I'm not sure what everyone else thinks, but to me Carlton have acted close to unethically this trade period with regards Martin.

I kinda/sorta get the Papley breakdown - this just seems like a simple value 'thing' and Sydney were not apt to deal. Martin - offering a future 2nd and 3rd to a club already swimming in picks...it was never ever going to do it. And because of that it seems to me that the plan all along was to let him fall to the PSD and pick him then 'for free'.

That's not right. The PA should be up in arms (and they probably will be if he doesn't get to the Blues) and the AFL integrity unit should be equally upset. The other 17 clubs need to make an example of this...he should not get to Carlton under any circumstances.

Clubs have an obligation during the trade period to act 'fairly' towards one another. I am certain someone is going to throw the Doddoro card at me, but over the past couple of years Essendon have at least been making trades...he might be hard to deal with but at least he still plays 'in the spirit' of the game.