I've mentioned this a few times but I'm genuinely excited about our chances for 2020.

As a club we have stability on and off the field and we are getting results. We also have an ambitious plan to get 50,000 members signed up

The playing list has plenty of depth and we have been very patient with it. Same with the coaching
We have a good spread of players that have been with us for 3 years or more and it's a hard task for any of us supporters to pick our best 22 or 25 players for the first game of the season. We also have a great draw and I really don't think we could have expected much better.

We successfully recruited to cover our lack of key position depth and quality with bookend tall's and throughout the trade period we still managed to maintain our first pick on draft night.
I think from anyone's definition we haven't taken the foot off the accelerator since the end of the season.

Players are coming back to training now and while some of had surgeries we look like having everyone on the park after Xmas

If you were checking off the things required on a wish list there would already be plenty of ticks in place

Lets look at some of the positives:

We have a great midfield led by Bontempelli, Macrae, Dunkley, Hunter and the returning Liberatore will add a bit to that as well
Youngsters like English, Naughton, Richards, Schache, B.Smith, West, Lewy Young and Lipinski have all impressed
A revamped forward line with 2 of the best contested marking forwards in the competition
A back line that has a great mixture of height, pace and skills
And the depth in the playing list will give us plenty of options for 2020

I think 2020 has all the signs of being a great one for us.