!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

15. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a much more attractive draw commercially than what we usually expect. Opportunities abound.

I hate that the fixture is a talking point, good v bad draw etc outside of the actual time slots. It's a foundation of what we all crack it about once the season proper starts.

17. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well he good news for me is I worked my roster out and I will be there round one so I'm happy after making only 5 games last year it's a great way to start
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

19. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    It's a much more attractive draw commercially than what we usually expect. Opportunities abound.

I hate that the fixture is a talking point, good v bad draw etc outside of the actual time slots. It's a foundation of what we all crack it about once the season proper starts.
    I agree, until the fixtures can be a proper draw and not made up by those buffoons in headquarters, I don't give a stuff as to me every game is hard.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just looking at the 2020 fixture and I noticed that we have a home match against Hawthorn on 2 May. This will be the 50th anniversary of EJ's last game (which was at the Whitten Oval against the Hawks) and that speech of his which the club still uses before matches.

I very much doubt this is a coincidence and I suspect this will be commemorated and promoted. It seems to be a a good fixture request by the club and that congrats are in order to the AFL for accommodating it. Of course the other possibility is that I might have been the first to notice it...

22. Likes GVGjr, S Coast Simon, bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    I was just looking at the 2020 fixture and I noticed that we have a home match against Hawthorn on 2 May. This will be the 50th anniversary of EJ's last game (which was at the Whitten Oval against the Hawks) and that speech of his which the club still uses before matches.

I very much doubt this is a coincidence and I suspect this will be commemorated and promoted. It seems to be a a good fixture request by the club and that congrats are in order to the AFL for accommodating it. Of course the other possibility is that I might have been the first to notice it...
    And we won by 3 points.

24. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2020 AFL member replacement games revealed

Western Bulldogs members will again receive access to two big replacement games for the 2020 AFL season.

The replacement games will be two big-drawing games in 2020.

Good Friday’s Round 4 clash with North Melbourne will be the first of these, at Marvel Stadium on Friday 10 April at 4.20pm.

The second will be in Round 19 against reigning premiers, Richmond, at the MCG on Sunday 26 July at 1.10pm.

A new initiative being introduced for 2020 by the Club will allow reserved seat and Coterie members to gain access* to reserved seating for these replacement games. Reserved seating will be located on level one, alongside the Bulldogs’ Cheer Squad at both Marvel Stadium and the MCG matches.

Further details will be sent out to eligible members in early 2020 outlining this new process, including how to redeem their reserved seat.

With two home games at Mars Stadium in Ballarat – against Gold Coast Suns in round eight and Port Adelaide in round 22 – access members unable to utilise their membership for these games will be entitled to access two away games as replacements.

*Seating will be subject to availability

26. Thanks Eastdog, GVGjr, azabob thanked for this post
    Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post