Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 73 of 118 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1762

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Wasn't he just cleared of that? (Wagner)
    https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-death-endures

We will never know.

2. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Do you mean Tony's twin Fred?

I would have considered naming one of my kids after Frank Sinatra. Not calling them Frank but using Sinatra as a middle name.
    Damn it. Yes, I mean Fred…
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my dogs is named after Tom Libba if that counts.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    One of my dogs is named after Tom Libba if that counts.
    I see Tom Libba at Cole's in Footscray occasionally. The first time one of the other customers and I were in a little huddle saying "oh that's Tom Libba" and he stopped for a chat. I remember him saying that one premiership wasn't enough and he wants at least one more.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Days Since Essendon Have Won A Final
    @FinalsEssendon
    21h
    6,503 #GoDons

Post Thanks / Like

I see Tom Libba at Cole's in Footscray occasionally. The first time one of the other customers and I were in a little huddle saying "oh that's Tom Libba" and he stopped for a chat. I remember him saying that one premiership wasn't enough and he wants at least one more.
    Whenever I've stopped Tom Libba for a chat he's been very friendly. Usually pretty buckled, but definitely friendly.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Whenever I've stopped Tom Libba for a chat he's been very friendly. Usually pretty buckled, but definitely friendly.
    Yeah he's a really nice guy.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah he's a really nice guy.
    Love his dry humour as well.

Apparently he said to Sicily, don't worry be patient there is always next week
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Love his dry humour as well.

Apparently he said to Sicily, don't worry be patient there is always next week
    That's what he said he said to Sicily. I reckon there may have been something much more personal involved.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tea...08cd9a7127d682

‘Club without standards’: Bombers star critiqued for letting side get ‘picked apart’ again

Essendon’s defence has come under the microscope once again, with former North Melbourne player David King warning Jake Stringer could become “Jack Higgins Mach 2” in terms of defensive integrity.

After a stirring win over St Kilda last week, Essendon came crashing down to Earth in round 15, with West Coast Eagles defeating the Bombers to record just their second win of the season.

Speaking on Fox Footy’s First Crack, King pointed to a passage of play on Saturday night that he said typified the defensive lapses that have cost Essendon so dearly in 2022.

“This is why I get frustrated with Essendon and this is why I get frustrated with Jake Stringer, who had a pretty good night,” he said.

“This is why Essendon can have 20 more inside 50s and get beaten. He’s got Elliot Yeo covered here and then says ‘Nah, you take him, Harrison Jones, I’ll just roll over here and take this player, oh, no, now I haven’t got him’.

“Now you pull Perkins (teammate Archie Perkins) up. Stringer doesn’t want to engage in Yeo anymore. He allows him to slip past and now Perkins has got to do the chasing, Harrison Jones has got to do the chasing.

“All of a sudden, the Eagles are through pure and it’s so easy from there, they’re in corridor. Look behind the footy, guess who hasn’t moved?”

King said Stringer’s lack of defensive integrity in that instance mirrored that of Higgins, the St Kilda small forward who this week was omitted from the side after a slump in front of goals.

Asked why the Saints would’ve dropped Higgins on Thursday night, King said: “Because Jack, as has been pointed out so many times, plays on Jack’s terms. You can accept it or not — that’s the reality.”

Higgins’ goalscoring ability, King said, has at times overshadowed his lack of forward pressure and it could be the case with Stringer, he warned.

“This is Jack Higgins Mach 2. It’s the same discussion. If you’re a club without standards defensively, you get picked apart,” he said.

“They will not correct as a football club until these little warts are taken off their game. I don’t know if that’s a talent thing, because you’re not going to get a better commodity (than Stringer) as a free agent or a drafted player at the end of this year for Essendon.

“Is it coaching, is it standards, or are you just going to live this lie and this potential for another two years?”

Post Thanks / Like

15. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bomber Blitz lit up during the loss to Port. Supporters incandescent with rage. Barracking for a 100 point loss. Calling for an extraordinary AGM, Rutten's sacking, Board's sacking, players' sacking.

There's some very black humour on there too. Good for a laugh.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

17. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bombers bag.jpg

Loved this
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

19. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gia to be caretaker for last game
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn you Port. All you had to do was cruise to a 5-6 goal win and Rutten would have been safe for another year and the Bumbers would be going nowhere again for a further 12 months.

Clarko now in play for sure, which is funny for the lols at North but I want nobody with genuine ability to be anywhere near the Hanger.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

22. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post