Thanks Thanks:  39
Likes Likes:  191
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the WesternBulldogs - Josh Bruce

Look at the difference tonight. Every time Bruce in the wet flying against multiple defenders. At the other end their forwards had space and were getting one on ones. I thought Bruce was OK tonight. Probably should have held onto a few he dropped. But they were not sitters.

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce was not our problem tonight.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

3. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why was our forward line so clogged yet there’s wasn’t? I watched their game last week against the saints and the saints had an empty shopping centre as a forward line. 1v1s and space everywhere. Perhaps that led to a better effort against us

Post Thanks / Like

Had a pretty decent go in bad conditions tonight. Apart from one pretty bad dropped chest mark can't be too upset.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

It was so congested in there that he had few opportunities, and our delivery was atrocious.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Josh has done an AFL/Bunnings video cooking sausages on the BBQ with his daughter.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/491606

In before the he needs to stop eating so many snags jokes.

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Josh has done an AFL/Bunnings video cooking sausages on the BBQ with his daughter.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/491606

In before the he needs to stop eating so many snags jokes.
    More like Bunnings is the only place he's getting anywhere near the snags at the moment.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    More like Bunnings is the only place he's getting anywhere near the snags at the moment.
    Or next time he spills a sitter: "bet you wouldn't have dropped it if it was a Bunnings snag".

They practically write themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Or next time he spills a sitter: "bet you wouldn't have dropped it if it was a Bunnings snag".

They practically write themselves.
    Bet you would've grabbed it if it had sauce and onions on it, Brucey.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Bet you would've grabbed it if it had sauce and onions on it, Brucey.
    The classic "if it was a pie you would have caught it!"
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I am really hoping that Josh Bruce has turned the corner and will become a real factor in the run home. We really need him to be more involved more of the time.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I am really hoping that Josh Bruce has turned the corner and will become a real factor in the run home. We really need him to be more involved more of the time.
    His start to the fourth quarter was a step in the right direction, though after taking a good grab the adrenalin was obviously pumping so much he completely muffed the handball to Hunter. He looks so tight and on edge whenever he gets the ball, seems pretty clear that he's feeling the pressure/burden and it only gets worse when he starts a game poorly.

Hopefully he can get his hands on it early on against the Hawks, and I'd be looking to throw him in the ruck/up field early to get him involved.

Post Thanks / Like

His start to the fourth quarter was a step in the right direction, though after taking a good grab the adrenalin was obviously pumping so much he completely muffed the handball to Hunter. He looks so tight and on edge whenever he gets the ball, seems pretty clear that he's feeling the pressure/burden and it only gets worse when he starts a game poorly.

Hopefully he can get his hands on it early on against the Hawks, and I'd be looking to throw him in the ruck/up field early to get him involved.
    We should probably either start him in the ruck or on the bench in the first quarter and I think in the ruck might be the better option
    His first half efforts have been really poor but typically he's improved a bit later in the game.

If he gets involved early he might be able to have a vastly better game
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We should probably either start him in the ruck or on the bench in the first quarter and I think in the ruck might be the better option
    His first half efforts have been really poor but typically he's improved a bit later in the game.

If he gets involved early he might be able to have a vastly better game
    If there is a game to try him in the ruck early, it's this one. Hawks options aren't overly physical or athetically gifted so Bruce should at least be able to hold his own. If he can get his hands on it a few times, send him forward and see if it helps his composure.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched him more closely than usual on the weekend. You could see he was really searching for the defender when the ball was coming in long early in the game, that's a confidence thing. You don't trust your own starting position so searching for your opponent to know where to attack from.
    He got better as the game went on. I think the stints in the ruck are helping him not have to think about it too much. He is clearly a confidence player, or is this season with us. Guess that makes sense wanting to do well in your new surrounds.
    I'm backing him in to be a very important player for the short and long term.

20. Likes 1eyedog, merantau liked this post