Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 The year of vision

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    We lack Grunt.

On the evidence of our finals performance this year we clearly do. Only Easton Wood and Zaine Cordy put up some resistance from my viewpoint. I wonder who the next group of warriors are? In 2016 we had Morris, M.Boyd, Picken, Clay Smith, Libba who were ruthless.
    This is the only thing that concerns me. Was it inexperience or is it a genuine concern, i guess we'll find out. You can add Dunkley to the list of grunt players, didn't he play that final with broken ribs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    We lack Grunt.

On the evidence of our finals performance this year we clearly do. Only Easton Wood and Zaine Cordy put up some resistance from my viewpoint. I wonder who the next group of warriors are? In 2016 we had Morris, M.Boyd, Picken, Clay Smith, Libba who were ruthless.
    This is the only thing that concerns me. Was it inexperience or is it a genuine concern, i guess we'll find out. You can add Dunkley to the list of grunt players, didn't he play that final with broken ribs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    I can actually see Hayes developing into a strong wingman, he has the tank for it and showed some good skill this season.
    Certainly has the running ability, whether his ball handling or skills develop is the big question. He did finish the sweetest passage of play all year with his goal vs Essendon which was nice.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Certainly has the running ability, whether his ball handling or skills develop is the big question. He did finish the sweetest passage of play all year with his goal vs Essendon which was nice.
    Thank you for reminding me of this sublime moment. Hayes is all about running, not much grunt there but he also has mental strengths like game awareness that hopefully will manifest in 2020.