Thanks Thanks:  39
Likes Likes:  191
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the WesternBulldogs - Josh Bruce

People take football way too seriously.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    People take football way too seriously.
    Don't they just what. It's unreal that people can get away with it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Don't they just what. It's unreal that people can get away with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Despite a couple of criticisms of Bruce's game last night, I actually thought he played ok. He had a presence in the backline and made some good spoils as well as taking a strong one on one mark against 2MP.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Despite a couple of criticisms of Bruce's game last night, I actually thought he played ok. He had a presence in the backline and made some good spoils as well as taking a strong one on one mark against 2MP.
    The problem is Bruce, Keath and Gardiner are too damn similar. Clumsy, slow of foot and mind.

Unfortunately we can only play two out of these three.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I love Brucey but he still had 3 kicked on him, plus one v Langford. He just isn't a defender.

I'd actually love to see him play alongside Naughton and Marra in the Lobb/Khamis role. His ruck work will be worse than Lobb / on par with Khamis, but I'm almost certain he would be a better forward. None of the 3 offer anything on the defensive end so it's not like we lose out there.

Wish we'd trial it, especially once Jones returns. We need to find a point of difference, maybe this is it.
    W00F!

7. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I love Brucey but he still had 3 kicked on him, plus one v Langford. He just isn't a defender.

I'd actually love to see him play alongside Naughton and Marra in the Lobb/Khamis role. His ruck work will be worse than Lobb / on par with Khamis, but I'm almost certain he would be a better forward. None of the 3 offer anything on the defensive end so it's not like we lose out there.

Wish we'd trial it, especially once Jones returns. We need to find a point of difference, maybe this is it.
    Agree Bruce is not the solution at FB, but we have struggled since Jones went down.

Not sure about the forward idea - if Lobb doesn't work out or gets injured, then he would be better than Buku.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree Bruce is not the solution at FB, but we have struggled since Jones went down.

Not sure about the forward idea - if Lobb doesn't work out or gets injured, then he would be better than Buku.
    Bruce went from 'woeful' to 'passable' when we sent Gardner to the deepest defensive post and Bruce played a little higher.

I'm not sure Bruce survives the cull at the end of the year. He's behind Jones & Gardner as a KPD, and behind Lobb & Darcy as a forward/ruck. Plus we're adding Croft who will need VFL development minutes
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

10. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Bruce went from 'woeful' to 'passable' when we sent Gardner to the deepest defensive post and Bruce played a little higher.

I'm not sure Bruce survives the cull at the end of the year. He's behind Jones & Gardner as a KPD, and behind Lobb & Darcy as a forward/ruck. Plus we're adding Croft who will need VFL development minutes
    Buzz will also be looking for a go in the backline.

Bruce is transitioning to coaching, so may decide himself.

Post Thanks / Like

Buzz will also be looking for a go in the backline.

Bruce is transitioning to coaching, so may decide himself.
    Bruce is someone I could live with giving up a rookie spot to keep as he transitions to coaching. Depth forward or back as we'll have a lot of talls developing that could benefit from his presence. If it's just for a year it shouldn't hurt

13. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Bruce is someone I could live with giving up a rookie spot to keep as he transitions to coaching. Depth forward or back as we'll have a lot of talls developing that could benefit from his presence. If it's just for a year it shouldn't hurt
    Good idea, as long as he is happy with that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Don’t mind it.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s over. Thanks for your efforts since requesting a trade to come play for us. Nearly no one if any reputation does that, so thanks. What might have been in 2021 Bruce’s but for that knee.

Go well.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes EasternWest, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah got to feel for Bruce a sad day all round.

19. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually wondering how much this got into the players' heads in the second half.

Not making an excuse for them, but we've seen something similar impact the players before.

Really sad for Bruce, but he's had a career to be proud of. Good luck and all the best in his recovery to him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

21. Likes josie liked this post