Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 64 of 118 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114 ... LastLast

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Wombat sounds a bit like the bloke I saw In his Swans jumper at Harvey Norman in Braybrook on Grand Final day in 2005. He was *!*!*!*!ing massive and had actually bought an eskie full of stubbies into the store with him to watch the game on the biggest screen and the most comfy couch he could find. The last I saw the staff had formed a huddle in order to try and work out who was going to ask him to move on.

We got into some running fights up at Geelong in the late '70s and early '80s with the red haired, buck toothed local farmboys because they insisted on calling us western suburbs scum and we kept calling them cousin *!*!*!*!ing inbreds. Happy days.
    Yeah he was a big boy alright. Massive arms, no definition was just in the short sleeve jumper, huge head, hairy nose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    There's something quite nasty about some of the Saints fans, and it really came out to me at the 2009 preliminary final. A real white bogan, Nepean Hwy vibe about them.
    I knew they were feral af when they started jeering Koschitzke around me for being so useless when he was being helped from the ground after that clash with Gia.

It was a new low for me on par with Richmond supporters dumping shit on the doorstep of the club in the early 2000s.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah he was a big boy alright. Massive arms, no definition was just in the short sleeve jumper, huge head, hairy nose.
    Yep, that's him. He may well have had Wombat written on his jumper and I didn't notice because the stubbies and loud barracking had distracted me.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

What were South Melbourne supporters actually like? In ye ol' days.....
    They had lots of tough wharfie types. I worked in South Melbourne for about 7 or 8 years and liked it so much that I moved there for a couple of years. Lots of pubs and local characters, sort of like Footscray near the sea.

5. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They had lots of tough wharfie types. I worked in South Melbourne for about 7 or 8 years and liked it so much that I moved there for a couple of years. Lots of pubs and local characters, sort of like Footscray near the sea.
    That's what I thought they may have been like, given the working class nature of the suburb in times gone by.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I thought they may have been like, given the working class nature of the suburb in times gone by.
    I lived in Port Melbourne in the '80s. That was a pretty full on spot. Bay Street had about 25 pubs and a hardware store that must have been 100 years old and hadn't changed much of the stock in that time. I used to make the odd commercial visit to the commission flats behind Cole's too-some interesting people lived there.

Post Thanks / Like

I lived in Port Melbourne in the '80s. That was a pretty full on spot. Bay Street had about 25 pubs and a hardware store that must have been 100 years old and hadn't changed much of the stock in that time. I used to make the odd commercial visit to the commission flats behind Cole's too-some interesting people lived there.
    Used to work at Webb Dock, and frequented the Bay St Coles a lot during 2008-2013 and you'd rarely find a bigger disparity in demographics than you did there.

Post Thanks / Like

Used to work at Webb Dock, and frequented the Bay St Coles a lot during 2008-2013 and you'd rarely find a bigger disparity in demographics than you did there.
    We used to see that Goliath guy from the Chaser (Matt?) quite often at Cole's in Port Melbourne. He was just a member of a comedy pairing called the Empty Pockets back then. They had a weekly spot on the Big Gig on ABC TV at the time or slightly before then.

Post Thanks / Like

He's 198cm tall......on Wikipedia, so not sure what his real height is TD.

Post Thanks / Like

He's 198cm tall......on Wikipedia, so not sure what his real height is TD.
    Sounds about right.

Post Thanks / Like

Herbatron's latest

https://youtu.be/jQNMUnKdNxQ
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. The bad news just keeps coming for the bombers. Yet another player who SHOULD be playing for them has re-signed for the dogs. I'm pretty sure they already had Marra penciled in to their forward line next year next to Bontempelli in the midfieldld. Oh jeez poor bombers......the INJUSTICE!!!

Mwahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

PS. I utterly loathe Effingdon.

14. Likes bornadog, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Wow. The bad news just keeps coming for the bombers. Yet another player who SHOULD be playing for them has re-signed for the dogs. I'm pretty sure they already had Marra penciled in to their forward line next year next to Bontempelli in the midfieldld. Oh jeez poor bombers......the INJUSTICE!!!

Mwahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

PS. I utterly loathe Effingdon.
    Second one this week. They also tried to sign Anthony Scott prior to us signing him.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Second one this week. They also tried to sign Anthony Scott prior to us signing him.
    Dunkley too was theirs…

They got Stringer though…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes azabob, Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

4-5 good games a year from the Parcel, and he's suddenly in all Australian contention??? It's ridiculous.

I must admit I'm not a very 'good sport' at times.

I wish Roughead all the best at the Pies. But I begrudge every single possession Strake Jinger gets for Effingdon.

19. Likes Dry Rot liked this post