Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 59 of 118 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109 ... LastLast

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    AFL legend Kevin Sheedy hits out at injecting room site

Have to agree with Kevin, Flinders Street is not a convenient location for the Bombers off site injection program.
    Can't access due to it being the HUN, and I don't know why, but I kind of want to read that!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Can't access due to it being the HUN, and I don't know why, but I kind of want to read that!
    Well it kind of ruins my joke, but OK:

Footy legend Kevin Sheedy — fresh from penning a love letter to fire up Covid-weary Victorians — says Melbourne’s second supervised injecting room shouldn’t be opposite Flinders Street Station.

The former Essendon coach said authorities should find a more suitable location away from the popular Degraves Street dining precinct.

“Wherever it is, don’t shove it next to the No.1 restaurant in town,” Sheedy said.

“It’s a common sense decision, and it’s one of the most important subjects that we never got taught at school.”

The state government has bought the former Yooralla building for $40.3m but maintains multiple sites are under consideration for the facility.

“Find a place that’s doing nothing, that’s appropriate, that will not embarrass people, because we’ve got to care about those who need help,” Sheedy said.

“You don’t need to stick it (injecting room) in at Flinders Street Station.”

3. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL legend Kevin Sheedy hits out at injecting room site

Have to agree with Kevin, Flinders Street is not a convenient location for the Bombers off site injection program.
    Chortle.

I didn't even click the link because I know it's a Herald Sun article.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Chortle.

I didn't even click the link because I know it's a Herald Sun article.
    I am as obsessed with footy as anyone but why on earth would a Kevin Sheedy opinion on a health and social issue be of any relevance. Next up: Sheeds on ideas for a Middle East peace settlement.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

6. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I am as obsessed with footy as anyone but why on earth would a Kevin Sheedy opinion on a health and social issue be of any relevance. Next up: Sheeds on ideas for a Middle East peace settlement.
    My thoughts exactly!

Everything has to be framed through an AFL lens, it's quite depressing really. Experts with years of qualifications and experience can make informed commentary and would help educate, but they go to that drongo. What's next? Damian Monkhorst's commentary on the stolen generation?

Yes I'm bringing back drongo, it's been too long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    My thoughts exactly!

Everything has to be framed through an AFL lens, it's quite depressing really. Experts with years of qualifications and experience can make informed commentary and would help educate, but they go to that drongo. What's next? Damian Monkhorst's commentary on the stolen generation?

Surprised we haven't seen Sheedy the epidemiologist
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rent a comment, relates to the every day battler. He's regular folk, don't you know? A plumber!
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Rent a comment, relates to the every day battler. He's regular folk, don't you know? A plumber!
    Do you happen to know what position he played? I've never heard it mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair to Sheeds, the Bombers are the best team to discuss locations of injecting room sites.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Do you happen to know what position he played? I've never heard it mentioned.
    Yeah you don't pay attention to anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    My thoughts exactly!

I was reading about Drongo (the racehorse the other day.) Ithad some pretty impressive bloodlines. His dad ran in a Melbourne Cup and his mum was a descendant of Carbine (who holds the record for winning the Melbourne Cup with the biggest ever weight on its back, Phar Lap is next) and had an impressive career at stud in Europe.) Drongo himself was runner up in the VRC Derby and finished in the middle of the field in the Melbourne Cup itself.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e37d2cfd64d994
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

TD swoops in with a classic hijack maneuver!

16. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    TD swoops in with a classic hijack maneuver!
    Shall I change the thread title to "Kevin Sheedy's Ill Informed Opinions About Social Issues" or do you want to do it?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

18. Likes EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I was reading about Drongo (the racehorse the other day.) Ithad some pretty impressive bloodlines. His dad ran in a Melbourne Cup and his mum was a descendant of Carbine (who holds the record for winning the Melbourne Cup with the biggest ever weight on its back, Phar Lap is next) and had an impressive career at stud in Europe.) Drongo himself was runner up in the VRC Derby and finished in the middle of the field in the Melbourne Cup itself.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e37d2cfd64d994
    Brilliant! Thanks for sharing that TD much appreciated. So interesting. I hope we continue to have great Australian stories.

20. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Shall I change the thread title to "Kevin Sheedy's Ill Informed Opinions About Social Issues" or do you want to do it?
    Well you're the moderator.........