Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 107 of 118 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1762

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Essendon the team that just keeps giving ., gives new meaning to the comedy club .
    I love the due diligence phrase .
    I do wonder if this new CEO was another Sheedy captains pick .
    Bring back the biff

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Its now in the mainstream media , a bit of paraphrase from other articles in this one

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/na...a6849c3521?amp

4. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I knew I'd seen Thorburn before. He'd be a Pentecostal I assume. They have a plan to subvert the major institutions of society so as to usher in the Second Coming. Absolute danger to democracy, IMO.
    Correction: He's an Anglican. Silly me. I thought such toxic views were the go to position of the Happy- Clapper brigade, and the zealots arm of Islam and Judaism. I had forgotten that zelotary exists in all branches of religion.
    But the key point in this sorry saga has been brushed aside by the meedja in favour of the "religion under attack" theme. That should be a side show at best. That this guy was excoriated before the Banking Royal Commission, was the CEO of a bank that defrauded 000s of customers, some of whom had to have been Essendon supporters, was completely ignored by the Essendon Board. This shows a certain level of contempt for their loyal supporters that makes you shake your head in disbelief.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

6. Likes jeemak, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Its now in the mainstream media , a bit of paraphrase from other articles in this one

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/na...a6849c3521?amp
    Freedom of religion is under threat according to Australian Christian Lobby and Pastor Guy Masters of City Church on the Hill.

No, bigotry and patriarchy is being called out. Let's call these Christians out. They are "Pick and Choose Christians." They pick what suits their political agenda at the time. If they were really fair dinkum they wouldn't be in favour of playing sport on Saturday - they'd be in church like the Seventh Day Adventists. "And on the seventh day he rested. Remember the 7th day and keep it holy." (or words to that effect)

8. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Gonna pin that on my dart board. Got to work out where the bulls eye goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Cameraman:

"Say Dweeb"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    The guy who conducted the review , interviews other canidates for the CEO and then presents himself as the winner?
    They must have lost the candidate list , you know same important paperwork they lost in the drug scandal.
    Such kwality, such inteGRITTY, such hubris
    What sh@$^#t show essendon must be

No wonder Houli, Cameri, Ryder and Orazio left .

Its staggering to think the place turns a profit

Sheeds oh Sheeds , let your hairdown and come down to smitten the clowns sitting on the board.

The whole board should just reason.
    Personally, I fail to see the problem.

Sincerely, Mofra - recipient of the 2022 'Mofra's best poster' award
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

13. Thanks macca thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It speaks volumes about the religious conservative bloc that they make absolutely NO MENTION of his scandalous, corrupt, ruthless and despicable actions as CEO of NAB. It's all about 'LOOK OVER THERE!!! WE"RE BEING PERSECUTED!!! While ripping off the average person for every cent they can, all day every day. He's a 'great person' for standing up for his religious beliefs, but where were his 'Christian values' when he was syphoning off millions of dollars from unsuspecting customers and clients.
    To walk nobly and defiantly for your beliefs is one thing. But when you have such a corrupt and indefensible public history it's just pathetic posturing. And the blowflies who just LOVE the smell of this type of S*%#t, Bolt, Panahi, Jones, Price etc will not make a single mention of his CEO role at NAB.

Christian my arse.

15. Thanks merantau, macca thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost, EasternWest, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    It speaks volumes about the religious conservative bloc that they make absolutely NO MENTION of his scandalous, corrupt, ruthless and despicable actions as CEO of NAB. It's all about 'LOOK OVER THERE!!! WE"RE BEING PERSECUTED!!! While ripping off the average person for every cent they can, all day every day. He's a 'great person' for standing up for his religious beliefs, but where were his 'Christian values' when he was syphoning off millions of dollars from unsuspecting customers and clients.
    To walk nobly and defiantly for your beliefs is one thing. But when you have such a corrupt and indefensible public history it's just pathetic posturing. And the blowflies who just LOVE the smell of this type of S*%#t, Bolt, Panahi, Jones, Price etc will not make a single mention of his CEO role at NAB.

Christian my arse.
    Yes they will. They'll deliver platitudes about how he allowed inclusion and diversity to be a "thing" whilst he was CEO.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

17. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yes they will. They'll deliver platitudes about how he allowed inclusion and diversity to be a "thing" whilst he was CEO.
    yes you're right. while not mentioning his financial corruption.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely D.D. Nothing like plain, bloody Engish to call a spade a spade. He and Ken Henry were sliced, diced and eviserated by Commissioner Hayne. He laid bare their bastardry and rejected out of hand their risible "explanations" that hundreds of millions of dollars just kept dropping into their laps and they were unaware that something was amiss with their systems for years..

There are people who have been sentenced to jail for unpaid fines and for shoplifting. It's about time white collar crime is taken seriously.

20. Likes Dancin' Douggy, Twodogs, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love it when like minded individuals come out to party!

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...06-p5bns4.html

“I have known [Thorburn] for a while, and he was a very good CEO of NAB, which has a great reputation for inclusion. And he personally is a great and strong believer in it,” Shepherd said.

He's right, NAB included everyone in their overcharging, even dead people. How inclusive!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

22. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

“I have known [Thorburn] for a while, and he was a very good CEO of NAB, which has a great reputation for inclusion. And he personally is a great and strong believer in it,” Shepherd said.

He's right, NAB included everyone in their overcharging, even dead people. How inclusive!
    Yeah great bloke. Ken Haynes is a huge fan of Thorburn's time at NAB. He left a fantastic legacy behind him when he stood down in disgrace
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

That's too good. There was a literal Royal Commission (not that anyone ever actually listens to those) in large part due to how bad of a CEO he was, but he's a "very good CEO" because Shepherd knows him?

Wonder if Luke Hodge has any pre-existing relationship with Thorburn and is available for comment?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

25. Likes EasternWest, Swoop liked this post