Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 44 of 118 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

I'm fairly sure I read that Carlton thought their first pick was overs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Pick 7 for Saad? WTF?

I like him. He can run, break the lines open and all that fun stuff, but really!?

"But he finished in the top 5 of the B&F" is crap, especially considering how rubbish Essingdank are.
    A 2nd rounder and perhaps a late 3rd round is a more appropriate level of where Saad is. His strengths are good but he does have some deficiencies.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I really rate Saad as a running half back, seriously how many of these guys track back that well and defend. Pick 7 is probably about right for a podium finisher in a b and f two years running (yes average side but still he did it) but Melbourne got 3 for Frawley so its relative ! Essendon fans rate him highly too. I have some sensible friends who support them (shock horror!) .

4. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I really rate Saad as a running half back, seriously how many of these guys track back that well and defend. Pick 7 is probably about right for a podium finisher in a b and f two years running (yes average side but still he did it) but Melbourne got 3 for Frawley so its relative ! Essendon fans rate him highly too. I have some sensible friends who support them (shock horror!) .
    This is a Loch Ness Monster moment for me. For years I've heard about Nessie but I've never actually seen it.
    I'm sure there are 'good Essendon supporters' out there somewhere but it would have to be a rare sighting

I don't think Saad is a genuine first round pick but if Carlton have committed to him they may have to pay up

6. Likes dog town, Grantysghost, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A 2nd rounder and perhaps a late 3rd round is a more appropriate level of where Saad is. His strengths are good but he does have some deficiencies.
    From a Carlton fan:

Send pick 7 to Geelong for 15 & 16 and offer Essendon 15, if they don't take it, let him walk to the PSD
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    From a Carlton fan:

Send pick 7 to Geelong for 15 & 16 and offer Essendon 15, if they don't take it, let him walk to the PSD
    That's a pretty fair outcome and similar to the sort of deal Saints manufactured to get Hill and co last year.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    From a Carlton fan:

That is a higher price than I would be prepared to pay but maybe it's reasonable
    We have a glut of defenders so that might be why I'm not that keen as others are with Saad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    That is a higher price than I would be prepared to pay but maybe it's reasonable
    We have a glut of defenders so that might be why I'm not that keen as others are with Saad
    7 is not just 7 either, like oils ain't oils.
    Is 7 this year worth as much considering compromised nature of draft ?
    To balance that its apparently a deep pool. I guess these all come into consideration. Going to be entertaining as a neutral.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of a turnover merchant for mine. I would not be paying a first rounder for Saad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Bit of a turnover merchant for mine. I would not be paying a first rounder for Saad.
    Maybe because he had no options to give it to up forward , take into account Essendon had Stringer who probably led backed to far for Saad to reach him and Tippa is only good it if hits the ground.
    He didn’t have many options when most of his side was behind him when he broke the lines.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

What sort of pick would we expect if JJ was traded? I would suggest Saad's value is at least that of JJ's and probably higher with better recent form.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually think Saad is better than most on here credit.

He has dare and can change momentum in games. He has actually been wasted with what Essendon have around him. He would certainly be a clear best 22 in every side.

Having said that, his trade value would not be somewhere a little better than to Zak Jones last year. That was a second round with pick swaps.

So if they want a first round Essendon would need to send something back.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    What sort of pick would we expect if JJ was traded? I would suggest Saad's value is at least that of JJ's and probably higher with better recent form.
    Personally I think JJ breaks better and quicker, Saad is more the Harbrow type who tends to run around in circles a little, at least you know with JJ once he has it he is running forward and more chance of one on one.
    Saad can confuse the forwards as in they don’t know when to lead Or what he will do because I’m not sure he knows what he will do.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I'm no expert on negotiation, but I would have thought opening with a ridiculous offer that everybody in the room knows is not remotely suitable, is not the best way to kick things off? Especially when you have a reputation for garbage like that? I hope the Blues genuinely laughed in his face.
    Isn't the plan to start at crazy while the opposition start at reasonable & then by the end, you end up between crazy & reasonable?

I'm sure thats Dodos tactics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Isn't the plan to start at crazy while the opposition start at reasonable & then by the end, you end up between crazy & reasonable?

I'm sure thats Dodos tactics.
    As long as you have more than one club chasing then you can start at crazy let them fight it out.
    Bring back the biff