Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 112 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1262102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1762

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Aints appear unhappy with compo and will demand Essendon trade. Essendon don’t want to trade for Gresham.

It’s not all bad!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes hujsh, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone see Dodos interview ?
    Says he might be around another few years, oh I hope so .
    Arrogance personified.
    Bombers sack him but keep him in the background doing the same job .
    Talk about Teflon Don .
    Bring back the biff

4. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought he acquitted himself quite well. Adrian doesn't really deserve all the criticism he gets. The problems run a bit deeper than just his list management performance
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I thought he acquitted himself quite well. Adrian doesn't really deserve all the criticism he gets. The problems run a bit deeper than just his list management performance
    I've heard he is very generous with his time and quite nurturing towards people and players.
    He does however seem to like the limelight which puts himself out there to get whacked.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently he knows the interviewer quite well so lots of jokes

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon recruit Ben McKay could be one of the highest-paid players in the AFL next season after details of the Bombers’ shrewd structuring of the key defender’s deal were revealed.

The Bombers during the recent trade period won the race for McKay, signing the former Kangaroo as a restricted free agent on a six-year deal, with a reported trigger for a seventh season.

Essendon’s contract offer to McKay – believed to be worth around $850,000, on average, per season – was significant enough to trigger a band one free agency compensation selection, which handed the Kangaroos Pick 3.

But AFL Media reported on Thursday that McKay’s Bombers contract was heavily front-ended, meaning he’ll be paid around $1.4 million to $1.5 million in 2024.

It comes at a time when the Bombers are in a healthy salary cap position – they also acquired two more free agents in Jade Gresham and Todd Goldstein, as well as traded in contracted Power winger Xavier Duursma – ahead of the expansion of Total Player Payments (TPP) for clubs next year under the AFL’s new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).

I hate the fact that contracts can either be front or back loaded to this sort of extreme and it creates problems for clubs and players down the track. Essendon must be hoping that he has a good season because it's a hard one to explain if he performs badly

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon recruit Ben McKay could be one of the highest-paid players in the AFL next season after details of the Bombers’ shrewd structuring of the key defender’s deal were revealed.

The Bombers during the recent trade period won the race for McKay, signing the former Kangaroo as a restricted free agent on a six-year deal, with a reported trigger for a seventh season.

Essendon’s contract offer to McKay – believed to be worth around $850,000, on average, per season – was significant enough to trigger a band one free agency compensation selection, which handed the Kangaroos Pick 3.

But AFL Media reported on Thursday that McKay’s Bombers contract was heavily front-ended, meaning he’ll be paid around $1.4 million to $1.5 million in 2024.

It comes at a time when the Bombers are in a healthy salary cap position – they also acquired two more free agents in Jade Gresham and Todd Goldstein, as well as traded in contracted Power winger Xavier Duursma – ahead of the expansion of Total Player Payments (TPP) for clubs next year under the AFL’s new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).

I hate the fact that contracts can either be front or back loaded to this sort of extreme and it creates problems for clubs and players down the track. Essendon must be hoping that he has a good season because it's a hard one to explain if he performs badly
    Essendon have set themselves in the situation. They will feel justified if they play finals and win one
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Ben at best should be on $500 to $600 - talk about overs
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind front loading, back ending is where clubs get into shit and it falls apart.

Yes - that was on purpose........
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes hujsh, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No doubt we have done it so we can pay for all our top players . Naughton for example front loaded , Marra back loaded and you mid load Smith etc
    I would be surprised if it hadn’t been happening for years . How else would you keep players together ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Do they realise they didn't get Harry yet?

15. Likes Twodogs, azabob, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Essendon have set themselves in the situation. They will feel justified if they play finals and win one
    6992 days since Essendon won a final.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

17. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    6992 days since Essendon won a final.
    It's just brilliant isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Is it still shrewd recruiting when the guy you paid $2.5m or whatever for one year of footy completely stops trying because you already gave him his money?

Ben McKay really seems like the type to do this. No disrespect, I am also totally the type to do this.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

20. Likes Stevo, hujsh, EasternWest, Topdog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Is it still shrewd recruiting when the guy you paid $2.5m or whatever for one year of footy completely stops trying because you already gave him his money?

Ben McKay really seems like the type to do this. No disrespect, I am also totally the type to do this.
    So what you are saying is GVGjr had you on a front loaded contract and that ended partway through 2023...
    More of an In Bruges guy?

22. Likes hujsh, jeemak liked this post