Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 20 of 118 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    3 goals in the 1st half v the Hawks suggests that he played his role. Stringer is a burst player. Nothing for 3 quarters and then the capacity to win a game on his own. Sadly though he just hasn't been able to do that often enough.
    His performance in that final against Hawthorn was immense. His goal in the last of the GF was as well and I'll always be thankful for it.

I lumped him with Lachie Hunter in his time with us, a player who when it was going his way would always do the right thing but when it wasn't, he wouldn't. And in honesty it came down to hard work and doing the simple things to the best the ability each would allow.

Fast forward and Lachie has almost removed that perception, whereas Jake never has. And the difference is Lachie clearly presents himself to his maximum physically and Jake doesn't.

What sort of player would we be talking about if this guy didn't *!*!*!*! teenagers and try to be the man? Imagine if this guy was just a regular footballer and didn't make an arse of himself? Imagine if instead of being a hero game one, he just concentrated on being the best footballer he could be?

We'll never know because it's kind of rhetorical and hypothetical at the same time. He could be as unfit as anyone in the AFL and he'd still likely get a game in any team playing, that's how talented he is.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The funny thing is if he wasn't such a DH work his arse off to be the best he can be, he would complement our forward line perfectly because Astro would do all the flying and Jake could do what he does best by crumbing, baulking and fending off and having a ping.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Yeah he wasn't often sighted in our finals series but he did have some very important moments.

Look he's a guy who doesn't need much of the ball to have an impact but when he's having a bad day he is an absolute liability.
    Yep, in the win vs the Hawks last week he kicked one of the snaps that is on his boot within half a second. Reminded me of his GF goal.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I still wish the Jake Stringer story hadn't taken that horrible turn. Still........it did. Every bad game he plays for effingdon I takes as a win.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    His performance in that final against Hawthorn was immense. His goal in the last of the GF was as well and I'll always be thankful for it.

I lumped him with Lachie Hunter in his time with us, a player who when it was going his way would always do the right thing but when it wasn't, he wouldn't. And in honesty it came down to hard work and doing the simple things to the best the ability each would allow.

Fast forward and Lachie has almost removed that perception, whereas Jake never has. And the difference is Lachie clearly presents himself to his maximum physically and Jake doesn't.

What sort of player would we be talking about if this guy didn't *!*!*!*! teenagers and try to be the man? Imagine if this guy was just a regular footballer and didn't make an arse of himself? Imagine if instead of being a hero game one, he just concentrated on being the best footballer he could be?

We'll never know because it's kind of rhetorical and hypothetical at the same time. He could be as unfit as anyone in the AFL and he'd still likely get a game in any team playing, that's how talented he is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yeah man that early goal when he trapped a Picken centering ball with his foot and collected , ran through a few and snapped from 30 was an amazing piece of play. I can't think of many players who could do that. Got us up and about.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah man that early goal when he trapped a Picken centering ball with his foot and collected , ran through a few and snapped from 30 was an amazing piece of play. I can't think of many players who could do that. Got us up and about.
    He had 2 rippers in that match.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noWx...Fkw&index=3121
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtIV...Fkw&index=3124

9. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How he kicked that second one was ridiculous. We were front on and it looked like he was jumping onto a horse.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

How's Bruce kissing Carey's arse after the Bontempelli mark in the second part of the first clip. He's a madman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Agreed, it was an absolute belter.

Post Thanks / Like

I recall the Hawks game. Jake did sfa till half time. I remember saying to another dogs person; Jake will light it up second half. I had faith in him back then probably like no other. Its a bloody tragedy really. He is a very special talent. He wouldve come through with Macrae and the Bont. Think what we lack now he would (2015 version) provide it. No wonder list management is so hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I recall the Hawks game. Jake did sfa till half time. I remember saying to another dogs person; Jake will light it up second half. I had faith in him back then probably like no other. Its a bloody tragedy really. He is a very special talent. He wouldve come through with Macrae and the Bont. Think what we lack now he would (2015 version) provide it. No wonder list management is so hard.
    Personally I am still angry at him for being such a bloody dickhead and doing the off field things he did. He let down everyone including supporters, the club and mostly himself. Premiership players mostly stick together but his actions were disgraceful.

Every time he plays badly something in side me yells YES!!.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes Dancin' Douggy, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Personally I am still angry at him for being such a bloody dickhead and doing the off field things he did. He let down everyone including supporters, the club and mostly himself. Premiership players mostly stick together but his actions were disgraceful.

And his family-they have to live with fact their ex/Father was/possibly still is a nuftie of the highest order. Such a waste of A grade talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    And his family-they have to live with fact their ex/Father was/possibly still is a nuftie of the highest order. Such a waste of A grade talent.
    Yes agree Josie
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I recall the Hawks game. Jake did sfa till half time. I remember saying to another dogs person; Jake will light it up second half. I had faith in him back then probably like no other. Its a bloody tragedy really. He is a very special talent.
    One of those freaks that can influence a game with one or two touches. The big shame is he just couldn't be consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

I get what you're saying but I don't feel that way. He's just an ex player now at another club wasting his talents because he's a bit of a man child.

I'm thankful of his short cameos in our great finals run - glimpses of his freakish talent - but that's about it. I was happy to have him and his poor attitude out of the club, and I hope he grows up and can make something of what's left of his career. Just not against us.
    "It's over. It's all over."

19. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In a surprise to no one Conor McKenna has finally pulled the pin.