Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  32
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating The Trade Period

Would have been nice to find a small forward or gut running winger, but to keep pick 13 and add two genuine marking talents at either end of the ground is an outstanding effort. We have done very very well here.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

2. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very happy with both our strategy & execution... Excellent result.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Would have been nice to find a small forward or gut running winger, but to keep pick 13 and add two genuine marking talents at either end of the ground is an outstanding effort. We have done very very well here.
    Is there a Rozee lurking around 13 Mofra?

Post Thanks / Like

Fox:

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Who left: Nil

Who arrived: Josh Bruce, Alex Keath

Draft picks owned: 13, 53, 89

Leigh Montagna says: Bruce and Keath, they were the two they targeting. Very close to a A+. They’ve got the bookends now. I think they are a big chance for top four, they should be pushing for the flag. They’ve kept their Pick 13. Their midfield is primed.

Grade: A
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Hear from Sam about the trade period
    https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/v...-them-on-board
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

7. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic outcome for our club.

Kept it targeted and basically on track. Each trade's give balanced the other's out, that we're viewed as a top four aspirant with our list age profile and turnover of key players in such a small time is a testament to a football department that seems to be ticking along again. Sure it isn't a perfect football department, but I think it punches above its weight.

Esserden probably reckons it won trade week. I'm not sure who did but we hit our targets and that's what winning trade week should be.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did we get the best CHB and the best CHF traded this year? Yes.

CHB: Keath (AA before injury, elite year despite injuries), Frost (solid without anything special), Howard (still unsure if he's a defender or forward as were Port)

CHF: Bruce (36-50 goals, 4/5 years), Jenkins (31 next year, cooked as a genuine KPF), Patton (only kicked more than 25 goals twice)

Flicking through Twitter, there's a lot of unhappy and/or very disappointed Saints fans over losing Bruce. St Kilda are banking on fans not staying with that emotion, but it reads like to many he was a 'heart and soul' player to many of their fans. I feel for them moreso, as David King has said we got him for a steal. It sucks, but it's the round about. We lost Hamling for unders, and then got Crozier, Lloyd & Bruce for unders. To our fans, enjoy it while we are on the right end of it.

You get the sense that if a team tries the bully boy shit with Bruce around, he's not going to tolerate that shit for a second. Protecting the younger guys but an example to fly the flag and give as good as you're getting. And kick a bunch of goals a week.

Pre-season got interesting again. What will the 'top four' predictions mean for attitudes, motovation and pressure in the group I wonder? Hopefully good things striving to be better and better, while Stringer plays with a disinterested Daniher and Dahl is roving Josh Jenkins.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 17-10-2019 at 01:57 AM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes azabob, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Yeah I am pretty surprised we haven’t addressed this but you can’t win everything. We may find a small forward through the draft but the outside run needed to come from a trade I thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Yeah I am pretty surprised we haven’t addressed this but you can’t win everything. We may find a small forward through the draft but the outside run needed to come from a trade I thought.
    I think now with the two book ends done. Bevo will sit down start looking at the ability and roles other will play. Can Richards become that outside winged we are looking for. Can Maclean become that forward pocket look in type.

They have all ore season to get use to it and train fir it. I’m sure we will be fine
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still pretty chuffed with how yesterday played out. Rarely have I had an opinion about what would be fair or good for us in a deal and it works out that that's essentially how the deal plays out. Add that it's for 2 good players that fill needs and it's hard not to tip the hat to Power

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    I guess there is always a player that just bobs up and surprises, happens every year.

Vandermeer after a pre-season? Stats don't do him justice, there's just something about the way he plays that suggests he can make it as an AFL footballer.
    Very quick, but starts the play from a stoppage/kick very quickly too. McLean learns to play wing? Stranger things have happened.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The only negative from the trade period is losing points for next year (Rd 2 down to a Rd 3). Hopefully the bottom drops out of Adelaide and the gap is only 5-10picks. Everything else is as good as we could've possibly gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    The only negative from the trade period is losing points for next year (Rd 2 down to a Rd 3). Hopefully the bottom drops out of Adelaide and the gap is only 5-10picks. Everything else is as good as we could've possibly gone.
    My ideal is 1 pick difference and I don't consider that to be impossible.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

19. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    2020 brings the added fun of deathriding the Crows.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

22. Thanks kruder thanked for this post