Thanks Thanks:  80
Likes Likes:  640
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970
Results 1,036 to 1,048 of 1048

Thread: Essendon

  1. #1036
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    I'm worried that having not won trade week two years running they may turn their attention to winning finals.
    Just call me Ponyboy.

  2. #1037
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Whoops, apparently they did win it after all! It's literally unbelievable how much these sycophants blow sunshine up their arses.

    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...13-p58zr3.html
    Just call me Ponyboy.

  3. Likes Sedat liked this post
  4. #1038
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    28,980
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Whoops, apparently they did win it after all! It's literally unbelievable how much these sycophants blow sunshine up their arses.

    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...13-p58zr3.html
    I don’t know what content writing for North Korean State Media pays. But they should expect job offers with shit like that.
    Sam Power: Great Sage, Equal Of Heaven

  5. #1039
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Kennel
    Posts
    6,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Whoops, apparently they did win it after all! It's literally unbelievable how much these sycophants blow sunshine up their arses.

    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...13-p58zr3.html
    Shtick bait.

  6. #1040
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    What the actual f. How is it that all forms of media are into this??

  7. #1041
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic;768954[B
    ]I don’t know what content writing for North Korean State Media pays[/B]. But they should expect job offers with shit like that.
    I think you probably do, it's somewhere around losing a hand, keeping a hand, or keeping both (because I'm so ignorant I think all dictatorships punish everyone the same way.).
    Just call me Ponyboy.

  8. Likes 1eyedog, bulldogtragic liked this post
  9. #1042
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Whoops, apparently they did win it after all! It's literally unbelievable how much these sycophants blow sunshine up their arses.

    https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...13-p58zr3.html
    FMD, As Ghost Dog said a few moons ago, what a fall The Age as a newspaper has taken.

    Every monday I would try and listen to the "Real Footy" podcast but honestly all it is Caro talking about Richmond, how Geelong are favorites for flag, Demon pride.

    I'm done with it. I've been thinking of cancelling my $15 monthly subscription now I actually think I will finally do it.
    #BeMoreBulldog

  10. #1043
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    27,236
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I think you probably do, it's somewhere around losing a hand, keeping a hand, or keeping both (because I'm so ignorant I think all dictatorships punish everyone the same way.).
    Upset the authorities in North Korea and they load you kicking and screaming into a rocket launcher. Then Kim presses the button to launch you out of the business end.
    "Is it about a bicycle?" he asked.

  11. #1044
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    807
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    From this mornings Herald-Sun:

    CARL VON LEDEBUR
    One of Essendon Football Club’s first trainers was also a quack doctor, con artist, drug fiend, rapist, burglar and suspected murderer.

    Von Ledebur pulverised testicles of dogs, sheep, guinea pigs and goats with a mortar and pestle and injected the fluid into patients to boost testosterone and other hormone levels.

    The details of the strange story have come to light thanks to historian Michael Shelford from Melbourne Historical Crime Tours delving through old police files and newspaper files.

    Despite serving time in prison for burglaries, von Ledebur was hired as trainer by Essendon, and the team won three VFA premierships in a row from 1891-’93 under his care.

    Later, he became a “electrotherapeutical medical practitioner”, treating various ailments by runnings electric currents through patients’ bodies.
    Sometimes I wrestle with my demons,
    and sometimes we just snuggle

  12. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
  13. #1045
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mulligan's Boogie-board
    Posts
    11,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

  14. #1046
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    16,902
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Never met a good Essendon supporter.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  15. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
  16. #1047
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    27,236
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    From this mornings Herald-Sun:

    CARL VON LEDEBUR
    One of Essendon Football Club’s first trainers was also a quack doctor, con artist, drug fiend, rapist, burglar and suspected murderer.

    Von Ledebur pulverised testicles of dogs, sheep, guinea pigs and goats with a mortar and pestle and injected the fluid into patients to boost testosterone and other hormone levels.

    The details of the strange story have come to light thanks to historian Michael Shelford from Melbourne Historical Crime Tours delving through old police files and newspaper files.

    Despite serving time in prison for burglaries, von Ledebur was hired as trainer by Essendon, and the team won three VFA premierships in a row from 1891-’93 under his care.

    Later, he became a “electrotherapeutical medical practitioner”, treating various ailments by runnings electric currents through patients’ bodies.


    Trainers back then were different to what modern day trainers are too. They were far more senior in the club infrastructure, responsible for the fitness and health of players. The modern day coaches job was divided up between the captain who was responsible for tactics and strategies, and trainers who was responsible for providing a fit and healthy playing list.

    Essendon were a dodgy club back then, they've always been a dodgy club since and they are still a dodgy club now.
    "Is it about a bicycle?" he asked.

  17. Likes bornadog, hujsh, Dry Rot liked this post
  18. #1048
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Inside the mind of Brian Lake
    Posts
    5,788
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Essendon

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

    Essendon were a dodgy club back then, they've always been a dodgy club since, they are still a dodgy club now and always will be.
    Corrected for accuracy.
    HEIGHT IS OVERRATED: CALEB DANIEL > TOM BOYD

  19. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes Jeanette54 liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •