Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Let’s just remember Stringer never wanted to leave us and Daniher wanted out, they aren’t exactly brimming with players that actually want to play for them but pick up a big wage.
    Daniher astounds me isn’t he a restricted free agent next year ?
    Why would you keep a player who wants out and get bugger all for him when you could have had a good deal last trade?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Bellchambers in doubt for the start of the season following knee surgery. This season is shaping up as a disaster for them.

3. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Tom Bellchambers in doubt for the start of the season following knee surgery. This season is shaping up as a disaster for them.
    Loving it
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Philips is a handy ruckman. Bellcho is close to cooked anyway. I'd expect English to run off both them this year and kill them around the ground though.

Everyone talks about their need for a ruck and a big bodied mid, but I just don't see who kicks their goals especially if Stringer goes into the middle. Orazio is quality for the 12 games per year he's fit enough to play in. Can Hooker go forward for 22 rounds? Hurley is nearing the end and they seem to be banking on Zack-Thercher to hold down a KPD post.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Philips is a handy ruckman. Bellcho is close to cooked anyway. I'd expect English to run off both them this year and kill them around the ground though.

Everyone talks about their need for a ruck and a big bodied mid, but I just don't see who kicks their goals especially if Stringer goes into the middle. Orazio is quality for the 12 games per year he's fit enough to play in. Can Hooker go forward for 22 rounds? Hurley is nearing the end and they seem to be banking on Zack-Thercher to hold down a KPD post.
    Apparently they have given up on the Stringer in the middle project he will play forward, that’s what he said in an interview.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

The irony is that pundits would have been saying Essendon won trade week if they traded Daniher for anything of value.

Post Thanks / Like

The Meedgia can't help itself, sycophant numero uno Jake Niall telling us precisely why we should jump off Esserden and at the same time telling us why we shouldn't jump off the Bombres…….it's literally putting the art in article, I have no idea how he's done it.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...12-p5409e.html

Actually I do know how he's done it, cognitive dissonance. Kind of like me not being able to reconcile how he didn't do it but actually did. Someone call Alanis, there's some actual irony on the table to be put into a song for her upcoming Australasian tour.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Why would you keep a player who wants out and get bugger all for him when you could have had a good deal last trade?
    Pride. I heard they wanted Blakey and wouldnÂ’t accept anything other than him or Parker.

They really need to learn how to negotiate from a position of deficit - hopefully this bites them in the ass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Pride. I heard they wanted Blakey and wouldnÂ’t accept anything other than him or Parker.

They really need to learn how to negotiate from a position of deficit - hopefully this bites them in the ass.
    What a bunch of *!*!*!*!wits.

I hope they never learn.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw an article .. well a heading , couldn’t read it as it was behind a paywall but it looks like Tippenwoody is injured too.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The Meedgia can't help itself, sycophant numero uno Jake Niall telling us precisely why we should jump off Esserden and at the same time telling us why we shouldn't jump off the Bombres…….it's literally putting the art in article, I have no idea how he's done it.

Actually I do know how he's done it, cognitive dissonance. Kind of like me not being able to reconcile how he didn't do it but actually did. Someone call Alanis, there's some actual irony on the table to be put into a song for her upcoming Australasian tour.
    I love the part where he mentions Daniher not playing the last two years , not like they were near A flag without him anyway, but doesn’t he know he will miss most of this season as well and then will get out in the next trade period, they won’t ever have him again. Truth be told he probably would have added only a few more points a game anyway, worst kick at goal ever.

So injuries and a whole new football management team which needs to gel will be a reason to not jump off .. huh. ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I saw an article .. well a heading , couldn’t read it as it was behind a paywall but it looks like Tippenwoody is injured too.
    Maybe just refer to him as Tippa or Walla if you aren't going to attempt to spell his name correctly.

Anyway it's only a minor calf strain. They have some other concerns with some key players who are behind in their preparation:

Michael Hurley (shoulder reconstruction) and David Zaharakis (ankle and knee) are scheduled to join in full training within the next fortnight, while Cale Hooker (hip) and Dyson Heppell (foot) still have work to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Is it ironic that many of the things that Alanis mentions in that song aren't technically irony? Like rain on your wedding day is just bad luck really, nothing to do with irony unless you are a weather forecaster.

Anyway do you have her number? I don't mind ringing...
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Is it ironic that many of the things that Alanis mentions in that song aren't technically irony? Like rain on your wedding day is just bad luck really, nothing to do with irony unless you are a weather forecaster.

Anyway do you have her number? I don't mind ringing...

18. Thanks strebla thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs liked this post