Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 53 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Why didn’t Dodoro Chase Treloar .. easier get than Dunkley . Club didn’t want him overpaid etc.
    If the figures are true Dunkley was offered 700,000 and they lose a first and second rounder .
    Treloar cost 600,000 and only a first round pick with some coming back.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Why didn’t Dodoro Chase Treloar .. easier get than Dunkley . Club didn’t want him overpaid etc.
    If the figures are true Dunkley was offered 700,000 and they lose a first and second rounder .
    Treloar cost 600,000 and only a first round pick with some coming back.
    I imagine by committing to Caldwell and Dunkley they had already tied up their salary cap and trade assets before Treloar became a thing.

Dunkley didn't happen, but it's super bad form to convince a player to put himself out there and ask his club for a trade and then throw him to the side because someone else became available for cheap.

Also Treloar is 27, so not the age profile Essendon wants for their next tilt in 2034, and he wanted to join a "Premiership contender" not a team that hasn't won a final for nearly two decades.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

3. Likes Testekill, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it hilarious how the bomber supporters were up and about and that Dunkley was the bees knees at 7.29 but by 7.31 he wasn’t worth it and was over rated.
    Bring back the biff

5. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I imagine by committing to Caldwell and Dunkley they had already tied up their salary cap and trade assets before Treloar became a thing.

Dunkley didn't happen, but it's super bad form to convince a player to put himself out there and ask his club for a trade and then throw him to the side because someone else became available for cheap.

Also Treloar is 27, so not the age profile Essendon wants for their next tilt in 2034, and he wanted to join a "Premiership contender" not a team that hasn't won a final for nearly two decades.
    Dunks is an inside mid beast, which is exactly what Essendon lack. Treloar is a superior version of Shiel which they already have.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

JMAC giving Dodo a huge drive by

"And the Caldwell one was a millimetre away from not getting done either. That's Essendon: target a player, high quality, get him in the door, and then not [be] prepared to stump up the price to actually facilitate the deal."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...13-p56ed2.html
    More of an In Bruges guy?

8. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    JMAC giving Dodo a huge drive by

"And the Caldwell one was a millimetre away from not getting done either. That's Essendon: target a player, high quality, get him in the door, and then not [be] prepared to stump up the price to actually facilitate the deal."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...13-p56ed2.html
    I watched it a bit earlier and I'm glad he has pointed it out
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how many list managers hate dealing with Dodo.
    Players must start to realise that going to Essendon is not easy
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    No way
    Money talks
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

The way he responded to it so emphatically typifies Essendon. Instead of saying that's disappointing but he's entitled to his view, he's come out all guns blazing with a clearly defencive mindset.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m in love with the way Dodoro is the best list manager in the history of football by their fans, but when I mention he has been there for years and what success have you had, they roll out names like Stringer and Saad.
    Totally lost the point of football is about winning games.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I’m in love with the way Dodoro is the best list manager in the history of football by their fans, but when I mention he has been there for years and what success have you had, they roll out names like Stringer and Saad.
    Totally lost the point of football is about winning games.
    I don't think they have noticed that Saad has left.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I don't think they have noticed that Saad has left.
    That’s not the point according to them.
    Brasher reminds me of Biden , get the feeling some sort of Alzheimer’s is around.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Unless Pickering, who should well know what this deal would take, pre-warned Dunkley on the outcome that eventuated, as his manager it is he who completely misread the room on this one.

I'm assuming that he did completely misread the room as Pickering is now out there post trade pushing the line that the offer that Essendon put forward was a fair deal, so we can only assume that he saw Sammy Power and the Dogs buckling. We didn't.

For a player so highly valued by his club, as a young leader, and under a lengthy contract only struck by Pickering the season before, it was he who was putting all his chips in on this and backing that the deal would indeed go through. It was an unmitigated failure in Pickering's management of the situation, and what has eventuated for his player.

Pickering's own reputation, and that of Precision, would've taken a pretty serious dent with those powerbrokers within our Club, and no doubt from those list managers at other Clubs looking in at our situation.

Good luck to him when trying to strike a more favourable deal for the likes of Louis Butler and Libba in the future, both on Precision's books, or when trying to find a home for other players in his stable like Kyle Dunkley etc. Unlike Josh at this stage of his career, there are so many more players sitting on the periphery of an AFL list, and more pronounced at the back end of their careers. I believe what goes around comes around.
    Last edited by Doc26; 18-11-2020 at 03:44 PM.

17. Likes bornadog, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Unless Pickering, who should well know what this deal would take, pre-warned Dunkley on the outcome that eventuated, as his manager it is he who completely misread the room on this one.

I'm assuming that he did completely misread the room as Pickering is now out there post trade pushing the line that the offer that Essendon put forward was a fair deal, so we can only assume that he saw Sammy Power and the Dogs buckling. We didn't.

For a player so highly valued by his club, as a young leader, and under a lengthy contract only struck by Pickering the season before, it was he who was putting all his chips in on this and backing that the deal would indeed go through. It was an unmitigated failure in Pickering's management of the situation, and what has eventuated for his player.

Pickering's own reputation, and that of Precision, would've taken a pretty serious dent with those powerbrokers within our Club, and no doubt from those list managers at other Clubs looking in at our situation.

Good luck to him when trying to strike a more favourable deal for the likes of Louis Butler and Libba in the future, both on Precision's books, or when trying to find a home for other players in his stable like Kyle Dunkley etc. Unlike Josh at this stage of his career, there are so many more players sitting on the periphery of an AFL list, and more pronounced at the back end of their careers. I believe what goes around comes around.
    But being Dunkleys manager if a club makes an offer to a manager it’s his job to tell the player, he only does what the player tells him to do.
    Dunkley told him explore it and see if you can make it happen, I would say with every contract player a manager would have mentioned it might not happen.
    Thus don’t upset the club your with be honest and give reasons why as you might not get traded.
    In the end it didn’t happen , Ameet has admitted there were issues and Dunkley stays with no problems .
    Pickering is only guided by his boss ( the player )
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

But being Dunkleys manager if a club makes an offer to a manager it’s his job to tell the player, he only does what the player tells him to do.
    Dunkley told him explore it and see if you can make it happen, I would say with every contract player a manager would have mentioned it might not happen.
    Thus don’t upset the club your with be honest and give reasons why as you might not get traded.
    In the end it didn’t happen , Ameet has admitted there were issues and Dunkley stays with no problems .
    Pickering is only guided by his boss ( the player )
    Somehow I don't trust player managers. If they can get more dollars for their client, it means more commission.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.