Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 40 of 118 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    The rumour mill is alive and kicking down at Windy Hill. Devon Smith may be exploring his options.
    Why can't their actual good players like Ridley or Draper explore their options?

Would also accept Tippa if he agreed to lose a few kgs.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Why can't their actual good players like Ridley or Draper explore their options?

Stringer and Tippa were also mentioned but I think it's hogwash.

Post Thanks / Like

The rumour mill is alive and kicking down at Windy Hill. Devon Smith may be exploring his options.
    Maybe they could merge with North and move to Tassie ?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe nobody likes going out to an extremely windy Tullamarine to train, irrespective of the lovely soft floors they have out there.

I get the WO is windy, but you have the inner city/ suburban amenities around meaning that if you want to take a quick break away from the club to go and get a coffee or lunch you can find a cool place to do so. It's not really like that out near the airport, and I'm wondering if a bit like the 'aints at Seaford, the Essington players don't like the environment.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Maybe nobody likes going out to an extremely windy Tullamarine to train, irrespective of the lovely soft floors they have out there.

I get the WO is windy, but you have the inner city/ suburban amenities around meaning that if you want to take a quick break away from the club to go and get a coffee or lunch you can find a cool place to do so. It's not really like that out near the airport, and I'm wondering if a bit like the 'aints at Seaford, the Essington players don't like the environment.
    I think that you are spot on and I think this will become an even bigger problem for them moving forward. Instagram culture and trendy cafes mix, the airport does not. All of a sudden Footscray/Yarraville etc is a bit of a selling point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

At least at Windy Hill they had a convenient off site injection clinic across the road.

8. Likes Sedat, jeemak, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Draper would be surely be questioning his decision last year.

Saints threw huge money at him and a long term deal whilst he was out injured with a knee and on the rookie list. He signed with Essendon.

Saints went to plan B - Patrick Ryder.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Draper would be surely be questioning his decision last year.

Saints threw huge money at him and a long term deal whilst he was out injured with a knee and on the rookie list. He signed with Essendon.

Saints went to plan B - Patrick Ryder.
    Who rejected Essendon wisely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Who rejected Essendon wisely.
    Shockingly, given he left that club because it pumped shit into his body without knowing what it was.

The hubris is next level.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dev's a good guy (white line fever) and comes from a good family (his dad and older brother were mad Dogs fans growing up), and I was a fan of going after him a few years ago, but his body isn't in good shape now.

14. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully this bit isn't.

If ever an opportunity presented to rescue him from that dysfunctional train wreck surely it's now.

Imagine how a Tippa / Jamarra combination would comprehensively transform our forward approach and the anxiety it'd cause defenders, not to mention the culture building benefits.

Get in his ear Sam Power.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Dev's a good guy (white line fever) and comes from a good family (his dad and older brother were mad Dogs fans growing up), and I was a fan of going after him a few years ago, but his body isn't in good shape now.
    Apparently he failed a medical to go to Geelong so Essendon and their sprung floors came a-calling.

He's cooked physically.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Strangely enough that's what it's called when Jakey showers.

I'll see myself out.
    "It's over. It's all over."

18. Thanks Axe Man, Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Apparently he failed a medical to go to Geelong so Essendon and their sprung floors came a-calling.

He's cooked physically.
    Yep. His dad was actually hoping that the Dogs would call, but we weren't interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Might be a good bloke off field, but Dev Smith is one of the biggest peanuts on it in the entire league. I'd feel dirty cheering him on.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.