Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  98
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Alex Keath

It was a Hell of a bargain this trade. Looks like outright theft about now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    It was a Hell of a bargain this trade. Looks like outright theft about now.
    A good night for him but he will be tested further during the year. He's composed reader of the player and his kicking hit the targets.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Rusty early, clearly got better as the game wore on. I suspect time will be his friend
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

When did we last debut a traded 28yo KPD who had 16 disposals (9 intercept) at 94% efficiency, 5 Rebound 50’s and 9 Marks?

Never?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Reads the play brilliantly is composed and a good user
    Looks a steal , but it’s early doors

Post Thanks / Like

When did we last debut a traded 28yo KPD who had 16 disposals (9 intercept) at 94% efficiency, 5 Rebound 50’s and 9 Marks?

Never?

When have we ever had a 28yo KPD who had 16 disposals (9 intercept) at 94% efficiency, 5 Rebound 50’s and 9 Marks?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    When have we ever had a 28yo KPD who had 16 disposals (9 intercept) at 94% efficiency, 5 Rebound 50’s and 9 Marks?
    The best I can come close to is Marcus Adams, although he was at the time 23yo with 15 disposals (6 intercepts) at 93%, 1 Rebound 50 and 8 marks.

Who was then replaced by Keath the next off-season for a fraction of the trade price.

Post Thanks / Like

The best I can come close to is Marcus Adams, although he was at the time 23yo with 15 disposals (6 intercepts) at 93%, 1 Rebound 50 and 8 marks.

Who was then replaced by Keath the next off-season for a fraction of the trade price.
    Peter Foster is the only one I can think of who would have regularly produced those sort of stats. Include regularly running down the ground to kick a 50 metre goal and really hurting opponents in contests and you've got Fossy Bear.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Peter Foster is the only one I can think of who would have regularly produced those sort of stats. Include regularly running down the ground to kick a 50 metre goal and really hurting opponents in contests and you've got Fossy Bear.
    Yes. Still angry at Paul Dear to this day.

Post Thanks / Like

Craig Ellis had one great season with us - probably hard to compare stats from previous generations

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes on a windy day at Whitten Oval...which we all know was frequent..I remember Peter would stay at the one end of the ground all game. Stopping the goals one quarter then kicking them the next and so on.

Post Thanks / Like

One question I have with Alex Keath - does he put Wood's spot in doubt?

Keath is an excellent intercept marker.
    As a similar size mid-intercepter Crozier has Wood well covered for performance last year and his Marsh Series one game was sublime.
    Wood is much shorter than any KPD under consideration. He isn't a rebounder in the Suckling mold, nor does he run the ball like a JJ/Daniel/Ed Richards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

As a similar size mid-intercepter Crozier has Wood well covered for performance last year and his Marsh Series one game was sublime.
    Wood is much shorter than any KPD under consideration. He isn't a rebounder in the Suckling mold, nor does he run the ball like a JJ/Daniel/Ed Richards.
    Wood probably plays regardless and I mentioned a couple of weeks back that maybe the inclusion of Keath places more pressure on Lewis Young. You can play both but then you really need to have either Cordy or Trengove there as well
    Both Keath and Young are tall defenders more noted for their intercept skills than their 1-v-1 abilities. Young needs to improve in that area now.

I'd have Wood coming off the bench because of the reasons you have outlined, Suckling is more creative, JJ, Richards and Daniel provide the run and dash and Crozier can play on a mixture of players but I just can't see us diminishing Wood's role within the team. 2 taller defenders and perhaps a 3rd tall and 3 more creative types possibly works better for us
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

I had much the same thought.

The ball's in his court but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first year since Easton established himself he's not an 'automatic' selection. If he's healthy and strikes a vein of form there'll definitely be a spot for him, but if he struggles to seize a role there are plenty nipping at his heels.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

How bloody good is this trade looking now? It's one pick off being two third rounders for a bonafide no 1 KPD.

His ball use has been outstanding too.

16. Likes kruder, bornadog liked this post