Thanks Thanks:  145
Likes Likes:  133
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preseason Training - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Weightman

Butler
    The balance and the kicking technique is encouraging.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The balance and the kicking technique is encouraging.
    Oh yeah.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Butler needs to spend all of his non-training time in the kitchen.
    We've been pretty good at building up the draftees quickly. There is always going to be a Fergus Greene that seem to take a long time to fill out but I suspect Butler will be a lot stronger in just 12 months.

In just three years English, Lipinski and Lewis Young have all put on a lot of size and strength. Brad Lynch filled out quickly as well

I think the club does this better than most
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We've been pretty good at building up the draftees quickly. There is always going to be a Fergus Greene that seem to take a long time to fill out but I suspect Butler will be a lot stronger in just 12 months.

In just three years English, Lipinski and Lewis Young have all put on a lot of size and strength. Brad Lynch filled out quickly as well

I think the club does this better than most
    Even Kelvin Templeton was skinny as when he came but ended up a pack breaking hulk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Even Kelvin Templeton was skinny as when he came but ended up a pack breaking hulk.
    Probably to his own detriment given his knee injury really impacted his kicking depth and mobility.
    Before the injury it seemed like every preseason he added 3 or 4kg of muscle.

Post Thanks / Like

Any signs of doing the 2km time trial?

Post Thanks / Like

AFEL.com.au

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Established gun: Speedy backman Jason Johannisen's preparations for the 2019 season were derailed by injury but fast forward to the present and the defensive playmaker could hardly be in better shape leading into the Christmas break. Johannisen, who recently became a father, has thrived on an injury-free run and looks likely to break all land-speed records at Whitten Oval.

Gen next: Exciting ruck prospect Tim English will enter his fourth AFL season a more formidable physical presence after adding 5kgs in the off-season to hit the scales at 105kgs. Importantly, the big blonde has added bulk and strength without sacrificing any of the athleticism and endurance that is crucial to his game.

New faces: The training form of former St Kilda key forward Josh Bruce has been so eye-catching that he has Dogs diehards salivating at the prospect of his aerial combination with promising pair Aaron Naughton and Josh Schache. Started his campaign with the Bulldogs' youngsters and has already proven a strong target in match simulation. - Ben Collins
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to the session this morning and it was good to see so many players looking in picture perfect condition

I talked to a guy who seems to be in the know and he mentioned that Naughton had added some more size and that Bailey Dale was also performing well

I shouldn't go to these sessions as the wait until next season just seems too far away

If we can get Schache, Naughton and Bruce clicking as key forwards we are going to be a handful for other sides

11. Thanks Bulldog4life, Eastdog, kruder thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to the session this morning and it was good to see so many players looking in picture perfect condition

I talked to a guy who seems to be in the know and he mentioned that Naughton had added some more size and that Bailey Dale was also performing well

I shouldn't go to these sessions as the wait until next season just seems too far away

If we can get Schache, Naughton and Bruce clicking as key forwards we are going to be a handful for other sides
    Based on the photos of recent training sessions, it seems like Naughton, Libba, Duryea & possibly Suckling are the only ones on restricted duties. Does that seem right?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Based on the photos of recent training sessions, it seems like Naughton, Libba, Duryea & possibly Suckling are the only ones on restricted duties. Does that seem right?
    Add Keath to that I think

Post Thanks / Like

Add Keath to that I think
    Yep, him too!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report GVGjr. Yeah I’m thinking of going to the Feb open training sesssion.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Lewis Young has really filled out, I'm expecting big things from him next season

17. Thanks Eastdog, Templeton31 thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lewis Young has really filled out, I'm expecting big things from him next season
    That is great news G. His skinny build was a worry against those heftier forwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Landsberger is reporting big Timmy is up to 105kg and is the star performer on the track so far.