Thanks Thanks:  159
Likes Likes:  1,293
Page 35 of 118 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast

Thread: Essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    So crazy that like two or three really good players (and Adam Saad) try to go to Carlton every year despite them having been the worst club of the last 25 years and also a long and well known history of paying players outside of the cap. Probably just a wacky co-incidence.
    Free meals and drinks at all Mathieson hotels .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Latest Essendon movement

Adam Saad gives
    @essendonfc
    ultimatum; I want more money and more years or I’m off to @CarltonFC
    Bombers’ coach Ben Rutten is key to Saad’s future at Tullamarine with the pair sharing a strong bond, but he insists he wants to be paid what he’s worth

I'd empty his locker into a brown paper bag and leave it sitting on the doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    So crazy that like two or three really good players (and Adam Saad) try to go to Carlton every year despite them having been the worst club of the last 25 years and also a long and well known history of paying players outside of the cap. Probably just a wacky co-incidence.
    I've made this point before but you really only need one house. You should play football for the right reasons and that is achieving success with your teammates and the money will look after itself. That's the point Carlton is missing at the moment with constantly recruiting players who are the cherry on top. Where's the cake?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Free meals and drinks at all Mathieson hotels .
    Watered down beer and powdered soup?

Having seen from the inside of what goes into the food at those places, there is a reason that the parmas are so cheap. I would not eat in those establishments if you paid me!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

5. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Watered down beer and powdered soup?

Having seen from the inside of what goes into the food at those places, there is a reason that the parmas are so cheap. I would not eat in those establishments if you paid me!
    I eat at macs (Melton) all the time I get half price meals and 10% off drinks , having shares is a wonderful thing.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Dodo just keeps delivering.

"Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro, who has been with the Bombers for 22 years, said losing Houli was "one of the bigger disappointments in my career" when he exited the club."

So naturally makes amends by circling back for Houli when he's an unrestricted free agent who'll turn 33 next season.

Owning league rivals yet again by swooping in on trade targets with multi-year deals when they cost the Bombres ... nothing. Genius.

"AFEL.com.au also understands Dodoro has quietly reached out to past players Tayte Pears, Jay Neagle and Scott Gumbleton among others to gauge their plans for 2021 with a view to uniting former alumni under the proposed club slogan 'Getting the band back together'. More as it comes to hand."
    BORDERLINE FLYING

8. Likes azabob, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

"Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro, who has been with the Bombers for 22 years, said losing Houli was "one of the bigger disappointments in my career" when he exited the club."

So naturally makes amends by circling back for Houli when he's an unrestricted free agent who'll turn 33 next season.

Owning league rivals yet again by swooping in on trade targets with multi-year deals when they cost the Bombres ... nothing. Genius.

"AFEL.com.au also understands Dodoro has quietly reached out to past players Tayte Pears, Jay Neagle and Scott Gumbleton among others to gauge their plans for 2021 with a view to uniting former alumni under the proposed club slogan 'Getting the band back together'. More as it comes to hand."
    Ha gold....

I'd prefer he went after Watson, Crameri, Stanton, Monfries......

"Getting the banned back together"

Post Thanks / Like

Surely the Houli talk is a desperate attempt to keep Saad from leaving. Surely.

Post Thanks / Like

I can say with near 100% certainty that Tayte Pears won't be changing jobs.

But I can't tell which part of your post is satire, because it's Dodo after all.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I've made this point before but you really only need one house. You should play football for the right reasons and that is achieving success with your teammates and the money will look after itself. That's the point Carlton is missing at the moment with constantly recruiting players who are the cherry on top. Where's the cake?
    Jack Martin had one question when Carlton interviewed him - "Is Eddie coming?"
    For Martin at least the lure of playing with Betts was the primary reason.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Fitzmaurice probably deserves to go home to Windy Hill too. It's been 95 years since he went to North.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

So they are asking players who’s careers they ruined to come back ?
    Omg the arrogance is unbelievable.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Surely the Houli talk is a desperate attempt to keep Saad from leaving. Surely.
    Saad now offered 5 years plus the money he wants. That is a big risk
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The way forward, is evidently backward!

BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

The way forward, is evidently backward!

That will be an entertaining board meeting listening to Sheeds ideas on aliens.
    His first step bring back Hird.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

This mob just keep on giving, bless em.

19. Likes DOG GOD liked this post