Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 34 of 118 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

I just watched their new presidents speech, he said he sooks for two days when they lose, and he also said he realised supporters businesses have been hit hard and struggling.
    Mentioned doing whatever he can to build a list that hate losing.
    What I see is a bloke who will let emotions take over, arrogance in not saying the worker/fan has been hit hard but the businesses have been hit hard.
    And as usual the bombers don’t care if your a good footballer and good person they just care you can play footy.
    Here’s his speech.
    Oh and I didn’t go looking for it , it came up on a friends timeline :-)
    https://www.facebook.com/10000003757...529435697/?d=n
    Bring back the biff

2. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I just watched their new presidents speech, he said he sooks for two days when they lose, and he also said he realised supporters businesses have been hit hard and struggling.
    Mentioned doing whatever he can to build a list that hate losing.
    What I see is a bloke who will let emotions take over, arrogance in not saying the worker/fan has been hit hard but the businesses have been hit hard.
    And as usual the bombers don’t care if your a good footballer and good person they just care you can play footy.
    Here’s his speech.
    Oh and I didn’t go looking for it , it came up on a friends timeline :-)
    https://www.facebook.com/10000003757...529435697/?d=n
    Poor bloke has spent a lot of time sooking over the last 20 years.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Lucky Carlton don't have a salary cap to be concerned with.
    Yes I was thinking that. Carlton seem to be back to their old ways. Paper bags filled with cash maybe. They seem to be mentioned with every free Agent and every other player wanting out of their club. Every player they get seem to be on generous coin. What is going on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes I was thinking that. Carlton seem to be back to their old ways. Paper bags filled with cash maybe. They seem to be mentioned with every free Agent and every other player wanting out of their club. Every player they get seem to be on generous coin. What is going on?
    Media mayhem as usual, if they say enough rumours one will come true.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Media mayhem as usual, if they say enough rumours one will come true.
    Although they did get Martin and McGovern. Williams wants to go there. And probably others I have missed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    If you watch the “we are Essington” compilations (c’mon, we all enjoy such simple pleasures) Merritt features prominently as a turnover king as does Saad. I can’t imagine people knocking down the door for them.
    Nah Merrett is a beautiful kick. He's been a bit miscast at Essendon and forced too play too much inside mid, and is still their best player.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Nah Merrett is a beautiful kick. He's been a bit miscast at Essendon and forced too play too much inside mid, and is still their best player.
    Yep, would be perfectly suited to a Caleb Daniel type role in defence, or be their Lachie Hunter/Gaff style winger but because Essington are allergic to drafting any mid over 180cm, he's forced to do grunt work he's not suited to.

I can't stand him because of the douchey things he does off the ball, like patting players on the head after free kicks, pushing heads into the ground etc but can't deny he is a very good footballer.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Hes a very good player. Not sure I agree he is miscast. He's a beast of a tackler, just think he doesn't have the support he needs in the Essendon midfield.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 26-09-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

And that's saying something because he's not a great player really. But I agree, he gets rag-dolled as an inside mid because its just not playing to his strengths. I agree a team can use one of his type down back. Obviously unnecessary for us as we already have the best there is in the comp at this role.

His last game was an absolutely mare as well. Fumbly, continually got caught. He needs to get out of there.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    And that's saying something because he's not a great player really. But I agree, he gets rag-dolled as an inside mid because its just not playing to his strengths. I agree a team can use one of his type down back. Obviously unnecessary for us as we already have the best there is in the comp at this role.

His last game was an absolutely mare as well. Fumbly, continually got caught. He needs to get out of there.
    That last statement was every Essendon player.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Latest Essendon movement

Adam Saad gives
    @essendonfc
    ultimatum; I want more money and more years or I’m off to @CarltonFC
    Bombers’ coach Ben Rutten is key to Saad’s future at Tullamarine with the pair sharing a strong bond, but he insists he wants to be paid what he’s worth

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Latest Essendon movement

Adam Saad gives
    @essendonfc
    Bombers’ coach Ben Rutten is key to Saad’s future at Tullamarine with the pair sharing a strong bond, but he insists he wants to be paid what he’s worth

Why oh why do they all want to go to Carlton. Footy players have never been that smart I guess.
    Brown paper bags must still be part of the offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Latest Essendon movement

Adam Saad gives
    @essendonfc

The way Essendon play its hard to show what your worth.
    As the president said if you don’t want to be there go ..so he should be gone.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Although they did get Martin and McGovern. Williams wants to go there. And probably others I have missed.
    Papley last year was trying his best to get there as well.

Post Thanks / Like

So crazy that like two or three really good players (and Adam Saad) try to go to Carlton every year despite them having been the worst club of the last 25 years and also a long and well known history of paying players outside of the cap. Probably just a wacky co-incidence.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

17. Likes EasternWest, hujsh, Grantysghost, Dry Rot liked this post