Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 33 of 118 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Fixed, and in furious agreement.

A 3rd rate Johannisen who plays with even less accountability is surely at the bottom of our wants list. That said, JJ's been appreciably better in that area as this season's progressed.

Much rather see Saad sending Melbourne or GWS fans to an early grave.
    Prefer Vandemeer by a mile. Quicker and runs straight and delivers well, unlike Saad who tends to run around in circles and leave his own players up the field wondering when or where to lead to and then he gets caught or kicks to the opposition.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the NO to Saad camp.

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon linked to Daniel Talia. Why would they be interested in an almost 29 year old?

I don't want Saad because he doesn't fit an area of need for us at all but the assessments of him in this thread are bordering on the ridiculous. He's a decent player.

4. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Essendon linked to Daniel Talia. Why would they be interested in an almost 29 year old?

I don't want Saad because he doesn't fit an area of need for us at all but the assessments of him in this thread are bordering on the ridiculous. He's a decent player.
    Gees Essendon are really in a world of their own. They should be chasing young Dunkley, will give you a lot more than Stringer.
    Saads a good player but he is hard to lead to if your a forward and maybe it’s Essendons game plan that doesn’t help also.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

If we want another pacy half-back flanker, let's just put Ed Richards there.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

7. Likes bornadog, Mofra, hujsh, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And here it is my friends , enjoy
    https://youtu.be/FCzUgjzj76s
    Bring back the biff

9. Likes Smads57, jazzadogs, jeemak, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Is he just a spokesperson for the club now? He has this schtick going, Mr Sensible and calm but I can see right through him. You ain't foolin' no one Timbo! If he's addressed it there's something in it.
    I don't know which one it is (my dear old mum watches C7 news and I occasionally wander past while it's on) but Tim quite obviously has massive contempt for one of the newsreaders. I see their cringeworthy attempts to buddy up sometimes. At the end of the sports report the newsreader will make some awkward small talk about football and Tim will glare back at him with a fixed grin. You can almost see Tm thinking "yeah shut the *!*!*!*! up you *!*!*!*!ing eejit"

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Prefer Vandemeer by a mile. Quicker and runs straight and delivers well, unlike Saad who tends to run around in circles and leave his own players up the field wondering when or where to lead to and then he gets caught or kicks to the opposition.
    He's a real Crazy Horse.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

11. Likes Grantysghost, Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What I find absolutely laughable, and pathetic about Effingdon (aside from EVERYTHING ELSE).
    Is their demand for a quick answer from Joe Daniher about his future plans.
    HE F%$#@$%*ing told you LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!! And you IGNORED HIM.

They 'won' the trade period by not letting him go to Sydney. Now they're on their high horse telling Joe he needs to hurry up and give them an answer. AN ANSWER!!! ohhhh baby this is priceless. HA HA HA he he he Mwaaahaha What a pack of idiots.

13. Likes Twodogs, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]What I find absolutely laughable, and pathetic about Effingdon (aside from EVERYTHING ELSE).
    Is their demand for a quick answer from Joe Daniher about his future plans.
    HE F%$#@$%*ing told you LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!! And you IGNORED HIM.[/SIZE

They 'won' the trade period by not letting him go to Sydney. Now they're on their high horse telling Joe he needs to hurry up and give them an answer. AN ANSWER!!! ohhhh baby this is priceless. HA HA HA he he he Mwaaahaha What a pack of idiots.
    Be interesting to see what they get for him compared to last years offer, let’s face it he only played so they could get something for him and only turned up for half a game then he was cooked the rest.
    Let’s hope only one team wants him ala Stringer.
    On that note I wonder when Stringers contract runs out and if he would get another ?
    Bring back the biff

15. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We could... but would that mean Bruce misses out? Naughton is a lock.

We don't know what English will be capable of after one more pre-season, although we do know he was semi-managed in the middle of this year by playing ~50% ruck time for a few rounds.
    If we don't keep Trengove, we have nobody capable of taking ~80% ruck time if Timmy misses a game or needs a rest. To me that's a concern.

Back to Essendon - Laverde? Mid-sized forward who has shown promise but just never put it all together. If he 'clicks' he'd be a gun.
    Tim appeared to be carrying an injury when he was being managed. I remembered at the time we weren't sure if he was going to play. He is up and about now.

17. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon The Bummers will be all over Ben Brown.

19. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read Carlton’s captain Cripps is into Merrett and Oliver to get to Carlton.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Just read Carlton’s captain Cripps is into Merrett and Oliver to get to Carlton.
    Lucky Carlton don't have a salary cap to be concerned with.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Lucky Carlton don't have a salary cap to be concerned with.
    Probably have some spare for one with Kruezer going.

On another note I watched the front bar last night and even they were making Jokes on Stringers body shape.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

If you watch the “we are Essington” compilations (c’mon, we all enjoy such simple pleasures) Merritt features prominently as a turnover king as does Saad. I can’t imagine people knocking down the door for them.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic