Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 71 of 118 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1762

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

A fiasco for the ages at Essendon but meaningful change remains unlikely | AFL | The Guardian​​​​​

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...mains-unlikely
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

2. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    A fiasco for the ages at Essendon but meaningful change remains unlikely | AFL | The Guardian​​​​​

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...mains-unlikely
    Another review? How many reviews have they had in the last 10 years ?

Post Thanks / Like

My favourite part:

Expectations would be that Robinson and others will be disappointed. As a second-year coach, Ben Rutten’s position should be safe and Brasher as recently as Tuesday lauded Adrian Dodoro, the club’s list boss who has been at the club for nearly a quarter of a century. Brasher praised Dodoro for finding several “hidden gems” in the last few years. Clearly not enough to build a list capable of winning a final since Shrek 2, but apparently enough to skate through the review.

Keep it up Essendon, keep it up!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

They just re-signed their ceo and two weeks later pull this.

Um..

I love what they're doing down there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    They just re-signed their ceo and two weeks later pull this.

Um..

I love what they're doing down there.
    Can we talk to some of the player's managers and see if they want to play deep finals in the next few years?

Draper ( ruckman) and Redman ( keybackman ) , would like to inquiry about their interests in playing with winning sides.

Just ask Daniher, how good it is to play finals ?

Just ask Saad how good it is to be in a winning side and have a proper review?

Any organization that has review after review without fixing the root cause has questionable leadership.

7. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Another review? How many reviews have they had in the last 10 years ?
    They have reappointed the boss who managed the review but now feel the need to do another.
    Hopefully they'll be in the wilderness for a few more years to come.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

9. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Can we talk to some of the player's managers and see if they want to play deep finals in the next few years?

Draper ( ruckman) and Redman ( keybackman ) , would like to inquiry about their interests in playing with winning sides.

Any organization that has review after review without fixing the root cause has questionable leadership.
    Ridley is the one I'd be after.

Out of the young guys I like Perkins.

11. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My favourite bit

Essendon has demonstrated beyond a reasonable doubt that they are not one to waver “through a particular disappointing period”.

At the time of writing, Essendon has not won a final for a particularly disappointing period of 924 weeks
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

13. Likes hujsh, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of the young guys I like Perkins.
    Can't believe you passed on the guy who is incredibly athletic for 200cm
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

15. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I’ve been impressed by Zach Reid too.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Never heard any commentator mention that.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    My favourite part:

Expectations would be that Robinson and others will be disappointed. As a second-year coach, Ben Rutten’s position should be safe and Brasher as recently as Tuesday lauded Adrian Dodoro, the club’s list boss who has been at the club for nearly a quarter of a century. Brasher praised Dodoro for finding several “hidden gems” in the last few years. Clearly not enough to build a list capable of winning a final since Shrek 2, but apparently enough to skate through the review.

Keep it up Essendon, keep it up!
    The Essendon list is far better than how the team is performing so I wonder if Dodoro gets judged more harshly than he should.
    I'm not sticking up for him because more trades would get done if he wasn't trying to screw other clubs over all the time but he does get deals done and bringing the likes of 2MP into the club with a late pick means they always seem to have wiggle room in the cap. The selection of Martin probably highlights that the scouting team is doing their job as well.
    The biggest criticism is the have a real sameness about their midfield and many of the flankers. The lack of grunt around the ground really hurts them.

On face value the coaches need to come under more scrutiny because just 2 wins by the mid way mark of the season is a massive underachievement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The Essendon list is far better than how the team is performing so I wonder if Dodoro gets judged more harshly than he should.
    I'm not sticking up for him because more trades would get done if he wasn't trying to screw other clubs over all the time but he does get deals done and bringing the likes of 2MP into the club with a late pick means they always seem to have wiggle room in the cap. The selection of Martin probably highlights that the scouting team is doing their job as well.
    The biggest criticism is the have a real sameness about their midfield and many of the flankers. The lack of grunt around the ground really hurts them.

On face value the coaches need to come under more scrutiny because just 2 wins by the mid way mark of the season is a massive underachievement.
    Hmm is it? I actually had them bottom 4 this season. Their depth isn’t great, they’re carrying some old hacks like Shiel and Smith and their midfield just doesn’t hurt you.

I thought they massively over achieved last year.

Got some good kids coming through, some tall athletic guy supposed to be amazing xD

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm is it? I actually had them bottom 4 this season. Their depth isn’t great, they’re carrying some old hacks like Shiel and Smith and their midfield just doesn’t hurt you.

I thought they massively over achieved last year.

Got some good kids coming through, some tall athletic guy supposed to be amazing xD
    To me I think it's more of a game plan challenge, a soft captain and a lack of grunt across the field more than a lack of talent but it's good to hear other opinions.

I don't think the 2 wins so far is because of the list. Dodoro might take the hit though.

The investment Essendon have made in the draft over the last couple of years should be solid for them.

2020 - Cox - Perkins - Reid and Brand were all going to take time
    2021 - Hobbs
    Plus bringing in Wright, Martin and Caldwell look like good additions.

21. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They've had a midget midfield for as long as I can remember. Parish, Merrett, McGrath are good to excellent players but are all small and can't compete against the Cripps/Bont/Oliver types. And the Shiel trade for a 1st and 2nd rounder was an unmitigated disaster.

The only big-bodied mid they ever had was Jab Watson and he was garbage before he got the good stuff, then went back to being garbage after he stopped injecting.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

23. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost, SonofScray, DOG GOD liked this post