Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  1,019
Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1521

Thread: Essendon

  1. #1456
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    The setting is perfect for Hird.

    The hawthorn distraction.
    In his mind “it’s not as bad as clarko and Fagan”
    The sycophants chanting his name
    A board so deluded they are frothing at the mouth.

    Perfect. Just perfect.

  2. #1457
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    27,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I hear Essendon wants to also talk to Lance Armstrong
    Only because they found out River Phoenix was dead
    Giant jolly 'Jerker' Jenkins, Jesaulenko's dupe
    All he got out of that magic mark was a tendency to stoop

    https://youtu.be/59MwgUG5uPs

  3. Likes bornadog liked this post
  4. #1458
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    27,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think it's 7 years since he was in a full time coaching position. On that alone it's a high risk for them.
    James Hird has a 41-1-42 win/loss record as a coach for a 49 % record. At the time they appointed him almost everyone said "it's too early, he doesn't have enough experience, he should work as an assistant coach for a few years."

    Essendon went ahead and appointed him anyway.

    What's so special about his record that has that has Essendon so desperate to appoint him? I could understand if he was Norm Smith or Alan Jeans but let's face it, he's not and he never will be.

    They are like a pack of spoiled kids who have been told to they can't have anymore red cordial. The problem is Sheedy should be the wise head advising caution but he's had more red cordial than anyone else
    Giant jolly 'Jerker' Jenkins, Jesaulenko's dupe
    All he got out of that magic mark was a tendency to stoop

    https://youtu.be/59MwgUG5uPs

  5. Likes jeemak, hujsh liked this post
  6. #1459
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    James Hird has a 41-1-42 win/loss record as a coach for a 49 % record. At the time they appointed him almost everyone said "it's too early, he doesn't have enough experience, he should work as an assistant coach for a few years."

    Essendon went ahead and appointed him anyway.

    What's so special about his record that has that has Essendon so desperate to appoint him? I could understand if he was Norm Smith or Alan Jeans but let's face it, he's not and he never will be.

    They are like a pack of spoiled kids who have been told to they can't have anymore red cordial. The problem is Sheedy should be the wise head advising caution but he's had more red cordial than anyone else
    I will now forever picture Sheedy with red cordial stains around his mouth and a bright red tongue.

  7. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
  8. #1460
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    17,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I will now forever picture Sheedy with red cordial stains around his mouth and a bright red tongue.
    Replace cordial with cab sav and it’s pretty much spot on.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  9. Likes hujsh, Sedat, Bulldog4life liked this post
  10. #1461
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    54,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Brad Scott tipped for Essendon coaching roll
    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  11. #1462
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    469
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Just on Essendon, Hunter has always had strong ties with the club. Is there anything they have that could be appealing for us? Does Aaron Francis have any appeal? Would you be satisfied with a 2nd -3rd round pick plus some extra salary cap room?

  12. #1463
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,935
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Brad Scott tipped for Essendon coaching roll
    My mate, who is keen for Hird to come back, said it's "scary" that Scott could get the job. Scarier than Hird?!?!

    Scott has a 106-105 win-loss record, including 4 finals series and 2 prelim final losses. Most of it with an over-achieving list.

    If I was a Bombers fan, there are definitely worse options.

  13. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Swoop, Grantysghost, Topdog liked this post
  14. #1464
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    15,691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    My mate, who is keen for Hird to come back, said it's "scary" that Scott could get the job. Scarier than Hird?!?!

    Scott has a 106-105 win-loss record, including 4 finals series and 2 prelim final losses. Most of it with an over-achieving list.

    If I was a Bombers fan, there are definitely worse options.
    He's as boorish as they come, but is an excellent coach.
    Borderline diplomatic.

  15. #1465
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    flemington
    Posts
    2,797
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    As an unabashed Essendon loather, I will be very deflated if they don’t give the job to Hird. Watching that train wreck would have been so satisfying.

  16. #1466
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Footscray
    Posts
    895
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    As an unabashed Essendon loather, I will be very deflated if they don’t give the job to Hird. Watching that train wreck would have been so satisfying.
    This is all part of a devious Bombers plan to have Hird running the AFL. Brad Scott out and replaced by Dodoro, and Hird to replace Gil. It’s less crazy than a typical theory on BomberBlitz.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

  17. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
  18. #1467
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Looks like it's Scott

  19. #1468
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    33,486
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Looks like it's Scott
    He's going to need someone to manage the coterie groups. As much as I don't like Essendon it's a good move for them.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

  20. #1469
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In renovator's dreams
    Posts
    5,688
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's going to need someone to manage the coterie groups. As much as I don't like Essendon it's a good move for them.
    Yep, this is unfortunately probably a pretty good move for them.
    Wonder if Gia gets to keep his spot in a new regime?

  21. #1470
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Doglands
    Posts
    33,486
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Yep, this is unfortunately probably a pretty good move for them.
    Wonder if Gia gets to keep his spot in a new regime?
    There has been some speculation that a number of assistant coaches are going to move around. Gia's name was mentioned
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •