Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 68 of 118 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1762

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

FOUR

Goals in a final
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Sh!t my essendon mate says:

"I genuinely believe the bombers have lost this rather than the dogs beating us. Same scoring shots. Just wasteful"

"Stat's are virtually even apart from goals basically. Should be a couple points the difference with 5min to go."

"Dry conditions and you would have been smacked today"

"You can't be proud or confident after that"

"Reckon the dogs supporters organised a chain masturbation circle when they found out it was going to rain. Only reason they're winning this game"

"Genuinely feel like the bombers have been the better side all game"

6204 and counting plebs.
    Fake sympathy is the ideal response. “I feel your pain mate. It must really hurt. I know it used to, when the Dogs weren’t very good. That’s quite a while ago, and we won a flag while you guys have been terrible, but still.

“And you were once such a strong club. It hasn’t really worked out for you since that drug cheating thing. And that Days Since Essendon Won a Final account? Such smug b*stards!!!…yours fondly, etc etc”
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

"I genuinely believe the bombers have lost this rather than the dogs beating us. Same scoring shots. Just wasteful"

"Stat's are virtually even apart from goals basically. Should be a couple points the difference with 5min to go."

"Reckon the dogs supporters organised a chain masturbation circle when they found out it was going to rain. Only reason they're winning this game"

6204 and counting plebs.
    Wow… just wow

Post Thanks / Like

6204 and counting plebs.
    I reckon I know which sides supporters have the circle jerk going. I've never seen such a massive sook in my life, i've been reading Bomberblitz and it's been brilliant how they've thrown the toys out of the cot, it's the cream on top of the cake.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I reckon I know which sides supporters have the circle jerk going. I've never seen such a massive sook in my life, i've been reading Bomberblitz and it's been brilliant how they've thrown the toys out of the cot, it's the cream on top of the cake.
    Might have to jump across for some light reading before bed.

Post Thanks / Like

Jazza, get better mates.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh I only responded to him because he started having a crack in the group chat. And because they've been posting 2MP memes for the last 3 weeks.

Wasn't he great today?? 0 marks, 0 kicks. Very important.
    Someone on twitter said 2MP was medically subbed out early in the game. And you know what? I thought that he must have been right (Wright hehehe) but then I remembered all those contests that he fell over in during the second half.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Might have to jump across for some light reading before bed.
    It's a lot of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Fake sympathy is the ideal response. “I feel your pain mate. It must really hurt. I know it used to, when the Dogs weren’t very good. That’s quite a while ago, and we won a flag while you guys have been terrible, but still.

“And you were once such a strong club. It hasn’t really worked out for you since that drug cheating thing. And that Days Since Essendon Won a Final account? Such smug b*stards!!!…yours fondly, etc etc”
    Good tactic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    This is why I HATE this club and it’s supporters. All I’m hearing is the umps won it for us and we would have been smacked of it was dry.

You lost by 50pts. But keep it up because that attitude will get you nowhere and that’s where all other afl fans want you. Where you belong. Winless in finals. You resorted to a drug programme for a reason. You suck and look for the easy way out.

They'll be next year's St Kilda. The team everyone who has an opinion on football but doesn't really understand it thinks preseason will automatically make the finals again and actually go places this time around.

I don't think they will.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Never met a decent Essendon supporter.
    Oh C'mon there's, ummm, errrrrr, Peter Costello or Rohan Connelly. Robbo! Or arrrrr, ummmmm...

Nup you're right. Not one.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see the adulation on their season. Just because a few players CHOSE to leave them the expectations dropped. But that was BAD management by the club. Daniher, Saad and Fantasia all left. They then tried to recruit Dunkley but failed. When they had no choice they went to the draft. To be fair they got some OK talent in.

Last year they stunk it up in the COVID year winning 6 games and draw from 17 games They won 12 games in 2019. They won 12 games in 2018. They won 12 games in 2017.

So based on what they done in the last few years. You would expect them to be around the middle of the ladder.

Also, the narrative around them being young and emerging. Today we were only 10 months on average older them. The facts just doesn't fit the narrative. They definitely have the story that suits them. They finish 8th and lose yet another final but everyone is raving on about how good they are. The fact is that 21 years ago they were the most successful AFL team in the land with arguably the biggest and best sporting brand in the country. Since then they have done absolutely nothing and an entire generation doesn't remember that in the 80s and 90s the Bombers were a powerhouse who were always feared. I love it.
    Last edited by angelopetraglia; 30-08-2021 at 12:11 AM.

14. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Also, the narrative around them being young and emerging. Today we were only 10 months on average older them. The facts just doesn't fit the narrative. They definitely have the story that suits them. They finish 8th and lose yet another final but everyone is raving on about how good they are..
    Really wasnt much in it.

Average Attributes
    Western Bulldogs - Essendon
    25yr 6mth Age 24yr 10mth
    95.5 Games 82.8

Total Players By Games
    Bulldogs - Essendon
    5 Less than 50 7
    9 50 to 99 9
    1 100 to 149 1
    7 150 or more 5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Really wasnt much in it.

Average Attributes
    Western Bulldogs - Essendon
    25yr 6mth Age 24yr 10mth
    95.5 Games 82.8

Total Players By Games
    Bulldogs - Essendon
    5 Less than 50 7
    9 50 to 99 9
    1 100 to 149 1
    7 150 or more 5
    We often mention experience and age etc as an excuse but in reality it's best team vs best team
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We often mention experience and age etc as an excuse but in reality it's best team vs best team
    Exactly. Most important player of the day had less than 20 games.