Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 97 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1762

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Holy rehabilitation Batman.

League HQ doesn't casually burp this stuff up with no reason.

It's happening.

What a masterstroke just as everybody's faith in the code's wider culture is being sorely tested.
    Surely there's an eat pray love photoshop in your future RS!

2. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's happening.

What a masterstroke just as everybody's faith in the code's wider culture is being sorely tested.
    All about James.

4. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's happening.

It's a bloody cult.

Post Thanks / Like

The need to have redemption is genuine.

But…

Those who abuse power, such as having young men injected with unknown Mexican drugs, shouldn’t get power back. Redemption takes many forms. But it doesn’t mean corrupt politicians should do their jail time and get back into parliament, or a teacher who had inappropriate relations with a 16 year old becomes a teacher again after prison, for examples of ‘redemption’. This is not what redemption is.

Unknown. Mexican Drugs. Injected. Into. Young men.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

After having read excerpts from Hird interview in July this year it’s still all about him.

You’ve got to take responsibility, (no “I trusted too much, I trusted two bad men” lame excuses), to be redeemed and he is nowhere near doing so. A stain on the game.

8. Likes GVGjr, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's happening.

Called it. As sure as eggs is eggs.

But f**k I'd be filthy if I barracked for the Bombres. It would be my membership in the microwave level stuff.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Called it. As sure as eggs is eggs.

But f**k I'd be filthy if I barracked for the Bombres. It would be my membership in the microwave level stuff.
    The only difference is 9 out of 10 Essendon supporters would welcome him back and think he was poorly treated and had done his time.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is another case of AFLbeing a weak organisation. Hird shouldn’t be 100 yards from a football dept.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes josie, DOG GOD, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The only difference is 9 out of 10 Essendon supporters would welcome him back and think he was poorly treated and had done his time.
    "I believe it was an honest mistake on his part and he regrets it"
    "He deserves a second chance"
    "We love him"
    "You just don't understand the passion involved"

It's like talking to someone getting dragged back in by an abusive ex partner - the language is striking.

Post Thanks / Like

Still eternally weird that this sort of stuff gets posted on the official AFL website.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes hujsh, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Even aside from the question of whether morally and ethically Hird should get another head coaching role (or really any leadership position in any organisation ever again) the question of whether Hird, having been out of the coaching game for upwards of 5 years before taking on a part time role at GWS just this year, actually has the relevant experience and understanding of the modern game to be competent in a head coach role has yet to be adequately answered.

The only reason to bring him back is 'for the romance' so ultimately anyone who advocates for Hird to join as the head coach is putting their fantasies and personal grievances against the AFL ahead of the success of the EFC.

...Long may it continue to be that way.

18. Likes jeemak, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Even aside from the question of whether morally and ethically Hird should get another head coaching role (or really any leadership position in any organisation ever again) the question of whether Hird, having been out of the coaching game for upwards of 5 years before taking on a part time role at GWS just this year, actually has the relevant experience and understanding of the modern game to be competent in a head coach role has yet to be adequately answered.

The only reason to bring him back is 'for the romance' so ultimately anyone who advocates for Hird to join as the head coach is putting their fantasies and personal grievances against the AFL ahead of the success of the EFC.

...Long may it continue to be that way.
    I think it's 7 years since he was in a full time coaching position. On that alone it's a high risk for them.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Still eternally weird that this sort of stuff gets posted on the official AFL website.
    I mean, sure, to the dispassionate observer it's bizarre ... but entirely predictable from an organisation that prioritises perception over the hard business of meaningful action.

So we've reached the inevitable 'conditioning the common folk' phase of Hird's appointment.

You wonder how much 'closure' the blokes who suffered under his reign might be feeling about now.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I hear Essendon wants to also talk to Lance Armstrong
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I mean, sure, to the dispassionate observer it's bizarre ... but entirely predictable from an organisation that prioritises perception over the hard business of meaningful action.

So we've reached the inevitable 'conditioning the common folk' phase of Hird's appointment.

You wonder how much 'closure' the blokes who suffered under his reign might be feeling about now.
    It's a typical Essendon middle finger to everyone who dares question their superiority.

Without a doubt the conditioning has begun.

Outrage by a thousand cuts.