Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1767107108109110111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1762

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Plenty of talented players never play in a GF or win a flag. Heppell has longevity in the game so well done by him and he should leave the game thinking that he at least tried his best. I just hope we can keep Essendon out of the finals contention for a couple of more years.
    He's a likeable guy and I've heard nothing but good things about him regarding his interaction with supporters.

Interesting player, not sure he has an elite trait so he's done really well with what he has.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He's a likeable guy and I've heard nothing but good things about him regarding his interaction with supporters.

Interesting player, not sure he has an elite trait so he's done really well with what he has.
    Time and time again I've see him take the easier option with his kicking and I think it hurts them. He would thrive at Fremantle as a back flanker who chips the ball around rather than needing to be more direct.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Plenty of talented players never play in a GF or win a flag. Heppell has longevity in the game so well done by him and he should leave the game thinking that he at least tried his best. I just hope we can keep Essendon out of the finals contention for a couple of more years.
    My point is he is still playing coming into a new season and is already resigned to not winning anything.
    Shouldn?t he be more positive .. what?s it telling the young kids there, I am sure his coach wouldn?t be excited by that.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    My point is he is still playing coming into a new season and is already resigned to not winning anything.
    Shouldn?t he be more positive .. what?s it telling the young kids there, I am sure his coach wouldn?t be excited by that.
    He's a star ledge. A likeable bomber that's rare. I doubt he is resigned to not winning. Maybe just being realistic?

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon supplements scandal chemist Nima Alavi hit with drug charges before recent death

A key player in the Essendon supplements scandal was hit with more than 2000 criminal charges related to drug possession.

Compounding chemist Nima Alavi was facing charges brought by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).

But the 2213 charges were withdrawn after Alavi was found dead in his Armadale home in December.

Alavi, 44, has been investigated by AHPRA over accusations he was illegally supplying prescription drug oxycodone.

He died on December 19 last year but his body was only discovered three days later.

Alavi?s death was not treated as suspicious.

The South Yarra pharmacist was at the centre of the Essendon saga, which resulted in season long bans for 34 Bombers players in 2016.

He was accused of being the chemist who made the substances after receiving shipments of raw materials from Shane Charter, known for his Dr Ageless.

The details of the charges against Alavi have only been revealed after the Herald Sun fought a suppression order in the case.

Melbourne Magistrates Court heard an application from Mr Alavi?s family on Friday.

They were seeking to suppress the case to protect the psychological safety of his family.

Their barrister Muniz Saavedra also objected to the release of the charges because it could reduce the sale price for Alavi?s pharmacy in the Como Centre.

Isabelle Gwinner, appearing for the Herald and Weekly Times, challenged the suppression order based on the principle of ?open justice?.

Ms Gwinner argued that the broad suppression order being sought was invalid.

Magistrate Tim Bourke challenged Mr Saavedra to provide evidence of the psychological harm that publication of the charges may cause.

?What evidence do I have??, Mr Bourke asked.

Magistrate Bourke requested that a written report be provided by a psychologist within two weeks.

Mr Saveedra sought a short recess before returning to court to withdraw the application.

Alavi became a household name at the height of the Bombers scandal.

He had been engaged by Stephen Dank, who was in charge of Essendon?s program, to provide supplements.

There was debate about exactly what was included in the supplements injected into the Essendon players.

Alavi was interviewed in 2014 where denied signing a letter identifying the compounds given to the Bombers.

?The letter said something along the lines of ?Thymomodulin has been compounded and it is not banned by WADA?,? Alavi told the ABC at the time.

?And then had my name at the bottom. And my signature on the letter.?

He said he had refused to sign the letter ?because I didn?t know whether it was Thymomodulin [or] Thymosin Beta 4.?

Alavi?s family now live in Queensland.

7. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Essendon supplements scandal chemist Nima Alavi hit with drug charges before recent death

A key player in the Essendon supplements scandal was hit with more than 2000 criminal charges related to drug possession.

Compounding chemist Nima Alavi was facing charges brought by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).

But the 2213 charges were withdrawn after Alavi was found dead in his Armadale home in December.

Alavi, 44, has been investigated by AHPRA over accusations he was illegally supplying prescription drug oxycodone.

He died on December 19 last year but his body was only discovered three days later.

Alavi?s death was not treated as suspicious.

The South Yarra pharmacist was at the centre of the Essendon saga, which resulted in season long bans for 34 Bombers players in 2016.

He was accused of being the chemist who made the substances after receiving shipments of raw materials from Shane Charter, known for his Dr Ageless.

The details of the charges against Alavi have only been revealed after the Herald Sun fought a suppression order in the case.

Melbourne Magistrates Court heard an application from Mr Alavi?s family on Friday.

They were seeking to suppress the case to protect the psychological safety of his family.

Their barrister Muniz Saavedra also objected to the release of the charges because it could reduce the sale price for Alavi?s pharmacy in the Como Centre.

Isabelle Gwinner, appearing for the Herald and Weekly Times, challenged the suppression order based on the principle of ?open justice?.

Ms Gwinner argued that the broad suppression order being sought was invalid.

Magistrate Tim Bourke challenged Mr Saavedra to provide evidence of the psychological harm that publication of the charges may cause.

?What evidence do I have??, Mr Bourke asked.

Magistrate Bourke requested that a written report be provided by a psychologist within two weeks.

Mr Saveedra sought a short recess before returning to court to withdraw the application.

Alavi became a household name at the height of the Bombers scandal.

He had been engaged by Stephen Dank, who was in charge of Essendon?s program, to provide supplements.

There was debate about exactly what was included in the supplements injected into the Essendon players.

Alavi was interviewed in 2014 where denied signing a letter identifying the compounds given to the Bombers.

?The letter said something along the lines of ?Thymomodulin has been compounded and it is not banned by WADA?,? Alavi told the ABC at the time.

?And then had my name at the bottom. And my signature on the letter.?

He said he had refused to sign the letter ?because I didn?t know whether it was Thymomodulin [or] Thymosin Beta 4.?

Alavi?s family now live in Queensland.
    I still can’t believe the fans still think the club was innocent.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I still can’t believe the fans still think the club was innocent.
    I can't believe they weren't thrown out of the competition.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

10. Likes Dry Rot, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I can't believe they weren't thrown out of the competition.
    of the AFL? Unfortunately thats very easy to believe

Post Thanks / Like

Somehow Essendon has been borderline flying, but this time somewhat under the radar. Is no news, good news for them, or good news for the legion of non-bomber fans? I guess only time will tell. I am betting you should keep watching this space, history says that some interesting content is in the making.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

13. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m still in shock about Scott’s Stringer article .. it’s taken them 7 years to realise he has off field issues and is lazy.
    We could have saved him 7 years of false hope if he was on this forum.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Somehow Essendon has been borderline flying, but this time somewhat under the radar. Is no news, good news for them, or good news for the legion of non-bomber fans? I guess only time will tell. I am betting you should keep watching this space, history says that some interesting content is in the making.
    I think the fans are waking up . I read the Lloyd comments about the bomber fans destroying windy hill if they don’t make finals .
    A lot of bomber fans replied with no forward line , haven’t recruited, even to the point of being worse than last year.
    I did laugh though, as destroying Windy hill won’t change anything they work out of Tullamarine nowadays.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I think the fans are waking up . I read the Lloyd comments about the bomber fans destroying windy hill if they don’t make finals .
    A lot of bomber fans replied with no forward line , haven’t recruited, even to the point of being worse than last year.
    I did laugh though, as destroying Windy hill won’t change anything they work out of Tullamarine nowadays.
    Lloyd. I feel like his epitaph will read : dah

Post Thanks / Like

They're very bullish on Caddy. I'm hoping for 4 or 5 early wins to get the hopes up before a fiery collapse.

18. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    They're very bullish on Caddy. I'm hoping for 4 or 5 early wins to get the hopes up before a fiery collapse.
    Sadly that's warranted. He will be good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I will be happy if we trigger the fiery collapse in round 5.

But given they have Sydney and Port away (as well as Hawks and Saints) in the first 4 rounds I doubt they get off to a flyer.