Thanks Thanks:  145
Likes Likes:  133
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preseason Training - 2020

Does anyone know if there will be any match simulation for the open training session this Saturday?

From memory they had match sim at one of these over the years but most of the time it is more like a captains run session?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be any match simulation for the open training session this Saturday?

From memory they had match sim at one of these over the years but most of the time it is more like a captains run session?
    I'm not sure but I suspect there will be subject to the weather. Last years effort was quite impressive and I remember Lachie Young standing out
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm not sure but I suspect there will be subject to the weather. Last years effort was quite impressive and I remember Lachie Young standing out
    Current forecast is 30 for Saturday, but morning run will mean much cooler
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone trek out to open training this morning?

EDIT: Looks like no training today:

The players had a big session yesterday and required last minute management of their training loads today. Training sessions are always subject to change as the schedule can sometimes be altered at short notice. We do apologise for the change.
    A few still out there anyway:

Last edited by bornadog; 08-02-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty BS to me. If you know you have an open training session coming up the next day, why would you have a big session knowing it would result in not training the day after? The people who made that decision knew what they were doing, knew what it would mean and still decided to do it.

7. Likes bornadog, Eastdog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Bevo's arrival as a club we have been a bit indifferent to linking training sessions with the fans. The East West day comes to mind and today's effort was a particularly disappointing outcome. I get that the playing group and training is spread far and wide (Sunshine Coast and Ballarat etc) but like many others I got there early expecting one thing and getting something completely different.

I would have liked to reported back to the WOOF members with some tidbits and opinions but like most of us I will have to be waiting until the 21st for a really good look at our players

For a forum that has been particularly light on for discussion this could have been a decent boost to participation.

9. Likes ledge, bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So disappointed.

The guys came out late. Weather was excellent, the turf is in exceptional condition and they did ... walk slowly for exact one round and then started with the fan engagement and signing.

Wasting my time to get up early and getting there to check out the boys for the first time this season.
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

11. Thanks GVGjr, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use to love watching the intra club matches at Whitten Oval, but seems we don't get those anymore either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I use to love watching the intra club matches at Whitten Oval, but seems we don't get those anymore either.
    I think they are still having them just not necessarily linking them with the fans at events like today

Am I expecting too much that the change of plans with the (well) advertised training session could have been flagged with the fans late yesterday or even first thing this morning? The last thing I want is to unnecessarily risk any player to satisfy a few hundred fans but a text message or update on Twitter might have saved some people from the trip.
    It's the right decision from a playing perspective but there was probably a missed opportunity to inform the fans

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think they are still having them just not necessarily linking them with the fans at events like today

Am I expecting too much that the change of plans with the (well) advertised training session could have been flagged with the fans late yesterday or even first thing this morning? The last thing I want is to unnecessarily risk any player to satisfy a few hundred fans but a text message or update on Twitter might have saved some people from the trip.
    It's the right decision from a playing perspective but there was probably a missed opportunity to inform the fans

Yes sadly a lot of fans plan the day with the kids it’s a real let down and it’s something the club lacks in as far as getting The fans feel as part of the club.
    Hopefully they realise this and fix it.
    Even if they just picked out some kids in the crowd and did kick to kick with them for 10 min would be engaging.
    You would have those fans and their kids members for life.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quite disappointing from the sound of it. Probably better that I did sleep in this morning. The East West day has gone a similar way - used have the full team come out to the eastern suburbs and do a training session.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Yes sadly a lot of fans plan the day with the kids it’s a real let down and it’s something the club lacks in as far as getting The fans feel as part of the club.
    Hopefully they realise this and fix it.
    Even if they just picked out some kids in the crowd and did kick to kick with them for 10 min would be engaging.
    You would have those fans and their kids members for life.
    At least they signed autographs, so something, but kick to kick would have been a nice touch

17. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

19. Thanks Eastdog, bornadog, GVGjr, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    A few good shots of the EJ Whitten Stand. Love sitting up there when I'm at Whitten Oval. Towards the end of the photos is that Lewis Young doing an NFL type o throw of the ball
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    A few good shots of the EJ Whitten Stand. Love sitting up there when I'm at Whitten Oval. Towards the end of the photos is that Lewis Young doing an NFL type o throw of the ball
    Yeah, they had the NFL ball throwing around during the lap.

Here are some pics of the players with the fans https://photos.app.goo.gl/i8hJMQhxFvGgWWTS8

22. Thanks Eastdog, bornadog, Bulldog4life thanked for this post