Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 55 of 118 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Even the whole not gathering the senior players piece shows how much they don't really get stakeholder management. Appeasing the top of the hierarchy and expecting the others to fall into line shouldn't be how things are done either. A nine year veteran has little connection to a second year player, especially if the latter isn't elite or playing regular senior footy.
    Their senior players were quite pissed off last year when Bellchambers wasn't granted a farewell game.
    I think Dunkley dodged a bullet.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Their senior players were quite pissed off last year when Bellchambers wasn't granted a farewell game.
    I think Dunkley dodged a bullet.
    It really does just stagger me that anyone would want to go there currently. They are just an absolute basket case at the moment.

Surely players around the league are taking notice of whats going on?

Post Thanks / Like

My favourite part is the email was sent 8pm on a FRIDAY NIGHT.

Talk about trying to get one through to the keeper when no one is looking.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Likes jeemak, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    It really does just stagger me that anyone would want to go there currently. They are just an absolute basket case at the moment.

Surely players around the league are taking notice of whats going on?
    Clearly not in Dunkley's case.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    My favourite part is the email was sent 8pm on a FRIDAY NIGHT.

Talk about trying to get one through to the keeper when no one is looking.
    That's the oldest trick in the book when you want to avoid the consultation pain. It's a terrible look for such an important decision and says a fair amount about where the club is at in terms of it's "governance". The recent review clearly didn't go far enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    You'd think it would be completely mind boggling for the EFC to pull this shit after how badly they treated their players through, prior and after the drugs saga, but they just can't help themselves.

They need to move away from trying to be a corporate club/ brand and actually start being a regular club that has brand and commercial responsibilities on top of football operations and stakeholder management. Footy clubs are purely operational, and the value is within the people who operate within them. The EFC actually thinks it's the other way around, in that instead of being an operational business they think they're a brand management and corporate business and folks are lucky to be a part of it. Apart from sheer arrogance (which actually is a huge possibility), there's not many other ways to explain how ridiculous the prospect of emailing players of a nine per cent pay cut actually is.

I guess when your top two folks are ex-executives from the likes of PWC and Westfield you're going to get the type of attitude where it's OK to email folks about a nine per cent pay cut permeating through the club. And when you look at the rest of their previous leaders it's understandable how this type of player abuse and mismanagement is ingrained.

If Josh Dunkley wasn't already aware of the type of organisation he was going to be walking into, I reckon he's probably a bit closer to being so.
    Can I say, being acquainted with the family of a past-president who epitomised the robber baron industrialist, I can vouch first-hand for this.

The sneering 'Do you know who we are?' mentality is very real and in large part fuel for where they find themselves, incomprehensible as to why. The defiant, post-PED victimhood is but a little taste.

May they reap in perpetuity all the smug, unearned contempt they reserve for lowly others.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Need we say more?

Carlton, even CARLTON, had to come to grips with a changed landscape, honestly asses themselves and look for a shred of humility and honesty. Essendon are light years away from that. Lightyears away from something CARLTON have been able to do.

Their hubris knows no bounds. May it continue long enough that we see the entire organisation collapse in our lifetime and their trophy cabinet full of lies and deceit turn to dust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Need we say more?

Carlton, even CARLTON, had to come to grips with a changed landscape, honestly asses themselves and look for a shred of humility and honesty. Essendon are light years away from that. Lightyears away from something CARLTON have been able to do.

Their hubris knows no bounds. May it continue long enough that we see the entire organisation collapse in our lifetime and their trophy cabinet full of lies and deceit turn to dust.
    I hate Carlton just as much as Essendon
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I did as well but I think they have at least shown some sort of humility.
    Bombers just keep using clowns to run the circus.
    Not just any clown, Pennywise comes to mind.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

So do I. Or perhaps did? Its not Carlton have improved their position any, mores that EFC have sunk even further.

12. Thanks Mitcha thanked for this post
    Likes Bulldog Joe, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So the Bummers are still to recruit Kyle Dunkley...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I love it if they don’t pick him , shows just how amateur they really are.
    I hope he comes and plays vfl with us, both Dunkleys should tell
    The bombers where to go after the way they have both been treated.

They have a terrible midfield, had three top ten picks and still didn’t pick one.
    I see the plan, make the midfield really really shit, giving josh more reason to go to them next year.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I love it if they don’t pick him , shows just how amateur they really are.
    I hope he comes and plays vfl with us, both Dunkleys should tell
    The bombers where to go after the way they have both been treated.

They have a terrible midfield, had three top ten picks and still didn’t pick one.
    I see the plan, make the midfield really really shit, giving josh more reason to go to them next year.
    I'm happy to let Josh walk for pick 1 next year. Back-to-back no 1 picks sounds nice. They can have our pick 18 in return.

16. Likes ledge, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    What a disgrace of a club using the emotional card on Josh with no intention to recruit him or even play him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

What a disgrace of a club using the emotional card on Josh with no intention to recruit him or even play him.
    I wonder who Andrew blames for this outcome though.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

19. Likes bornadog liked this post