Thanks Thanks:  145
Likes Likes:  133
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preseason Training - 2020

Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Sorry I missed that, being away yesterday. Have deleted mine now.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Sorry I missed that, being away yesterday. Have deleted mine now.
    No you haven't
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder when the next open training is on.
    That would be listed in the events thread BAD but check the club website as well.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    No you haven't
    Not sure what you mean

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/events/open-training

Upcoming open training sessions at Victoria University Whitten Oval are:

Monday March 2 - AFL Training 3:00pm–4:00pm

Tuesday March 3 - AFL Training 9:45am–11:00am

Friday March 6 - AFL Training 2:30pm–4:00pm Whyalla Captains Run Open

Monday March 9 - AFL Training 3:00pm–4:00pm conditioning only

Thursday March 19 - AFL Training 9:45am–11:00am

Monday March 23 - AFL Training 3:00pm – 4:00pm

Tuesday March 24 - AFL Training 9:00am – 11:00am

Friday March 27 - AFL Training 9:45am – 11:00am

Monday March 30 - AFL Training 3:00pm – 4:00pm

Thursday April 2 - AFL Training 3:30pm – 5:00pm Canberra Captains Run Open

Monday April 6 - AFL Training 9:45am – 11:00am

Thursday April 9 - AFL Training 9:45am – 11:00am

Please note, all times published are approximate and subject to change at late notice. All training sessions are at VU Whitten Oval unless otherwise stated.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

7. Thanks bornadog, Smads57 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went along with my son who I had to run around with a bit so only really focused on the first quarter of the 'match' but Wallis looked very, very good - one goal he caught Suckling out the back following a Sweet turnover in the middle so he was stiff there, thought Suckling looked ok in patches though.

English really stood out - sells candy like a midfielder and is a very accurate kick...those kicks occasionally hang in the air a little too long, but he looks primed for a very good year also.

Khamis had some good moments - Dale looked lively as well. Bailey Smith kept getting involved.

My son met Bont, Lippa, Wallis (who I had a quick chat to - really nice fella) Khamis, Hunter & McLean - and they were all lovely with my boy. Bont joked with a few near me that the SOR game was pretty high intensity 'which isn't my go'
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

9. Thanks Eastdog, Mofra, bornadog, Bulldog4life, azabob, GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I went along with my son who I had to run around with a bit so only really focused on the first quarter of the 'match' but Wallis looked very, very good - one goal he caught Suckling out the back following a Sweet turnover in the middle so he was stiff there, thought Suckling looked ok in patches though.

English really stood out - sells candy like a midfielder and is a very accurate kick...those kicks occasionally hang in the air a little too long, but he looks primed for a very good year also.

Khamis had some good moments - Dale looked lively as well. Bailey Smith kept getting involved.

My son met Bont, Lippa, Wallis (who I had a quick chat to - really nice fella) Khamis, Hunter & McLean - and they were all lovely with my boy. Bont joked with a few near me that the SOR game was pretty high intensity 'which isn't my go'
    Does your son have a favourite?

Post Thanks / Like

Does your son have a favourite?
    That changes a bit - 6 YO kid logic.

I bought him a Bob 300 top at his first game - so once he retired, he started liking Lewis Young.

Liked Hunter for a while after his banana against Melbourne last season.

On Saturday, he liked Wallis cos he high fived him...but then he surprised me by remembering he'd out injured a lot of last year. Didn't hurt he kicked a few early on Saturday.

Will be an interesting looking forward line come round 1 - Wallis & Dale will play.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

12. Likes bornadog, Eastdog, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    That changes a bit - 6 YO kid logic.

I bought him a Bob 300 top at his first game - so once he retired, he started liking Lewis Young.

Liked Hunter for a while after his banana against Melbourne last season.

On Saturday, he liked Wallis cos he high fived him...but then he surprised me by remembering he'd out injured a lot of last year. Didn't hurt he kicked a few early on Saturday.

Will be an interesting looking forward line come round 1 - Wallis & Dale will play.
    When my son was a couple of weeks old I took him to Highpoint to meet Chris Grant at his AFL shop. Chris makes a fuss of him, asks his name and gives him a hug and a little bulldog doll. I walk off into the distance ecstatically happy with what a wonderful job I am doing as a parent.

Anyway fast forward about a year or so and I am at the club to buy finals tickets (Harvey was born in July '98 so this would have been about 14 months.) Chris is getting out of his car when I walked past and he gave me the "Oh yeah, giddaye, ummm, errr, mate" that you say to someone when you can't remember their name but then he pointed to the baby and said "and this is Harvey, isn't it?"

I didn't care that he couldn't remember my name but I was on cloud 9 for the rest of the day because Chris Grant marched up to my son and remembered his name!

What a guy!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great story Twodogs! Chris is a legend of our club.

I very much enjoy your stories Twodogs.

15. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first started taking my daughter to the Footy, we stuck number 3 on her back, so no choice. But when she got a bit older, she liked Hargrave. I asked her why and she said because he is hot. , so her next jumper came with his number and a signature on the back at the family day. He was wrapped because not many kids had his number.

17. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Great story Twodogs! Chris is a legend of our club.

I very much enjoy your stories Twodogs.
    I well remember my Grandfather (mid eighties at the time) meeting Chris Grant at an Eastern Bulldogs dinner, and he was most impressed by Chris. He didn't talk about Chris's ability, or man mountain size, what he talked about was the quality of the man. His manners, and genuine interest in the people he was there to meet. Not much impressed him at that age, but Chris certainly did.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

When I first started taking my daughter to the Footy, we stuck number 3 on her back, so no choice. But when she got a bit older, she liked Hargrave. I asked her why and she said because he is hot. , so her next jumper came with his number and a signature on the back at the family day. He was wrapped because not many kids had his number.
    When she was about 8 or 9 my daughter saw Adam Cooney at Sims. She said "dad. One day I am going to marry him!" I'm not holding my breath...

20. Likes Bulldog4life, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ditto BAD. My daughter is 28 now and she wore the number 25 with pride....because of Hargrave's looks and his legs.She had the number at aged 13 when those pesky hormones kick in. Even wanted to marry him.

22. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, bornadog liked this post