Thanks Thanks:  39
Likes Likes:  191
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the WesternBulldogs - Josh Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Afternoon tea? At your age by 5:35pm I would have expected you would have already had dinner and supper time would be fast approaching.
    haha, let's not go too far Axeman
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Just watched his farewell speech on doggies website. If that doesn?t bring a tear to your eye you?re not RWB and probably not human either.

Go well young man. Hope you forge a successful career in whatever you do. Guessing you might make an excellent development coach.

He really is still so young. There is no justice in footy. Hope it spurs our players on to do the best they can this weekend and beyond.

Look like he formed a really special bond with Marra and likely Naughts.

Bruce-e-e?e.
    Very emotional speech. At the Mona Castle as well a favorite pub of mine in the inner west.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

3. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Very emotional speech. At the Mona Castle as well a favorite pub of mine in the inner west.
    Libba's Pub

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Libba's Pub
    That's right along with the Ascot Vale Hotel.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Some highlights of his career

8. Thanks macca thanked for this post
    Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Some highlights of his career

That mark against 3 GWS players was the highlight for me. Some great contested marks there. He was so important to us in 2021. Big thank you Brucee for giving your all and so many great memories

10. Likes Max469, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The day prior to the GWS game in Ballarat, I was at a local cafe in the inner-west that the team frequent. About 6-10 players sat down on the adjacent table with Bruce having his back to mine. I suppressed my inner fanboy desire to talk to them and left them to enjoy their breakfast. My 11 month old was on his high chair and dropped a teething toy on the floor. Bruce picked it up, engaged with him and then started a conversation with me about the challenges of parenting 2 x kids (ours are a similar age gap apart). I know we like to say xyz are good blokes but he IS a good bloke. He genuinely seemed interested in what I had to say a freely spoke of some his challenges as a parent.

I felt immediate regret for all the times I cursed him (at home, never at the ground like the weekend just past) in 2020 and this year when playing in defense. I watched the next day and felt worse when he did his knee knowing the implications of such an injury, his age and previous injuries.

I think that moving forward, I will refrain from getting angry and personal at players when they play poorly or make poor decisions for our beloved club. They are human beings that have families, partners, parents and kids that are trying their hardest to make a living in their chosen profession. I mean, not sure what everyone else does here for a living but I would want support and the same understanding and patience in my endeavors.

Thank you Josh. What could have been in 2021 had you avoided the season altering injury in junktime working your hardest for the team. But also thank you for unintentionally highlighting elements of myself I can improve.

Post Thanks / Like

My highlight was when he kicked his 10th goal against NMFC and in the background Libba is fighting half of the NMFC team

13. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funke disco View Post
    The day prior to the GWS game in Ballarat, I was at a local cafe in the inner-west that the team frequent. About 6-10 players sat down on the adjacent table with Bruce having his back to mine. I suppressed my inner fanboy desire to talk to them and left them to enjoy their breakfast. My 11 month old was on his high chair and dropped a teething toy on the floor. Bruce picked it up, engaged with him and then started a conversation with me about the challenges of parenting 2 x kids (ours are a similar age gap apart). I know we like to say xyz are good blokes but he IS a good bloke. He genuinely seemed interested in what I had to say a freely spoke of some his challenges as a parent.

I felt immediate regret for all the times I cursed him (at home, never at the ground like the weekend just past) in 2020 and this year when playing in defense. I watched the next day and felt worse when he did his knee knowing the implications of such an injury, his age and previous injuries.

I think that moving forward, I will refrain from getting angry and personal at players when they play poorly or make poor decisions for our beloved club. They are human beings that have families, partners, parents and kids that are trying their hardest to make a living in their chosen profession. I mean, not sure what everyone else does here for a living but I would want support and the same understanding and patience in my endeavors.

Thank you Josh. What could have been in 2021 had you avoided the season altering injury in junktime working your hardest for the team. But also thank you for unintentionally highlighting elements of myself I can improve.
    Well said FD.

15. Likes Funke disco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funke disco View Post

thanks @FD, just reading that I feel Brucee has made me wanting to be a better human being. I will too try refrain from being too critical of players. It looks easy on TV but I guess in the heat of the moment, these are split seconds and anything can go wrong:
    - wrong body or hand position
    - wrong centre of gravity that has thrown them off balance.
    - they got a dirty push from behind and umpire once again not see it.

You can see Bruccee really tried his guts off for the club and accepted whatever challenge threw his way.
    Last edited by macca; 23-08-2023 at 10:37 PM.

17. Likes WBFC4FFC, Funke disco liked this post