Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 14 of 118 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I'm glad this was outside the AFLs hands and in the hands of Department of Health and Human Services because gee that is a huge call that only 1 player was in close contact.
    Especially given that, as reported, McKenna was named to play Melbourne. So you'd think he would have been training to be match ready.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I'm glad this was outside the AFLs hands and in the hands of Department of Health and Human Services because gee that is a huge call that only 1 player was in close contact.
    I am genuinely surprised. When you consider contact training compared to all that kicked off this cluster...

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...16-p54kgo.html

A small lecture of 12 people – and a single mathematics textbook – may have been all it took to kick off a COVID-19 cluster at the University of Melbourne.

A mathematician from Britain handed the textbook to Tony Guttmann, who leafed through it and handed it back. The mathematician did not cough or sneeze, and there was no sign he was carrying the virus.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

3. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    I am genuinely surprised. When you consider contact training compared to all that kicked off this cluster...

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...16-p54kgo.html
    That article spun me out when I read it.

Did you read the one by Liam Mannix the Age's science reporter? That spun me out even more.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/the-...27-p54elo.html
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    As I understand it, they had contact training on Friday, and he caught the virus over the weekend and must have only had contact with the one player.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    As I understand it, they had contact training on Friday, and he caught the virus over the weekend and must have only had contact with the one player.
    No that's not correct. His test from the Friday showed an irregularity. I don't believe it is ever possible to tell when someone caught the virus anyway.

Stewart was his wrestling partner on the Friday which is why he was deemed a close contact. The DHHS viewed footage of training and decided no other player was a close contact. They were also satisfied that they followed the proper protocols in the Friday weights training session and Saturday morning defenders meeting so that those present were also not considered close contacts.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, apparently they kept excellent records and documentation......which is nice to know given that hasn't been a strong suit of the EFC in the past.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yeah, apparently they kept excellent records and documentation......which is nice to know given that hasn't been a strong suit of the EFC in the past.
    Records that show that the only close contact was a player they weren't intending to select.

Of course I trust the integrity of the Essendon Football Club and their impeccable history of maintaining precise records.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    No that's not correct. His test from the Friday showed an irregularity. I don't believe it is ever possible to tell when someone caught the virus anyway.

Stewart was his wrestling partner on the Friday which is why he was deemed a close contact. The DHHS viewed footage of training and decided no other player was a close contact. They were also satisfied that they followed the proper protocols in the Friday weights training session and Saturday morning defenders meeting so that those present were also not considered close contacts.
    When did he test positive?

Looking at training vision, he is seen tackling players Saad and who knows who.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He was tested Wednesday and he was negative and there was such a low level in his test on Friday that it came up as an irregularity … and then it was a positive test this morning (Saturday).
    All the trainings are filmed, I will leave it up to the health experts to decide who is deemed a close contact.

Post Thanks / Like

Presuming that vision of him tackling Saad is from Friday, testing positive the next day should ABSOLUTELY rule Saad and anyone else with similar contact with Connor out.

This just seems crazy to me. If you can touch a book before showing symptoms and infect someone else, then you can do likewise from touching shiny training gear.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah im quite astounded that only 1 player has been deemed to have been in close contact with Connor.

Let's hope this isn't a major error that ends the 2020 season. I'm assuming the essendon players will continue to get tested multiple times before the weekend in any case.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I'm no fan of Essendon, but what is he meant to do - carry a hanky?
    The Video footage look like someone with a cold. I would have thought he should be doing aerobic training away from the main group to be on the safe side. Essendon should have better infection control within their group. Snorting on the field is one thing wiping a running nose with your hands is another. Last year who would have gave a stuff, it's a different story this year.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

He has now tested negative. Wtf
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon and suss as f**k drug tests, name a more iconic duo. I'll wait.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

17. Likes bornadog, Topdog liked this post